Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,343 members, 7,957,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp (790 Views)

Senator Dumps Jonathan, Declares Support For Buhari / Cross Rivers State Senator Dumps PDP / Another Senator Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp by oziegbe2015: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
The senator representing Cross River South Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Prince Bassey Otu, has resigned his membership from the Peoples Democratic Party.
This follows the outcome of the recent senatorial primary in which Otu lost the PDP election to chairman of the State Water Board Corporation, Mr Gershom Bassey.
Protests had trailed the conduct of the exercise which was described as free and fair by the state PDP.
Addressing his supporters at the Margaret Ekpo Airport in Calabar, Otu said he resigned because he could not identify with a party which does not have the interest of the people at heart.
He said he was displeased with the way the party had conducted itself.
The crowd which received him at the airport seemed enthusiastic about his decision with cheers of “Sweet Prince” as he is fondly called by his teeming supporters
Although he did not say which party he would be heading to, it is strongly believed he has already joined the Labour Party in the state.
“I want to thank you for the support and prayers I have been enjoying from you. Today you sent me to represent you. My representation in the Senate has been totally about the people and not myself.
“I am totally displeased with the way the PDP has conducted itself. My objective here is to consult with all of you and in no distant time, we would come out with a decision.
“As you can see, I am ready to serve further. I don’t think that anybody should rob Cross River South of a ranking senator. I have done one term and I think our people should enjoy more dividends in a second term.
“As of now, I have resigned from the PDP. Any party that is not ready to serve the people, it would be difficult for me to identify with that party. After due consultations, we would come out with a party that would serve our people. For now I will leave you with an adage which says, ‘Let poor man follow chop,'” he said to his supporters.
Also believed to have left the PDP for the LP are governorship aspirant, Goddy Jedy-Agba, among other top PDP members in the state.http://www.punchng.com/news/cross-river-senator-resigns-from-pdp/
Re: Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp by sademola: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
If he had won, a new song would've filled his mouth!

Nigerian politRICians!!!!
Re: Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp by Eziachi: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Don't worry, he will return back after the election. Labour party is PDP's backup party for those who lost primary election since time of Adam and Eve.
Re: Cross River Senator Dumps Pdp by braine(m): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
Good.

(1) (Reply)

Wikileaks Revelations About Jonathan’s Incompetence / Destruction Of Dr Alex Otti's Campaign Billboards In Abia State / Jimi Agbaje (JK)- What's The K For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.