Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28999 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by vicadex07(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
zantama05:

Transformation agenda is working.
TRANSFORMATION AGENDA IS GOING
ON SUCCESSFULLY AS WE ALL CAN
PERCEIVE.
1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in most
other places over N120
2. Kerosene from 50 naira to 120 and
above i.e (unofficial price).
3. Garri from N100 to N260 per measure
4. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to
N250 or more per measure
5. Electricity charge from N1,250 to
N4000 per month even when not
available
6. Scarcity of money in all sphere of life,
yet abundantly available if one is a
Jonathanian e.g groups campaigning for
the continuation of the EBELE ill wind
7. Killings from few individuals to whole
communities being wiped out
8. Police/military roadblocks from 1 per
40km to 2 per 3km
9. Crude oil illegal bunkering from
10,000 barrels pd to 100,000 barrels pd.
10. Constant industrial actions by many
organisations
11. From the sack of few workers to the
sack of thousands of workers
12. WASSCE rate of failure from 40% to
over 70%
13. Trust, love and unity among citizens
from substantial to zero
14. Misappropriation of funds from
billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS or TRILLIONS of naira
15. Budget implementation from 40% to
less than 20% Per year
16. Roads from potholes to huge craters
and cut-offs
17. Economy from worse in Africa to
greatest in Africa on paper, but the
masses from poor to poorest
18. Defection of polititians from a few
tens to hundreds of persons, in some
cases thousands from one party to the
other. Nigerian soldiers now defect to
other countries
19. Transport fares, from a few
hundreds of Naira to several thousand of
Naira, on both air and road networks
20. Bribe takings from only police, now
includes all authorities, soldiers inclusive
21. ATM charges from zero to N65 per
transaction
22. New English phrase called 'Tactical
Manoeuvre' when soldiers are
deliberately dispatched with low grade
weapons to be killed by a well armed
"Boko Haram"
23. Bribery scandal from few to
substantial
24. Police pension scam
25. Oduahgate
26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal
27. Allison jet scandal
28. Orisajafor $10 million arms scandal
29. Subsidy scam
30. Immigration death scandal
31. Missing $20 billion
32. Handling boko haram with kid gloves
only to report that the nation is winning
on insurgents.
33. Election delegate bribe
34. Sheriff/Ihejirika case, etc.
I pledged to Nigeria my country, to be
working, voting and praying, to oppose
the cluelessness of the shoeless one, to
whom16 is greater than 19, to whom
stealing is not corruption; that may God
give me the wisdom to vote the slowpoke
out of office, and send him packing from
Aso-rock, to Otuoke from where he
came aboard our ship, come 2015 my
lord,
And uphold our honour and glory so
help me God.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Tmissy3000(m): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
Pls Jonathan, we nigerian beggn you just go. Leave that aso rock pls. Ur gvnt is unbearable!! Cluele$s of all even Abacha no waste nigeria money reach u haba.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

witt
My dear i'd let my response be short and witty. Go ask the victims of Bokoharam and the families of the slain victims of immigration scam to find a bucket to weep and vent their anger since Federal Govt isn't the number 1 person in charge of our welfare any longer.

I see how much GEJ's six year rule have achieved- creating minds bereft of the feelings of real Nigerians on the streets.

Tell GEJ to go to Borno and ask the people to vent their anger on their L.G Chairman.

----------------

Unfortunately for you, no President will solve every problem in Nigeria and no President has ever solved them. When your god, Buhari, criminally ruled Nigeria for 20 months, he only increased our yokes. That was when manufacturing began to take flight in Nigeria.

Keep complaining. Don't go and find something to do. Brilliant minds have been exploring different opportunities found in the country. I hope you know of YouWin programme. People like you will sit in your house and complain that it is fraud while the smart ones are tasking their brains to produce winning entries. I know of at least five young guys that have been set up by YouWin. And they knew nobody in government-not even at the local government level. I helped two to work on their proposals. These guys give us hope of a greater tomorrow. Not perpetual murmurers and complainers.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by iphanyiuma(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ill soon buy my own am waiting fir the price to come down! angry

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

----------------

Unfortunately for you, no President will solve every problem in Nigeria and no President has ever solved them. When your god, Buhari, criminally ruled Nigeria for 20 months, he only increased our yokes. That was when manufacturing began to take flight in Nigeria.

Keep complaining. Don't go and find something to do. Brilliant minds have been exploring different opportunities found in the country. I hope you know of YouWin programme. People like you will sit in your house and complain that it is fraud while the smart ones are tasking their brains to produce winning entries. I know of at least five young guys that have been set up by YouWin. And they knew nobody in government-not even at the local government level. I helped two to work on their proposals. These guys give us hope of a greater tomorrow. Not perpetual murmurers and complainers.

