Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

On Nupeng And Pengasson Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Nupeng And Pengasson Strike (791 Views)

Buhari Receives Officials Of NUPENG And PENGASSAN At State House (Photos) / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Nupeng And Pengasson Strike by yungmin: 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
it is only in Nigeria where a private company sacks an employee, the trade union instead of picketting that company can decide to shot down the entire country as a protest for that one employee. I heard part of the reason for the NEPENG &PENGASSON strike was due to the sacking of one employee by Total oil. smh!!

secondly, it is only in this country that people expect a govt. to do sth the same way it was done in the past and expect a new result. NUPENG & PENGASSON says they want govt to do thorough maintenance of the refinies and also build new ones. my simple question to them is that: is maintenance a one-off thing? over the years since those refineries were built, govt after govt have been unable to successfully do the needed maintenance and build new ones not just because there was no political will but there is gross incompetence & corruption of the authorities in the NNPC . this same govt. is being pressured to do maintenance and build new refineries as opposed to privatization and removal of subsidy.

they talked about the petroleum industry bill as part of the reason for the strike and I want to ask where were they when the NASS was foot-dragging the passage of the bill? did NUPENG & PENGASSAN just come to the consciousness of the importance of the bill? or rather they are jst playng politics?

to me, I know the unionists in NUPENG & PENGASSAN are not stupid. they ard consciously working for the cabals that are feeding fat from the disorganized nature of the industry.

(1) (Reply)

The Worst 10 Of Goodluck Jonathan’s 2014 / Baga: The Carnage, Inaccurate Reportage And Government ‘indifference’ Part 1 / Can Someone Market GEJ In The Light Of The Following

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.