Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Introducing Blackberry From Glo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Introducing Blackberry From Glo (1701 Views)

A Terrible Service Experience From GLO (inhuman Customer Support Agents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Blackberry From Glo by freelance(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2006
BlackBerry From Glo

It’s not what you know, that makes you and your clients money…
It’s Staying in the Know.
As a mobile professional who is always on the go, you often need access to information unique to your industry or business.
You need an edge to keep your clients satisfied!
You need tools to stay connected and make the most of your busy work day!

With BlackBerry®from Glo, you’re covered!

BlackBerry®is your integrated wireless solution that allows you:

Stay in contact with clients.
Keep in touch with your office.
Accelerate decision making
Lower your costs
Increase efficiency
Outperform the competition
Be the first to know about market changes.
BlackBerry® from Glo

Need more information on BlackBerry then holla me and more information coming your way soon.
Re: Introducing Blackberry From Glo by freelance(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2006
Globacom’s BlackBerry Enterprise Solution

We are glad to inform you that Globacom Nigeria Limited has launched yet another first of its kind
value adding wireless communication solution in Nigeria, known as ‘BlackBerry’, which is designed to
keep mobile professionals connected to people and information while on the go.

The BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution is a leading wireless solution for connecting mobile professionals
to communications and information while they are on the go. It provides an award-winning platform that
offers users integrated wireless connectivity to a range of business applications, including enterprise
data, email, phone, web, SMS and organizer applications.

With the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution™, your organization can leverage hundreds of third party
applications and services offered by leading independent software vendors, solution providers and
system integrators. This synergy provides additional power and flexibility that can help you deploy
wireless solutions that can build competitive advantages.

The Device- BlackBerry 7290 Handheld

The BlackBerry 7290 Wireless Handheld™ provides a superior wireless email and data experience
combined with built-in phone functionality—all in a single, integrated device. It provides quad-band
network support, allowing users to travel nationwide or internationally while still maintaining wireless
connectivity to a full suite of applications including-

· Email
· Corporate Data
· Organizer & PIM functions (Calendar, Contacts, Memos)
· SMS
· Web Browsing
· Phone
· Attachment Viewing
· Instant Messaging
· Bluetooth functionality
· Robust partner and solution ecosystem- Applications

BlackBerry Enterprise Solutions (BES) for Corporates

The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is a complete wireless connectivity solution that can help your
organization stay ahead of the competition by providing wireless access to communications,
applications and information.

It provides the tools and advanced security features your organization requires for wirelessly extending
existing enterprise applications and systems, such as sales force automation, enterprise resource
planning and corporate intranets.

· It works with Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell Groupwise corporate email servers.
· Enables ‘PUSH’ based access to email, corporate data (Intranet) and other enterprise applications
· Guaranteed security to corporate information using Triple Des encryption
· Scalable and flexible architecture
· Simplified management and centralized control for IT departments
· Integrated Email attachment viewing
· All corporate information and data is hosted on the BlackBerry server within the client’s premises

Benefits of BlackBerry Solution

· Effortless PUSH notification of email
· Full wireless synchronisation of data
· Rock solid end-to-end security- This has been fully adopted by FBI and London Metropolitan Police
· Flexibility to extend data access beyond email
· A long term solution with outstanding ROI and user satisfaction
· Productivity- 93% of users have an average of 53 more minutes of productivity each day
· Immediacy- Always on, Always connected; access to email and corporate data
· Direct Savings- Reduction of laptop use / ‘dialling in’. BlackBerry serves as one device (Phone and PDA)
· Saves Time
· Ability to roam your BlackBerry on Globacom’s network in conjunction with Glo’s roaming partners while outside the country

Pricing

The initial acquisition price is N100,000.00 per user for a minimum of a twenty (20) user license.

This consists of –

· N60,000 fee for the device
· N10,000 activation fee
· N20,000 security deposit
· N10,000 monthly access rental to the Blackberry service

Please note the following –

This price does not include the cost of the Glo Postpaid SIM required for the service (Existing Glo Postpaid subscribers can use their SIMs for this service & existing Glo Prepaid subscribers can be migrated to the Glo Postpaid platform)
The price does not include the cost of the BES Server installation

Activation Requirements:

For the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution to be activated, Globacom requires the following infrastructure to
be in place in your organisation:

· An Email Server- Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Notes or Novell Groupwise
· A BlackBerry Server with minimum hardware configuration
o Pentium IV processor (2GHz or higher)
o 1.5 Gb RAM
· Windows 2000 server SP4 or Advanced Server Edition with SP4/Windows 2003 Server SP
· SQL Server 2000 or SQL 2005 with current SPs & Updates

Please Note: A compliance checklist is attached to this proposal

Deploying the use of BlackBerry in your business accords you the opportunity of working faster and
smarter as you ‘glo with pride’.

For more details or enquiries, kindly call Dare on 08055573639
[img][/img]

Re: Introducing Blackberry From Glo by BLUEWISE: 11:15am On Aug 21, 2006
freelance, if i tell u ds u may nt believ.my sony ericson k750i can do 90% of what blackberry can do.am replyin via my phone brower.it's nt about having mobile phone it is all about knowin how to get d best out of ur phone.i cruise d web almost 4 free wit opera mini. send txt to any mobile number local or international wit WEXT.am always in touch wit my email thanks to flurry.dt is jst an iceberg
Re: Introducing Blackberry From Glo by abujabooks(f): 1:51am On Jan 28, 2008
@Bluewise, I am interested. Which telecom provider are you with? What packages did u get? How much per montg?

@All, holla if you use your phone to surf, send and receive emails. Details.
Re: Introducing Blackberry From Glo by invisible2(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2008
@freelance, I am using blackberry from MTN to reply, seems cheaper than that of GLO, total cost 63000, monthly subscription of 5000 for web access.
Re: Introducing Blackberry From Glo by uzoo: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
HI EVERYONE WE HAVE BLACKBERRY 7280 FOR SALE #13,000
INTERESTED EMAIL ME uzokk@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Start With What You Have Now! / Buy A Block Industry In Abuja As A Part Time Business / Abolition Of Cargo Tracking Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.