Atleast instead of feeding fat on billions and flying around unnecessarily, my clueless president can save up and pay jobless youths like me( according to you) stipends as it is being done in other sane countries that are not as rich as we are or can't your President do that?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Change2015(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
humilitypays:
This is wrong! Calling your president, the king of your land...a man the gods and God are behind as the king isn't a good practice! We maybe attrating generational curse on ourselves without knowing.

Respect the king of your land and let God and those in the decision making position to call the king to order.

Pls desist from cursing any king (good or bad) for your own good. Many forces are observing our daily actions in life, don't let what others are chanting lead u astray or incite u against someone even when u have little or no grieve against them.

Pls no offense intended.

May God have mercy on you and lift you out of ignorance! Is this the rubbish you get in your church. This is the mindset of an unrepentant pre-civilisation villager. Even in the things of God you must seek knowledge and grow into maturity.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Atleast instead of feeding fat on billions and flying around unnecessarily, my clueless president can save up and pay jobless youths like me( according to you) stipends as it is being done in other sane countries that are not as rich as we are or can't your President do that?

--------
Continue waiting for the President. Stay there, don't cudgel your brains and think out something that will turn your life around. All around you are opportunities. Explore them. No President will not come to your house and give you job.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by nerry656: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Na wa. Oh...
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Change2015(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

I clearly wrote this in my post that you quoted, did I not

So what else have you said that I have not captured and assigned FURTHER work to those who receive mega millions from us and are supposed to do the job

BTW, I was wondering if your "responsive leadership" includes or excludes our NASS members?
I look forward to your answer, sir!

The pdp has a majority in the house and Senate. If they stand together there is nothing the opposition can do to block any bills or motions they propose. Tambuwal remains speaker, because he has enough friends in the pdp willing to vote for him, and the President is wary of being embarrassed if a vote to oust Tambuwal fails. How else do you think the NASS works. The majority party wins 99% of the time, so don't go blame shifting.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by ogbonoeba: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nigerians deserve Jonathan! grin
The Saudis are preparing for $20/barrel crude oil and this joker is buying another private jet.

Nigerians shine your eye in February!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nicklee(m): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
New jet for the presidential fleet? Didn't NOI just declare austerity for 2015? Why would GEJ ask for a new jet in 2015 when Nigeria's 2015 budget is bench-marked against $65/bbl of oil but Brent crude is struggling to trade for $60/bbl, and Nigeria is struggling to find buyers for its January 2015 crude oil cargoes? How important is a new jet to a presidential fleet which already has 8 functional high-end jets? Biko, what happened to austerity, eh, Madam NOI? Seriously?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Change2015:

The pdp has a majority in the house and Senate. If they stand together there is nothing the opposition can do to block any bills or motions they propose. Tambuwal remains speaker, because he has enough friends in the pdp willing to vote for him, and the President is wary of being embarrassed if a vote to oust Tambuwal fails. How else do you think the NASS works. The majority party wins 99% of the time, so don't go blame shifting.

This is not about blame shifting.
It is about shared responsibility in a growing democracy.

The NASS knows how to make plenty of media noise when they have their own personal agenda to achieve such as scaling the fence to ensure Tambuwal was not impeached, not so
Can you explain why they have not shown such solidarity in favour of the citizens whom they represent? Even if they do not win "against" the executive, please show why they cannot make plenty of media noise about their rejection of this aspect of the PROPOSED budget.
Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Change2015(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

-------

Some of you Buhari brigade members seem to be allergic to politeness. The presidency has many departments. Jonathan did not start it. Even when you god, Buhari, was in Dodan Barracks, there were many departments under his office. he had a 2iC (who had aides), he also had his own aides and he had departments that he wanted to oversee directly for optimal performance. The overall budget of all those units and departments is the budget of the presidency.

Is it huge? Yes it is and something should be don about it. If you looked at the budgets of 2013, 2014 and 2015, you will notice that the money allocated to the presidency is reducing. We will want it to reduce more. That is how it should be. If you argue this way, it is what we call constructive criticism. But if you come and make claims like the cost of the president's daughters' wedding blablabla which you do not know anything about and who even funded it, then, that is irresponsibility.

Learn to argue like a mature person. it's a virtue, not a vice.

Excuses, excuses...
Jonathan did not start it.... So bloody what?
What has he improved, what has he changed? Where has he made a positive mark that ordinary people can feel and see?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by 989900: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
Money and technology would easily solve this BH problem, if only the Government is committed.
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sibabasibaba1: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Change2015:

Excuses, excuses...
Jonathan did not start it.... So bloody what?
What has he improved, what has he changed? Where has he made a positive mark that ordinary people can feel and see?
-----

Why are you kicking? All you want to hear is that Jonathan is the immediate younger brother of Lucifer. Isn't it?
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Change2015(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

This is not about blame shifting.
It is about shared responsibility in a growing democracy.

