Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m (1489 Views)

PDP Crisis: S/south Gov To Replace Muazu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2006
AN in-law of one of the South-South State governors, arrested last week by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was found attempting to carry $1.5 million out of the country. The arrest was effected last Thursday as the governor’s in-law was said to be attempting to travel out of the country through the Mutala Mohammed International Airport.

The name of the governor’s in-law was given as Nancy.
She is said to be the sister to the wife of the governor.
This confirms Vanguard’s story of last Friday entitled, Governor’s in-law arrested.
Still recovering from a tragedy which struck the government via the loss of a cabinet member through an auto crash, with the wife being at the centre of the furore, information available to Vanguard suggests that the governor’s in-law was initially released.

It was gathered that it took a perturbed senior official of the EFCC to effect the re-arrest of the governor’s in-law.
Vanguard was informed that the official reported to Nuhu Ribadu, the Commission’s chairman, that a lady found in possession of $1.5million was arrested at the airport while leaving the country and had been released.

Ribadu, information available pointed out, was miffed upon hearing of the incident.
The EFCC Chairman was said to have immediately ordered a re-arrest of the lady.
Already, President Olusegun Obasanjo, who rounded off his state visit to Akwa Ibom State yesterday with a church service, is said to be aware.
According to sources in the presidency, President Obasanjo is said to have maintained that his confidence in the ability of Ribadu to do a thorough job, no matter whose ox is gored remains unshaken.

His confidence in Ribadu, a presidential aide disclosed to Vanguard, derives from the fact that “the EFCC chairman had in the past taken up cases which were far bigger in scope and more complex in nature than the emerging foreign exchange scandal involving a governor’s in-law.
The embattled state governor, is who is serving the remainder of his predecessor’s tenure, was said to have immediately swung into action with a view to dousing the fire of the unfolding scandal.

One of the moves by the state governor, it has also been learnt, is to ensure that information relating to the incident is not leaked to the media.
Still fighting a battle to win the hearts and souls of masses in his state preparatory to the 2007 elections, the state governor is said not to be relenting.
Source Vanguard newspaper
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the governor is goodluck jonathan of bayelsa state he just started and has already started embezzling money he won't learn a lesson from what happened to alams.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by ono(m): 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2006
This is an [b]Alam[/b]ing! situation!!
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Odeku(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2006
I don't blv this story there is no way you can carry that huge amount of money in one lugage. even if the highest denomination is $100. where is the source and picture of the arrest?
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by LoverBwoy(m): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2006
chai people can be so greedy to the extent of carrying CASH INTO ANOTHER COUNTRY, i wish she had actually travelled, then she will be arrested by the foreign police and this time no one will say EFCC is being selective! ole thief grin
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by LoverBwoy(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2006
ono:

This is an Alam[/b]ing! situation!!

grin "[b]Alaming"
indeed grin
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Odeku(m): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2006
Maybe she is a legitimate business woman like ATIKU, lol kiss
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by otokx(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2006
Lets wait for her own side of the story.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by GNature(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2006
@seges

Could you please tell us the source of this story? I am not
calling you a liar, but the accusation would sound more
legitimate if you tell us where you got it from.

Nawaa oo !! $1.5 million in cash in a luggage !!

Our brothers from the South South have been pleading
for resource control, but look at what some of their
governors are doing with the "little" money they are getting.

The funniest thing is, the state house of assembly would not hold
these governors accountable. Heaven help us ooo
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2006
I got to info from vanguard newspaper from their website if you had read what i wrote well you will have known i got it from vanguard i hope that answers your enquiry.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Odeku(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2006
are you for real, the assembly are getting kick backs and that is all they are worried about, no one cares about the ordinary people. My theory is put all this lay makers against barrel and fire them, then Nigeria will be at peace
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by gbeborun(m): 5:13am On Aug 23, 2006
Seges, if the story is true then i think it's BADLUCK for Bayelsans after enduring an ALAMing governor. I aint surprised, what do you expect from him. He seriously needs money for next year's election.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by hola2ng(m): 8:29am On Aug 23, 2006
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Chxta(m): 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2006
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by LoverBwoy(m): 12:39am On Sep 07, 2006
na wa o
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by imageman(m): 1:18am On Sep 14, 2006
Well,let's see,may be she was trying to buy a ticket to the moon.Huuunnn ,may be she was even trying to buy a ticket to the international space station!She might even be international business woman fronting for mighty politician(s).Let's wait and see what the story will ultimately be.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 14, 2006
Later, the MEND people will be kidnapping innocent civillians instead of holding their Governments repsonsible for looting their treasures. Those militants in the South South are fighting the wrong fight, hold your Governments responsible and not innocent oil workers.
Re: Efcc Nabs S-south Gov's In-law With $1.5m by ChineduEZ: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2010
Tastes like pussay

(1) (Reply)

Operation Destroy Tompolo / 97 Escape Death As Dana Plane Engine Catches Fire / Has Technology Complicated Or Simplified Our Lives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.