Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free (1014 Views)

APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections / 2015 Elections: We Can't Guarantee It Will Be Violence Free - INEC / 2015 Elections’ll Determine Nigeria’s Continued Existence – Lai Mohammed - See M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by dre11(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday promised that his administration would give security agencies the necessary support to ensure that the 2015 general elections are violence-free.

He also vowed that the Independent National Electoral Commission would be given the necessary assistance to conduct free, fair and credible elections.

Jonathan made the promises in his Christmas message to Nigerians made available to journalists.

To ensure peace before, during and after the elections, the President called on all politicians to ensure that they conduct issues-based campaigns ahead of the elections.

He said politicians should be more statesman-like by eschewing the promotion of falsehood.

He said, “We are also celebrating this Christmas against the background of preparations for next year’s general elections.

“I seize this opportunity to reassure the nation that my administration will give the Independent National Electoral Commission all necessary support to ensure that it delivers very free, fair, credible and acceptable elections in 2015.

“National security agencies will also be given all necessary support to enhance their ability to ensure that the elections which should strengthen democracy in our country are peaceful and violence free.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-says-2015-electionsll-be-violence-free/
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by dre11(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Mr President,

I hold you by your worlds that the election will be free and fair and void of violence

***** my prayer is that God should make this election void of violence
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by omenka(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yet your boys are busy buying warships and gun boats!! Anyone who plots violence would have only their respective families consumed by it!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by dre11(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:
Yet your boys are busy buying warships and gun boats!! Anyone who plots violence would have only their respective families consumed by it!

A big amen to that emboldened part

He who lives by the sword will surely die by the sword

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by thegoodone2(m): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
He did the same thing in Osun and Edo state. I love GEJ for his simplicity. As a true born again christian, Election is not do or die affair.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by thegoodone2(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
dre11:
Mr President,

I hold you by your worlds that the election will be free and fair and void of violence

***** my prayer is that God should make this election void of violence
he is man of his words, he promise the same thing in Osun ,Edo and Ekiti. I love him for that.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by youngice(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
the clueless one pitted against the extreme one

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by nerodenero: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
Seriously,I have no doubt that the southern part would be peaceful but same can't be said of the northern part.

Even if the election is free,fair and Jonathan wins,the north will be on fire as my stay in the north in 2011 readily comes to mind.Should Buhari wins,I believe the south will be calm.

Above all,Jonathan owes us a duty to conduct a free/fair election and at the same time, protect lives and properties.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by clevvermind(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan is the man. let all your enemies be put to shame.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by KHAYGOLD(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
You said more than that in 2011. Someone that said he won't recontest comes 2015, but renege. Someone that said if he fails to tackle power problem in 4years that he shouldn't be given a second chance comes 2015, but using his power to override the statement. I can never believe anything that comes out of the undertaker man from otuoke. A goon leader.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by brownlord: 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:

Be careful what you wish for son, Tinubu ring and roast, Amaechi planned civil disobedience.

Jonathan asking for a peaceful election, your paymasters are already making provocative statement, forgetting they have robot that can go on killing spree at the slightest provocation
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by JANK23H(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
youngice:
the clueless one pitted against the extreme one
Na wa o,this clueless dey sweet una for mouth o. The interesting thing is that even a dunce and an slowpoke calls the president clueless.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by KHAYGOLD(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
nerodenero:
Seriously,I have no doubt that the southern part would be peaceful but same can't be said of the northern part.

Even if the election is free,fair and Jonathan wins,the north will be on fire as my stay in the north in 2011 readily comes to mind.Should Buhari wins,I believe the south will be calm.

Above all,Jonathan holds us a duty to conduct a free/fair election and at the same time, protect lives and properties.

Jonathan owes you nothing. Believe him and you are the greatest fool.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by dre11(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
thegoodone2:
he is man of his words, he promise the same thing in Osun ,Edo and Ekiti. I love him for that.

Those are just one state doing their election at different times with the presence of the alot of security personnel from other state.. ...

