Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren (2558 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / What I Did With My Christian Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2016
Empiree:
^^

Other versions of this tradition demonstrate that the Prophet said this during the campaign against Banu Qurayzah, a Jewish tribe who had betrayed the Muslims and aided their enemies in a war of extermination.

Abu Basrah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّا غَادُونَ عَلَى يَهُودَ فَلَا تَبْدَءُوهُمْ بِالسَّلَامِ فَإِذَا سَلَّمُوا عَلَيْكُمْ فَقُولُوا وَعَلَيْكُمْ

Verily, I will depart against the Jews in the morning, so do not greet them with peace and if they greet you with peace, then say: And upon you.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 26695, Grade: Sahih

So the hadith quoted by albhagdadi is isolated one. NOT general rule.

WaAllahu Alam

In as much that I would have love to buy this explanation, the inconsistency in the varied opinion forced me to reject it. The hadith quoted in Musnad Ahmad above ^ is contrary to the:

Sahih Muslim (2167) -

"Allah's Messenger said: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Anyway, such isolated " hadith" does not worth sweating on.
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by true2god: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-MpOnZ5ft8

Who do we follow, the Saudi sheikh or the shia ayatollah?
Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by Empiree: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
This Is How You Celebrate Xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merry Xmas To My Christian Brethren by AlBaqir(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
AlBaqir:
IMAM KHOMEINI'S MESSAGE TO THE NOBLE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ON THE OCCASSION OF CHRISTMAS.
In the name of God the merciful,the compassionate.

May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon Jesus the son of Mariam the great prophet who revived the dead and awakened the unaware.

May God's blessing and praises be upon his holy mother Hazrat-mariam the virgin Mary-who through the divine spirit gave a great son to those who were thirsty for divine mercy.

Greeting to the noble christian clergy who inspired by the holy teaching of Jesus christ try to pacify their soul. Praises to the noble christian nation who enjoy the divine teachings of Jesus christ.

On behalf of the oppressed people of Iran, I ask you the christian people to pray for our people who are suffering from the despotic tyrant on your holy days and ask Allah for their emancipation. I ask you the great christian nation to warn the heads of some christian countries helping the tyrannical Shah with their satanic powers in crushing a whole nation under oppression, and to acquaint them with the teachings of Jesus christ. I ask the christian clergy to advise the heads of some powerful countries and to denounce their support of the one who has always acted against divine precepts. The holy Quran has lauded Jesus christ for great for his greatness and referred to Hazrat mariam as a purified being.

Peace be upon you,

Ruhollah Al-musawi Al-khomeini December 23,1978.

Happy christmas to all our christian friends.

Merry Christmas to all the Christian brethren.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Foreign Religions Ruined Our Societies / Photos: Icons From The Bible Depicted As Africans / Moral Problems (questions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.