Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. (711 Views)

13 Categories Of People You Will Meet At Football Betshops / 10 Kinds Of People You Meet In A Betting Shop / Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by lanrexlan(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Watching football at viewing centres can really be fun.Sometimes, you get bored when you watch football matches at home especially The Barclays Premier League(EPL or BPL) or The UEFA Champions League.

Shouting goal by yourself all alone or with your siblings can't be fun as watching outside in a viewing centre and when I talk about viewing centres, I am not talking about viewing centres where you will have to pay #300 for a single match and they will give you a bottle of fayrouz as refreshment that's a relaxation centre and not a viewing centre.
I am talking about the viewing centres where you pay maybe #70 and above for a single match and #100 for a double or 'star match.(May be lesser in other places)

Watching football matches in these type of viewing centres, you are likely to find the following set of people.

1)The Serial Gamblers: These people can bet/gamble on anything.Just name it, first corner, first yellow card, first throwing, first to score, half time score etc.Gambling is just in their blood.

2)The Clueless: As the name implies, this kind of person doesn't even know what's going on, his mission is just to shout 'a goal'.An acclaimed Manchester United fan telling me Darren Fletcher is playing the full left back.You will be like does these people know what's going self? As him, which team is your team playing? He doesn't even know, he just came to watch nooni.

3) The Virtual Coaches: Ehn Ehn, almost every Nigerian is a 'coach' in his own class.You will hear words like ''Arsene Wenger supposed not to start so and so'' or ''substitute so and so, he is playing rubbish if I were to be the coach, I will not play so and so''.'The coach supposed to use this formation and not that formation'
My brother abeg go take coaching job na, start with those kids in your area cheesy cheesy.

4)The Die Hard/Emotional Fans: These people took football so personal that they are very emotional about and could fight you because of their club.This was a dialogue between a die-hard barcelona fan and an opposing fan during a Champions League Match.

Match started, Lionel Messi wasn't playing at the pace he usually plays.

Opposing Fan: Ha, aye Messi ti baje.Ewo radarada ti o n play(Ha, Messi's life don spoil o, see the rubbish wey he dey play)

Barcelona fan: Eni ti o ba ni aye Messi baje, aye ti ni yio baje(Whosoever says Messi's life don spoil, na him go spoil)

Opposing Fan: Haha, bros eyin le n je messi ni? Kini tiyin? (Haha, bros na you dey bear messi ni? Wetin be your own?)

Barcelona Fan: Omo mi lo n play, ma sepe fun(Na my boy dey play, make una no curse am)

Opposing Fan: E da Omo yin mo, Omo yin wa nile to n je eba lowo(You no know your boy, your child dey home wey dey chop eba).

Lol, these people took football so personal that some even slap others or sometimes beat themselves because he abuses his team.
A die-hard fan curses a lot.They are mostly Chelsea fans(Apologies to the gentle Chelsea fans).

5)The Chanters: It's good to be in this group only if you came to mock other teams playing.When a team you don't want to win is losing already, you begin to hear different songs.
When Jose Mourinho's unbeaten home matches was ended by Liverpool then with Xabi Alonso's thunderous strike, na so people start to sing o.
You will hear songs like ''Stamford Bridge is falling down, falling down, Stamford Bridge is falling down, falling down''.
By that time, Chelsea fans have began to leave.People changed the song to ''Them don dey leave, one by one.Them don dey leave two by two''. People pulled them back, and say 'come watch your money finish na'.
Chelsea fans wanna cry that day o.

6)The Argument Warriors: These ones argued a lot on football matters and sometimes making unsimilar comparison like'Is Fabregas is better than Rooney ?.Arguing on the salaries of players, etc Mtcheew
Some of them even claim Seniority when a younger person begins to defeat them in an argument, 'I am older than you, so I know better'.Fallacy.

7)The Impatient Ones: Don't sit with this type of people when watching a match because you may end up losing a tooth grin .They will keep vibrating on the seat whenever their team missed a glorious chance and will block your view just to celebrate a goal.They go as far as beating the benches or punching ceilings, to the extent that a place where I watch matches at home, the man doesn't use asbestos again because people have broken it all, he now uses nylon or Indomie carton that's cheaper to replace I guess.

8 )The Cool Guy: This guy will just sit and won't talk to strangers, he only discuss with people he came with.You will see him with a bottle coke and biscuits and he only claps/raises up his hands when his team scores a goal.

9)The Intelligent Old Man: Kids are away abroad studying, he has a DSTV fully subscribed in his house, but he still finds it boring watching alone so he decided to come to the viewing centre.He knows almost everything about football, he will tell you history you don't even know about players.

10)The Referees: These people will always complain when the referee makes a decision.'That's an offside, the goal shouldn't count' or 'it's not a goal' 'That' as red card' blah blah.My brother, next time you are coming to the viewing centre, come with your own whistle and cards so that if you aren't satisfy with the decision you can change it.
Or if a goal has been counted/display on the score-board, come with eraser and change the scoreline grin.

Add yours.
Compiled by: lanrexlan grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by Rilwayne001: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
11) Rascals: This people are usually chelsea supporters, they are easy to notify in a viewing cwnter, you will always see them in their dirty blue jersey..you don't want to sit beside them cus the odour that always come out of their mouth is lipsrsealed.

Dayummmn i hate chelsea. .. they are always too arrogant just like their stupid coach undecided

grin grin
I don't even know where I belong...Okay I think i belong to the Cool guy …I only laff whenver the clueless guy talks ignorantly beside me. Can you imagine a guy telling me Arsene wenger was drinking "ogogoro" grin grin just because his water bottle has no label... Lolz.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by omat20(m): 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
@op you have just wowed me. I am sending you 100naira MTN card to ur email through PM
Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by khattab02: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
omat20:
@op you have just wowed me. I am sending you 100naira MTN card to ur email through PM
bros omat how far?

U don send my recharge card for chelsea vs hull city match?
Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by khattab02: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:
11) Rascals: This people are usually chelsea supporters, they are easy to notify in a viewing cwnter, you will always see them in their dirty blue jersey..you don't want to sit beside them cus the odour that always come out of their mouth is lipsrsealed.

Dayummmn i hate chelsea. .. they are always too arrogant just like their stupid coach undecided

grin grin
I don't even know where I belong...Okay I think i belong to the Cool guy …I only laff whenver the clueless guy talks ignorantly beside me. Can you imagine a guy telling me Arsene wenger was drinking "ogogoro" grin grin just because his water bottle has no label... Lolz.

hahaha.....

Abeg no let stomach pain this nite. Lol
Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by lanrexlan(m): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

Why do almost everyone hates Chelsea fans? Maybe because they are too boastful.
Lol, Rilwayne001 the coolest dude cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of People You Will Find In A Viewing Centre. by lanrexlan(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
omat20:
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Van Gaal In Anyway Better Than David Moyes?? / Australia Thrashes New Zealand To Win Cricket World Cup / Super Falcon Star, Asisat Oshoala Shortlisted For BBC Women’s Footballer Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.