Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

A Christmas Request To General Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Christmas Request To General Muhammadu Buhari (549 Views)

Wike And Wife Host Children To A Christmas Party (Photos) / Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Christmas Request To General Muhammadu Buhari by SortCode(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Izu Aniagu wrote

A CHRISTMAS REQUEST TO GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI

Your Excellency,

I feel very happy writing you at this very moment of the season, not particulary because we are celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ as christians nor because you have shown yourself a model by joining us to celebrate as well; nay. I write as one out of millions of Nigerian christians who though celebrate the season with great joy and happiness yet await a greater joy that will soon come when you finally become the President of Nigeria.

Since you have already stated time without numbers that you are not unaware of the unrelenting supports and campaigns with which many of us have encouraged your ambitions and following which you have equally encouraged us to make those wishes we hope to see in our nation, I hereby express my gratitude Your Excellency, because it is for this rare privilege that I feel honoured to write.

As the incoming President of Nigeria it is not going to be my wish that you should be overburdened with plenty works on your resumption of duty but rather to have a handful of jobs with which you should be able to make a good start off. The kind of job I have in mind for you is only but few indeed, except that it requires the simple processes of banning, destroying, sacking,
converting and re-establishing- all being the attributes you are never known to lack.

I am sorry that I am still quibbling a bit on the main issue I set out to write here. This is clearly because of it's delicate political tone and capacity to elicit a hue and cry from the very people I might think should benefit from it, for surely Your Excellency must have been acquainted by now with the existence of certain set of strange Nigerians.

Your Excellency, it's about the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA). It's all about that national retrograde that signifies everything catabolic about Nigeria as a nation. It's all about it and I humbly want to make my christmas wishes in that regards.

I hereby make my wish Your Excellency, that may it please you to ban, suspend or declare a state of emergency on that travesty called a national
television authority.

Furthermore Your Excellency, that it may also please you to do the followings:destroy the antiquated facilities currently used by that most improficient media outfit in modern century, relieve all the existing staff with adequate compensation, hand over all their buildings and structures to the National Orientation Agency (NOA) which will then be charged with the duty to re-orientate Nigerians from the effect of their bad press, and finally re-establish a brand new television network that will partner the private sector to usher a viable platform capable of challenging the likes of SilverBird, AIT, etc.

Your Excellency, I am sure you do not need to be told that you can do this for Nigerians and that your government is always believed to have the moral and political will that is needed to achieve this.

Your Excellency, time would not allow me to write everything here, but permit me to remind you that billions of Nigeria taxpayers' monies has been invested on NTA in the past with nothing to show in return. Although it is true that the story is practically the same with other key sectors where such huge amount of money has equally been expended without tangible results, I beg to disagree that a media agency like NTA should have a similar story.

Before I conclude, let me appreciate you for your patience in going through this letter. I also wish to let you know that the feelings I have expressed so far represents my personal view and not necessary the opinions of average Nigerians. Without much digressing Your Excellency, an average Nigerian still yearns for steady power and water supply, good road networks, railways, etc.

I will now end this long letter on a light note, by saying that I have made it long because I have not had the time to make it short. Yet, I have no iota of doubt that your swift response should afterall render my efforts needless.

Sincerely,
========
Izu Aniagu
Citizen, FRN
Re: A Christmas Request To General Muhammadu Buhari by temitemi1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
CLAPTRAP!!!
SortCode:
Izu Aniagu wrote

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Attracts $1.65B Investment,as Stella Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / APC Leaders Embrace FAYOSEISM / Liberia Opens New Ebola Cemetery, Is This A Right Step?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.