But, you and I know that the presidential election would be massive.
So, I ask myself..... Is he going to hire security personnel from other countries to help beef up security.
Just like he took security from other state for those state election

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by sufido123: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari has a different plan

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by brownlord: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
KHAYGOLD:
You said more than that in 2011. Someone that said he won't recontest comes 2015, but renege. Someone that said if he fails to tackle power problem in 4years that he shouldn't be given a second chance comes 2015, but using his power to override the statement. I can never believe anything that comes out of the undertaker man from otuoke. A goon leader.

Why not shut up for once, the man said there will be free and fair election in same 2011 and he did, election so far free and peaceful under him. Criticize when need be, he said he won't recontest, Buhari said same so what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by Blackfire(m): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
amen sir and anyone asking for opposite to score political point,will receive thunder from sango,and interbalistic slap from amadioha
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by oziegbe2015: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
All nigerians ask is 4 a free and fair elections, if that is what u were able to achieve for more than 6yrs its ok. Obj gave us one thing communication atleast give us our greatest wish a free fair election to peacefully send u to otuoke
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by KHAYGOLD(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
brownlord:

Why not shut up for once, the man said there will be free and fair election in same 2011 and he did, election so far free and peaceful under him. Criticize when need be, he said he won't recontest, Buhari said same so what is your point?

He said it because he knows you are foolish and will believe. Anyway, am not in your league of extraordinary foolish and easy to deceived man. No need quoting you anymore. Jadanu
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by oziegbe2015: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
brownlord:

mr TAN buhari never wanted to contest but because of the cries of the masses he accepted, moreover buhari didnt sign an agreement on that unlike CLUELESS that made the statement and even gov bagagida aliyu and sule lamido were shouting he signed a bond with them in pdp. Bottom line- never trust a power drunkard who can do anything to stay in power even to the extent of breaking bonds. Power intoxicated him and i wonder how different he had from abacha
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by nerodenero: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
KHAYGOLD:

Jonathan owes you nothing. Believe him and you are the greatest fool.
I think you reason through your anus.Is it buhari that will conduct free and fair election for you? ode buruku.Anyway before you start thinking too much,I am not a fan of both men.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by psucc(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:

It now our turn to assemble just in case 2015 flops, then we do the needful.
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by brownlord: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
oziegbe2015:
mr TAN buhari never wanted to contest but because of the cries of the masses he accepted, moreover buhari didnt sign an agreement on that unlike CLUELESS that made the statement and even gov bagagida aliyu and sule lamido were shouting he signed a bond with them in pdp. Bottom line- never trust a power drunkard who can do anything to stay in power even to the extent of breaking bonds. Power intoxicated him and i wonder how different he had from abacha

You brain is so tiny, Cries from which masses? when did they the masses cry to him and even he was there before so what can he do differently now?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by oziegbe2015: 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
brownlord:

You brain is so tiny, Cries from which masses? when did they the masses cry to him and even he was there before so what can he do differently now?
and u have an oversize brain, why not lend it to gej for at least aday maybe that could help restore our economy
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by brownlord: 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
oziegbe2015:
and u have an oversize brain, why not lend it to gej for at least aday maybe that could help restore our economy

Now i dig, maybe you think am one of GEJ's disciples or pay per post crew like you doing for buhari right?
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by taharqa: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
KHAYGOLD:
You mean Gen Buhari, right?? The vow he made on live TV, d same day he cried like a child...
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by oziegbe2015: 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
brownlord:

Now i dig, maybe you think am one of GEJ's disciples or pay per post crew like you doing for buhari right?
but thats the trade mark of saTAN and pdp, we knw how the #21b loot donation is been distributed. A fraction to e-rats so any saTANic e-rat is a natural suspect
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by kingphilip(m): 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
KHAYGOLD:
buhari too said he won't contest in 2015 but please can u remind me the apc presidential candidate?
Re: Jonathan Says 2015 Elections’ll Be Violence-free by kingphilip(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
taharqa:
You mean Gen Buhari, right?? The vow he made on live TV, d same day he cried like a child...
that day he didn't pay nepa bill n there no light to watch the life show

(1) (Reply)

An Incumbent President Has Never Lost In The History Of Nigerian Politics / Only Way To Stop Suicide Bombings / I Didn’t Endorse Any Candidate – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.