Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After (22460 Views)

Violence During/after Etoile Vs Enyimba Game. Story By Enyimba's Media Officer / Enyimba F.C Of Aba Rewarded With N30m For Winning The Nigerian League (pictured) / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
olukenzo:

Bro, Kano Pillars is a great team too, they command a cult followership in Kano. I was at KEDC some months ago and the lift operator wore a full Kano Pillars apparel. I was really impressed.

Having said that, Enyimba has two CAF champions league trophies in its cabinet to Kano pillars' none. Continental success thumps naija league wins all day, everyday. It is not beans o.

Yea, at least no other Nigerian Team has achieved the feet of either side. THE TREBLE OR DOUBLE IS SHARED BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS. When it comes to fans Pillars are like dortmund. =Facty

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
dominique:

Na small pikin you be naa grin
Chai. Levels dey sha grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by okotv(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
taiocol:

Warrior Wolves baby, no offense
then you are saying things based on sentiments.
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
Xcex:
The league was bera off then dan nw wen kano pilars win all home game n can't even qualify 2 d gruop stage of CAF champ league. #ENYIMBA OF ABA 4 LIFE.
stop spitting gibberish joor, am sure you've have not watched Enyimba play before. Seems you've not watch Pillars play at home, the fans are so Good that the opposition don't know how to handle the ball again
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
okotv:
then you are saying things based on sentiments.
Not sentiment joor
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by okotv(m): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
taiocol:

Not sentiment joor
is warriors wolves better than Enyimba ?
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
Xcex:
...dan nw wen kano pilars win all home game...

you haven't been to a Pillars home game, have you?
When most teams play home games in nearly empty stadia, especially teams in the south south, you expect them to visit Kano and do well? In the midst of those yellow wearing vociferous Kano fans?
If ur players no get mind dem go fear to score goal even thou keeper no de post grin
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nmeri17: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
cc Ajibel cheesy enyimbas P.R.O
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by pek(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
whoever wrote this article needs to be flogged! a lot of inconsistencies.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
okotv:
is warriors wolves better than Enyimba ?

For the last two seasons?

Yes
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
00kris88:

you haven't been to a Pillars home game, have you?
When most teams play home games in nearly empty stadia, especially teams in the south south, you expect them to visit Kano and do well? In the midst of those yellow wearing vociferous Kano fans?
If ur players no get mind dem go fear to score goal even thou keeper no de post grin

Just like playing against this fans

1 Share

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by omajali2003(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
olukenzo:
Gosh. I loved Enyimba then. They helped avenge the loss of 3SC, Eagle Cement and Julius Berger F.C on the continent. Asec Mimosa of Ivory Coast, Raja Casablanca of Morocco, Al-Ahly of Egypt, Accra Hearts of Oaks of Ghana, Ismaila of Egypt and Etoile du Sahel of Tunisia were the other prominent African clubs of that era.

The days of Vincent Enyama, Obinna Nwaneri, Ajibade Omolade, David Tyavkase, Michael Ochei, Muri Ogunbiyi, Seyi Ogunsanya, Joe Frimpong, Onyenkachi Okoronkwo etc

If for nothing else, God bless Orji Uzor Kalu for Enyimba.

Chai. Uzobu Eyimba eyim!

I remember that golden generation with nostalgia.
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by robosky02(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
the enyimba team then

Goalkeeper
Dele Aiyenugba Nigeria 20/11/1983
Vincent Enyeama Nigeria 29/08/1982
Sam Okoye Nigeria 05/01/1980

Defender

Odey Ogar Nigeria 01/10/1982
Ugah Opara Nigeria 28/08/1982

Midfielder

David Abwo Nigeria 10/05/1986
Jonas Oketola Benin 27/08/1983
Onyekachi Okonkwo Nigeria 13/05/1982

Forward

Emeka Akueme Tunisia 17/10/1984
Kwabena Frimpong Ghana 17/04/1982
Victor Obinna Nigeria 25/03/1987
Muri Ogounbiyi Benin 10/10/1982
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by robosky02(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
the players from Benin republic made up the key men for thier country who went on to play the 2004 nations cup

with some nigerians playing for them eg muri ogunbiyi

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by PrinxPeera(m): 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Then politics had not entered Nigeria football.
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Ezemust: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:
Enyama always making history everywhere he goes. Never knew he played for Enyimba.
If only every other player can perform like Enyama, the sky will be the limit for the super eagles. Very talented goalkeeper.
do u really write music?can we meet?
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ezemust:
do u really write music?can we meet?