The NASS knows how to make plenty of media noise when they have their own personal agenda to achieve such as scaling the fence to ensure Tambuwal was not impeached, not so
Can you explain why they have not shown such solidarity in favour of the citizens whom they represent? Even if they do not win "against" the executive, please show why they cannot make plenty of media noise about their rejection of this aspect of the PROPOSED budget.
Thanks!

And what leadership has Jonathan shown to his party members in the NASS? Do we have his agenda, his priorities for legislation? Where is evidence of his own original thought? PIB is not his idea, the amnesty deal was not his idea... What has David Mark achieved in 8yrs? Is the president a man who demands efficiency, intelligence, honesty and integrity from the people he recommends for high office? Does it show? What is the transformation agenda but an empty slogan bouncing off empty stomachs of the public. It is clear even within the pdp that he offers nothing when it comes to leadership. 6 long years have revealed him to be a man in circumstances beyond his intellect.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Change2015:

And what leadership has Jonathan shown to his party members in the NASS? Do we have his agenda, his priorities for legislation? Where is evidence of his own original thought? PIB is not his idea, the amnesty deal was not his idea... What has David Mark achieved in 8yrs? Is the president a man who demands efficiency, intelligence, honesty and integrity from the people he recommends for high office? Does it show? What is the transformation agenda but an empty slogan bouncing off empty stomachs of the public. It is clear even within the pdp that he offers nothing when it comes to leadership. 6 long years have revealed him to be a man in circumstances beyond his intellect.

Yar'Adua died in May 2010.
We are in Dec. 2014. Not even 5 years yet many confusionists keep saying he has been in power for 6 years.
How far will you go in spreading LIES in order to achieve your odoriferous objective

Dr, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been a more effective & efficient leader going by the achievements in his less than 5 years in power despite the numerous challenges he faced compared to his predecessors and the 36 state governors.
If you want a bully who will flog you to do anything because he considers you and his fellow citizens "useless & senseless" you are on your own (OYO).

Africa does not need great men, it needs great INSTITUTIONS.

- Barrack Hussein Obama, POTUS
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Change2015(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

Yar'Adua died in May 2010.
We are in Dec. 2014. Not even 5 years yet many confusionists keep saying he has been in power for 6 years.
How far will you go in spreading LIES in order to achieve your odoriferous objective

Dr, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been a more effective & efficient leader going by the achievements in his less than 5 years in power despite the numerous challenges he faced compared to his predecessors and the 36 state governors.
If you want a bully who will flog you to do anything because he considers you and his fellow citizens "useless & senseless" you are on your own (OYO).

Please, eh, mention the achievements that have made my life better. As I sit here, battery running low, no electricity, (on Christmas Eve kwanu!), funds low, expectations flat, how has our great leader improved the business climate in the country, even if not for me but for the millions of job hunters. If lagos is hard like this, will kebbi or enugu or kwara be better?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Synthase(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
He wont need it then!... Remix of James Hardley Chase's "He wont need it now"

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by aresa: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
FrankC3:
From this article, despite frantic efforts by SH to sound alarmist, it is still very clear that no new jet is being purchased, rather a trade in is being done for one of the available jets. For those who know, in such procurements, manufacturer trade in could be aimed at achieving sustained warranty support, equipment and spare parts availability and to save money in the long run. It is often more expensive to maintain an older model of a product than to trade it in for a new one with better features. That is part of why firms change even official cars after 3 years most times.

Is the size of the Nigeriam Government large, yes! Is this particular procurement a wastage, we do not have enough information to say yet. During budget defence, the leader of Presidential Airfleet will be on ground to present his reasons and APC NASS members will have their chance to engage in logic and not all this emotional outburst by farmiliar handles on NL.

It doesn't matter how hard you spin it, cut and dice it, it remains a very cruel, thoughtless and incentive request especially while advocating hard biting economic hard times and austerity measures..

There is absolutely no justification for another presidential jet unless they are ready to tell Nigerians that non of the 9 or 10 jets they have right now can fly or convey him from point A to point B.

They have more planes than many airlines for crying out loud. Even the richest and advanced countries don't have so many presidential planes, even some fly commercial...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by aresa: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Change2015:

Please, eh, mention the achievements that have made my life better. As I sit here, battery running low, no electricity, (on Christmas Eve kwanu!), funds low, expectations flat, how has our great leader improved the business climate in the country, even if not for me but for the millions of job hunters. If lagos is hard like this, will kebbi or enugu or kwara be better?

