Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? (13857 Views)

A Male Boss Or Female Boss, Which One Would You Rather Prefer? / Job Interviewer: Do You Prefer Male Or Female / Male Or Female Helper Needed For Me In Englan(uk). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by okotv(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
GoldenDr:
You have brought a twist to it.
Government work
Bank work
Hospital work
Teaching work
Marketing work
Hotel work
Factory work
this is how we should discuss it and not generalising

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Equiano: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Female boss can be bossy to the core, they can faill your hands in front of your "juniors", just to score a cheap point. A male boss can understand and be flexible with you knowing that its not easy to be a man, to care for a family etc. If you need a causal leave, a male boss u grant it wothout much fuss, but a female boss will attach a condition to it. Female boss often lures their surbordinates into lewd conditions thatare brazen. Don't pray to have a female boss if you are a man with real future and career ambition.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by missdre(f): 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
A female boss and that's going to be me...
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Horrlah(f): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
male
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
misterkay:
Male boss. Female bosses can be hard to please.
same here!
male boss rule
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
Female bosses nag a lot.Esp the single ones.I have worked in couple of companies where females are the head.They always backstab and backbite the junior staff who are looking good.They dont want the management to increase salaries of hardworking staff except theirs.They also pass bulk of their tasking jobs to the junior staff to do.
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by HopeAtHand: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
sexyseun:
I have worked with both, i slept with the male boss after so so many toasting and seductions.... I had a little affair too with my female boss, she was or rather she is bisexual, she was very dominating and commanding.

I would go for a male boss anyday, anytime, they give you lesser stress in any ramification tongue

Sexyseun, it can only be you. shocked grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
I don't know... But if she's beautiful I will go for the female. If she's ugly, that one na big wahala. I don't know why ugly ladies hate me?
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by verygudbadguy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
LaurelP:
Which would you prefer as a boss in the office
A male or female boss

Please give reasons

None!
I prefer to be my own boss. The boss tin can so get into dia head sumtimes dat they behave nonsensically...

On a crious note, male boss understands beta.
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
I'd prefer BOTH!
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by HopeAtHand: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
simplemach:
Male ofcourse. A female boss will always want to use you like a piece of rag and pay you peanauts at month end.
Infact i see women bosses as APC members.

Nope, using your APC and PDP analogy then i would go with female boss..

For Example, Male APC bosses used Gov. AMAECHI and dumped him witout him benefiting anything..

But a female boss, PEJ repayed the hardwork of Nyesom Wike by making him the governorship flagbearer of PDP.. imagine if Amaechi had worked for that female boss. grin grin

Hahahaha...Na joke oh, in the spirit of boxing day.

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Jollymich(m): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
because their dog meat is extra smooth
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
IMO the gender doesn't matter at all, what matters is the character in discourse.

I do pretty fine working under a boss who has a well-earned reputation for unfettered feistiness, thinks constructively and has a remarkable sense of humor.

But then, isn't it about time we quit talking about working for some random guys?
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by chumakk: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
simplemach:
Male ofcourse. A female boss will always want to use you like a piece of rag and pay you peanauts at month end.
Infact i see women bosses as APC members.
grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by zigger(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
Male boss all d way but 4 a young sexy female I will take an xception
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by musaffyan(m): 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
zigger:

Same here dude but prefer been ma own boss or for others
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by powerblaze(m): 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
Female bosses overact a lot..
Also, offend or disappoint a male boss, and he'll get angry n all, but then that's where it ends(if you're not on the red line sha).. By the next day it's all forgotten.

A female boss will make ur life miserable for weeks just cos of a Lil error she could have just educated you on improving.

However, female bosses are usually reliable. Easy to confide in. They also don't forget a good deed, and would easily recommend you for promotion.

A male boss is not always ready to take you up the ladder with him.. He mostly want you to be at the level where he'd command absolute control.

Of course, all of these are variables. We all have our nature, personality and man management techniques

4 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 27, 2014
Male boss abeg....female 4 where?

Reason cos females r kinda harsh and hard when superior and also because its much more easier to get a job under a male boss.....their life no difficult @ all... tongue

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Afrobasic(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2014
sexyseun:
I have worked with both, i slept with the male boss after so so many toasting and seductions.... I had a little affair too with my female boss, she was or rather she is bisexual, she was very dominating and commanding.

I would go for a male boss anyday, anytime, they give you lesser stress in any ramification tongue

Haha... You seem like a bad girl. I like bad girls kiss

@topic
Male of course!
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Afrobasic(m): 12:27am On Dec 27, 2014
zigger:

Same grin
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by warpedlogician: 12:48am On Dec 27, 2014
meetmonde:
I prefer a female boss.. From experience, I blend well with them.. And they can be more of a mother...

