Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason (1308 Views)

2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. / Abati To APC: Be Ready To Pay The Price Of Treason / APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by sweetbb(m): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2014
The Presidency has accused Governor Amaechi and APC of treason.

This was said yesterday following a statement made on Tuesday by Governor Amaechi,that there should be improved funding of the Armed Forces in the ongoing counter-
insurgency campaign in relation to recent soldiers' mutiny.

In a statement signed and released yesterday by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs,Dr. Doyin Okupe,he faulted Amaechi for involving himself in treason and also General Buhari for endorsing such a statement issued on behalf of him.

“The statement by the Director General of the Buhari Campaign Organization, Rotimi Amaechi, asking some soldiers in the Nigerian Army to mutiny against the military authorities is a treasonable pronouncement.

“No responsible Nigerian or political organization for that matter should ever contemplate encouraging or supporting mutiny in the Nigerian Army under any circumstances whatsoever.

“It is a pity that because of Amaechi’s huge financial commitment to the General Buhari campaign, the presidential candidate of the
APC has compromised his personal integrity and enviable military antecedents to endorse
such reckless statement issued on his behalf."

What politics will cause!Seriously,PDP and APC have been in war with words recently,probably due to the upcoming 2015 elections.

Source: http:///9Aq
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by Eziachi: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2014
Dear Mr Okupe. I think that an average person knows what treason or mutiny means and also understood when they are encouraged or committed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by san316(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2014
BashTaard Okupe, it seems what amaechi said about your education is right. What is treason and how does what amaechi said amount to treason? You keep accusing people of things and you can't take them to court for. prosecution.

I pray GMB wins next year, your mouth will be chopped off.

BTW, why is Reuben Abati so quiet these days?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by femicyrus(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2014
san316:

BTW, why is Reuben Abati so quiet these days?
Change of tactics sidelined him. But even the emergence of Okupe had not fair any better for GEJ. Don't be surprised if he also step down for fani koyede
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by san316(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2014
femicyrus:

Change of tactics sidelined him. But even the emergence of Okupe had not fair any better for GEJ. Don't be surprised if he also step down for fani koyede
. but Abati (apart from losing his conscience) seems to be more knowledgeable and seasoned than Okupe. Okupe speaks like a real motor park tout.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by Haywhymido(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2014
Okupe - Jonathan's dog
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2014
The statement by Amaechi is reckless and I distance General Muhammadu Buhari from it. Nobody must encourage such inciteful statement that encourages mutiny. Amaechi and politicians must not drag the military into partisanship. I believe the Governore will recant his statement, but if he doesn't, it is unfortunate. God bless Buhari and APC

Sai Buhari
Sai Baba
Merry Christmas

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by PassingShot(m): 11:37am On Dec 25, 2014
Let the presidency shut up. They don't have monopoly of unguided statements!

Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by SeverusSnape(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2014
barcanista:
The statement by Amaechi is reckless and I distance General Muhammadu Buhari from it. Nobody must encourage such inciteful statement that encourages mutiny. Amaechi and politicians must not drag the military into partisanship. I believe the Governore will recant his statement, but if he doesn't, it is unfortunate. God bless Buhari and APC

Sai Buhari
Sai Baba
Merry Christmas
Barcanista, You are a sensible APC supporter, Not all those that agree with that statement made by Amaechi,They need to learn how to criticize constructively, Please educate them.
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by SeverusSnape(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

Bunch of hypocrites!
Can't you learn from Barcanista?
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by PassingShot(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Can't you learn from Barcanista?

You must surely have seen where I endorsed barcanista's condemnation of Amaechi. If you search well you will also see that I have condemned the statement even though it's not as weighty as PDP will want us believe.

However the fact is that PDP is responsible for many unguided utterances without any of you Jonathanians here advising The Clueless One to dissociate himself from those statements. That is HYPOCRISY of the highest order.
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by SeverusSnape(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

You must surely have seen where I endorsed barcanista's condemnation of Amaechi. If you search well you will also see that I have condemned the statement even though it's not as weighty as PDP will want us believe.

However the fact is that PDP is responsible for many unguided utterances without any of you Jonathanians here advising The Clueless One to dissociate himself from those statements. That is HYPOCRISY of the highest order.
For your information Mr. passingshot, I'm no "jonathanian" nor Buharist, Go through my posts and see for your self.
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by dachpee(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
barcanista:

Sai Buhari
Sai Baba Ameachi is frustrated by not getting the VP slot, that's why he is quite now
Merry Christmas
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by oziegbe2015: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
Did i just hear okupe that never tells truth admitting ameachi has INTEGRITY.(but thinks its compromised) any word that comes frm this man is a diaster to gej, sometimes i wonder if he himself is not helping to bring gej to ruin and JAIL
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by oziegbe2015: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
Its funny how the same buhari that was critized ends up beign the one that is backing the human rights of others. If the soldiers ives were threatned, dont they have the right to self defence. Have the govt ever really given them the right to fair hearing or judgement. These soldiers were rendered dead from day 1. People like Buhari, femi falana are simply telling the federal govt no, dont conclude like that
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by IDEApro(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Amaechi will definitely destroy APC.
Re: Presidency Accuses Gov. Amaechi,Gen. Buhari And APC Of Treason by HzRF(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

Bunch of hypocrites!
NA Gudluck wey give u freedom... Just hope ur luck don't run out itz then amaechi will the wrath of a gentle and tolerance man isn't a joke

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Enjoying Transformation By GEJ / Buhari Will Never Rule Nigeria Again / RCCG Still Love GEJ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.