Yes, started as a hobby, but I've taken it professionally these days. Already started, my songs are all over here on Nairaland and on iTunes.

Listen to ''Na Dem Dem'' on youtube.

Enjoy your electricity and good roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w
Find on iTunes.
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Ezemust: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:

Yes, started as a hobby, but I've taken it professionally these days. Already started, my songs are all over here on Nairaland and on iTunes.

Listen to ''Na Dem Dem'' on youtube.

Enjoy your electricity and good roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w
Find on iTunes.
it's good that u have done something substantiative.am into music bt i'be better with collaboration.can we talk?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by 100Cents: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
robosky02:

the enyimbas class of 2003 and 2004 remain one of the brightest spot in nigerias football history

today the likes of enyeama is still hugging the headlines just waiting for CAF Award to crown his effort

That was the effort of their sponsor and action governor Orji Uzor Kalu..

A man who knew how to make things work..
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by todayguest(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Long Live: Enyimba F.C. Long Live: The Peoples Elephant. Long Live: Vincent lyama--the peoples Goalkeeper. #respect#love.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Spydamannn(m): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nsogbu nsogbu enyinma enyi...the glory days of the elephants of aba

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 27, 2014
dominique:

Na small pikin you be naa grin

I was even much younger, JSS3/SS1 grin But forget it, those guys were like fam to me.

The North Africans were fond of feigning injuries towards the end to run down the clock. Mehn

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by dominique(f): 2:35am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

I was even much younger, JSS3/SS1 grin But forget it, those guys were like fam to me.

The North Africans were fond of feigning injuries towards the end to run down the clock. Mehn

Now you goys are making me feel old embarassed

True sha, the Esperance was yellow carded cos of time wasting. they were also pretty hot tempered.
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 27, 2014
dominique:

Now you goys are making me feel old embarassed

True sha, the Esperance was yellow carded cos of time wasting. they were also pretty hot tempered.

C'mon. Forever young? Sweet sixteen? wink

Ah, you'll tackle their feet, they'd jump up and hit themselves on the turf clasping their faces and rolling from here to Abakaliki! Drama queens.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nimen(m): 5:27am On Dec 27, 2014
Was in JS1/JS2 then, watched all enyimba's home games, but now the shii don tire me.

Lol since the treble how many Nigerian Internationals has Kano Pillars produced in their treble season? Abeg na question i dey ask ni oo

1 Like

Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Nimen:
Was in JS1/JS2 then, watched all enyimba's home games, but now the shii don tire me.

Lol since the treble how many Nigerian Internationals has Kano Pillars produced in their treble season? Abeg na question i dey ask ni oo

More than Enyimba have produced
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by Nimen(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2014
taiocol:

More than Enyimba have produced
for the past three years how many did they produce? In 2003/2004 how many did Enyimba produce?
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by taiocol: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Nimen:

for the past three years how many did they produce? In 2003/2004 how many did Enyimba produce?
name five of enyimba since 2004 and I give you ten of pillars since 2010

honeric01
Re: FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After by ewosk: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

The days of Vincent Enyama, Obinna Nwaneri, Ajibade Omolade, David Tyavkase, Michael Ochei, Muri Ogunbiyi, Seyi Ogunsanya, Joe Frimpong, Onyenkachi Okoronkwo etc

If for nothing else, God bless Orji Uzor Kalu for Enyimba.

Chai. Uzobu Eyimba eyim!
Not Forgettin Romanus Ojinta....Enyimba play well during that era

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up / Chris Giwa Storms NFF Headquarters With Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.