You worked in a local company not a world class company. Or else you can never make such a statement
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by warpedlogician: 12:50am On Dec 27, 2014
Meky7777:
I don't know... But if she's beautiful I will go for the female. If she's ugly, that one na big wahala. I don't know why ugly ladies hate me?

You're clearly never worked in your life
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Definitely female for me.

So far, all the female bosses I've had have been nothing short of amazing. In my experience, male bosses are too set in there ways to welcome new ideas and critique (of a process). We have a female supervisor that presides over the male coordinator of our department, and I've had to bypass him almost every time I had an idea to implement, or needed something etc. Unfortunately, I can't go to her for schedule changes. And so it happened, that for the very first time since hire, I managed the miracle feat of finding my own shift coverage, and approached our dept coordinator for some time off (finals week). He declined on the grounds that it would put my coverage person into overtime, and told me I'd have to come in to work. Fine. No less than a week later, I got pleading call from him at 4am on my day off telling me they were short a couple people and swamped, and asking me to 'please please come in' despite the fact that working that shift would put me into overtime. Fine. He went out to eat during our 'rush hour' (busy period), and came back complaining to me about how large the mushroom on his mushroom burger had been. I commented on my dislike of mushrooms for their texture, to which he replied, "Well, I guess I've learned something about you today..."

Me: "Hmm?"

Him: "Your sexual preference". Guffaw.

Erm, wowzers. Yh, I didn't say anything to that. Just took way too many breaks, and told him I was leaving 2 hours prior to the end of the shift - before he could as he always does. It jogged my memory to the time he came onto me just days post-hire (something I'd clean forgotten about), and perhaps he was trying to justify my [lack of] response by alluding that I might be a lesbian, after which followed a discussion on lesbians with another coworker. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with him during my usual shift. He's just so obnoxious, I swear. My previous boss was the same. That one actually contacted me to ask if I would consider coming back to my old position months after having laid me off lol. I had to keep myself from chuckling right there on the line.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by hollypagan: 2:19am On Dec 27, 2014
female boss, always tell her she is beautiful on her cloths , then you become god in the office.for men find out wht he likes best and discuss it with him,

1 Like

Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Ilekeh(f): 2:20am On Dec 27, 2014
Don't matter as long as I make my ca$h
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by Revolva(m): 2:36am On Dec 27, 2014
female so i go seduce her Visit Here For your scandalous Video http://yourscandalousvideos..com/ share with friends..
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by red101(f): 3:01am On Dec 27, 2014
I've had both and it's hard to choose. Male bosses from my experience are more likely to give you your space and let you do your thing. Female bosses tend to be more hands on and very involved. they can be too meddlesome.
I like male bosses for peace of mind since I am an introvert but prefer female bosses for professional growth because if they like you, they will really care for you and take you under their wings to mentor you and see to your success. If they don't like you on the other hand, they can easily become your worst nightmare.
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by red101(f): 3:14am On Dec 27, 2014
powerblaze:
Female bosses overact a lot..
Also, offend or disappoint a male boss, and he'll get angry n all, but then that's where it ends(if you're not on the red line sha).. By the next day it's all forgotten.

A female boss will make ur life miserable for weeks just cos of a Lil error she could have just educated you on improving.

However, female bosses are usually reliable. Easy to confide in. They also don't forget a good deed, and would easily recommend you for promotion.

A male boss is not always ready to take you up the ladder with him.. He mostly want you to be at the level where he'd command absolute control.

Of course, all of these are variables. We all have our nature, personality and man management techniques

yup
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by eddieedoho: 3:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Female bosses, the few i know are very arrogant, greedy and insolence.
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by tellwisdom: 3:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Boss ko, Actor ni undecided
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by lockupman(m): 5:31am On Dec 27, 2014
I prefer a female boss. I enjoy working with them. You really work hard and learn a lot under them. I drop my ego and learn truly and I grow so well. Although I have always preferred a married, motherly and even elderly female boss. Working under them and really putting your mind to work and learn can be extremely rewarding. But u go work scatter. If you no like work too much, male bosses are the best. But I hate idling away in the name of job. I like to be engaged. I miss my former boss so much. God bless her.
Re: Would You Prefer A Male Or Female Boss? by ojsmscom(m): 5:40am On Dec 27, 2014
holatin:
Nothing like having no boss.

So I wount prefer any.

#beyourownboss

Exactly what I was looking for.see me see wahala oo what are d children of 21st cntury gonna do with bosses.abeg be ur own boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Could This Be True ( UBA) / Sol Nigeria Interview Invitation / Hostcom: Is The F.g. Charging Youths To Train Them Or Is This A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.