Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs (780 Views)

Toast Of Buhari, Jacob Zuma & Osinbajo / Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Jacob Zuma To Attend Inauguration Of Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by cuteboy2: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2014
President Jacob Zuma has hinted he may be ready to take a fifth wife to accompany him through old age.

inShare.0 NUMBER 1 POLYGAMIST: President Jacob Zuma with wives Nompumelelo Ntuli, Thobeka Madiba and Sizakele Khumalo. Picture: Esa Alexander

During a visit to a Durban township Tuesday in KwaZulu-Natal, the 72-year-old said in Zulu "Angakayakhi indlu yokugugela... laba ngisabathathile nje" (I do have wives but I'm yet to marry my last one).

The crowd, most of them elderly, laughed and cheered, The Star newspaper reported.

Zuma, who on Sunday said he was in "perfect condition" after a stay in hospital in June, had earlier given a speech about the need to respect and tend for older people.

Sihawu Ngubane, a professor at KwaZulu-Natal University, was quoted by the newspaper as saying it was fairly standard among Zulu people for a man who practises polygamy to take a last wife for his last years, sometimes the younger sister of one of his wives.

"They call the last wife 'indlu yokugugela' (the home in which I will age in) because the responsibility of looking after the husband in their old age predominantly lies with the junior wife, who is often younger than the other wives and more agile in case there is an emergency," he said.

Zuma, who has around 20 children, has married six times but currently has four wives on the state's budget, despite criticism from some tax-payers

Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by IamDejman(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2014
In the footstep of Nelson Mandela
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by tpia0003: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2014
wife #4 will not like that.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by cuteboy2: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2014
tpia0003:
wife #4 will not like that.

For where? Dem go like am gan ni.
The wives are all on state budget.

Just makes me wonder why African women are so cool about this polygamy stuff. It definitely cannot be for love.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by tpia0003: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2014
cuteboy2:

true @ budget things, but there's one of them ( i think the 4th one, not sure), who likes grabbing his attention.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by Raiders: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2014
cuteboy2:

Just makes me wonder why African women are so cool about this polygamy stuff. It definitely cannot be for love.
polygamy is part of our African culture. There are some polygamy marriage that work out well while others don't just like a monogamy marriage
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by cuteboy2: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2014
IamDejman:
In the footstep of Nelson Mandela

Don't really think so. Mandela divorced Winnie due to her infidelity. He never had more than 1 wife under his roof.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by cuteboy2: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:
polygamy is part of our African culture. There are some polygamy marriage that work out well while others don't just like a monogamy marriage

My real question is if Zuma wants 1000 wives tomorrow morning, 5000 potential brides will form a queue outside his door. But if a Vulcanizer wants 3 wives during same period of time, he will not readily find enough willing brides.

So are women really going into polygamy out of love for this one man, or material gains and comfort is the main lure?

1 Like

Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by Caseless: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2014
This guy na man.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by tpia0003: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2014
cuteboy2:

My real question is if Zuma wants 1000 wives tomorrow morning, 50,000 potential brides will form a queue outside his door.

corrected.

But if a Vulcanizer wants 3 wives during same period of time, he will not readily find enough willing brides.

he probably will.
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by Raiders: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2014
cuteboy2:

My real question is if Zuma wants 1000 wives tomorrow morning, 5000 potential brides will form a queue outside his door. But if a Vulcanizer wants 3 wives during same period of time, he will not readily find enough willing brides.

So are women really going into polygamy out of love for this one man, or material gains and comfort is the main lure?
my bro, love only exist in Hollywood and nollywood movies. Women love money and no modern Nigeria woman would marry a poor man. If you have the money, there is nothing wrong in marrying many wives as long as you can take care of them
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by oziegbe2015: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2014
B
Re: President Jacob Zuma To Take 5th Wife @ 72yrs by cuteboy2: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2014
I also have a concern I'm sure many can identify with. At 72yrs can a man fulfill the sexual desires of 5 women, some of them far younger than him with tons of energy.

For some people keeping up with one is enough work. I fear

(1) (Reply)

Rev Mbaka:is GEJ Holding #chibokgirls??? Those Fighting Your Husband Will Fail. / Breaking News: 12 Killed In ‘terror Attack’ At Paris Magazine Office / Boko Haram Backs Buhari For Prescidency-shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.