They regurgitate ridiculous and bogus assertions that means nothing to the average Nigerian's daily realities and not even their own suffering realities. When they speak, it's politics and tribalism speaking and never what's best for Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by akandea(m): 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
Haba!
Is it only me or what? I now look back to the days of the ignoble IBB as the good old days when I compare then with the GOOD Governance of GEJ. Phew!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Yeske2(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nigeria
The Nigerian Air Force currently maintains a
Boeing Business Jet (737) as a means of
transport for the President of Nigeria . The plane is
also known as "Eagle One" and is marked
NAF-001. The national colors of the Nigerian Flag
(Green, White, Green), are painted in long
horizontal stripes along the base of the white
fuselage, the words "NIGERIAN AIR FORCE" are
tagged on the top, and the Seal of the President
of Nigeria is embossed on the tail. In addition,
there is a Gulfstream V-SP, a Gulfstream 550, two
Falcon 7Xs, a Do228-200, and 3 A139 choppers.
The Falcon 900s (two), a GIV-SP, and G II were
all sold. A Citation Bravo and Hawker 800 were
returned to the Air Force. Nigeria happens to be
one of few countries of the world with a large
PAF.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_transports_of_heads_of_state_and_government
Emphasis on last sentence

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by mcquin(m): 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

--------
Continue waiting for the President. Stay there, don't cudgel your brains and think out something that will turn your life around. All around you are opportunities. Explore them. No President will not come to your house and give you job.

Did you say opportunities and 11 people died in the Immigration job saga? Come over it, governments provide for unemployed youths in sane countries...I know you are educated enough to know that.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by aresa: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
mcquin:

Did you say opportunities and 11 people died in the Immigration job saga? Come over it, governments provide for unemployed youths in sane countries...I know you are educated enough to know that.

I won't say that...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Lucasbalo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
olajide8:
The naira has been devalued, with no buffer, the minister of finance is still planning or maybe lying to plan on how they would put in austerity measures to manage the economy, salaries are being owed, S.A and P.A of the president are looting and doing projects that do not add value to the common man- they are still galavanting the whole world- the price of oil is dropping- and the subsidy is not dropping, projects are being done on paper and with the word of mouth as first class projects to be delivered in 25yrs and 30yrs - the presidential fleet has 10jets they want to trade in one and spend more on a new one- why don't they just start another nigerian airways- the masses are suffering whereas the presidency uses N1b to eat, too many misplaced priorities - they also says corruption is not stealing That's how we know people that cheated in school, nothing dey dem head- only WATER!! and that they have made a few Nigerians close to them billionaires with out manufacturing companies and reciprocating industrialization A disgrace to Doctorate degree holders- ha let me not forget N9.2b for stoves - what a shame! Uncle Doyin and GEJ mis-yarning left right and center as if they are high on w.eed Plz, baba God send this incompetent group to their villages* the havoc they have recked as a group would really take us sometime to correct as some people have been so bast.ardized that they see mediocrity and incompetence and shout Cluelessness to 2019!!! May God visit the enemies of nigeria- with this kind of incompetent person- sometimes when I see the defence people put up, for this govt., it marvels me- do we even need as much as 9-10jets in the presidential airfleet - my answer NO! Why do we have them and a minister of petroleum would go and hire N10b jet NNPC funds and still take the house to court that they can't surmon her to face them? The structure of govt is clear- one makes laws the other administers and manages the economy based on their own belief's - that's why a NASS cannot stop the presidency from buying stoves and a jet- trade in yes - when the jets were being brought an open govt., would put all the objectives and warrants in public space for debate- and not tell us that it's a trade in when theu are adding another N400m to the so called trade in
God bless you for that. Well put. This people supporting the clueless and ineptly corrupt GEJ are mental dwarfs suffering from Stockholm Syndrome .

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by honfarouk(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
olaife80:

No matter how he spend the money lavishly power is not returning back to hausa/fulani warlord.. If unah no like it go and die.
Ok oo lets see about that

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by merbenko: 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Media and GMB cable want to tarnish this gentle through false media accusation. GEJ 2019
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by merbenko: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Lucasbalo:
God bless you for that. Well put. This people supporting the clueless and ineptly corrupt GEJ are mental dwarfs suffering from Stockholm Syndrome .
Haha you guys are funny. Just look at the way can't even have common ideology of political matter always like your Master GMB. Fulani/Hausa syndrome
Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by lekantruth: 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
WICKEDNESS, CALLOUSNESS, SELFISHNESS, ENSLAVEMENT, GREEDINESS, LACK OF HUMAN FEELINGS are some of the terms that can describe this government. We are watching cry

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Neplusultra(f): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
iwriterng:
God! It would be unjust of you to send ordinary sinners to the same hell with this people. #JustSaying
Haaa! E pain u reach like dat?? Lol!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by iwriterng(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
Neplusultra:
Haaa! E pain u reach like dat?? Lol!!!
It's painful to read stories of billions being shared in a country where citizens can't eat what they like at the right time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta / Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP / 6 Reasons Ibarapa Residents Want Iskilu Wakili Evicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.