Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (3393 Views)

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / How Much Is Salary Of Graduate New Entrant At NPA / Ways To Manage Low Salary Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by livingstone2013: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
Re: . by lafex: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Its a modern day slavery cos ur time and income are controlled by ur boss.
An example is that u must follow the company's principle. If u r told to go for break at 4pm, u can't go by 2, bt as an enterpreneur u have the ability to improve ur income and manage ur time as u like.
Another example is that if u are to travel for an assignment on improptle notice u can't refuse or else....
This is just telling u that u are authomatic slave.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
lafex:
An example is that u must follow the company's principle. If u r told to go for break at 4pm, u can't go by 2, bt as an enterpreneur u have the ability to improve ur income and manage ur time as u like.
Another example is that if u are to travel for an assignment on improptle notice u can't refuse or else....
I get mad when I read posts like this . how do you mean slavery , what is slavery really . entrepreneurship is overated . majority of jobseekers/business owners need discipline. if you cant follow principles , how can you run your own business. you can manage your time as an employee. people work for different reasons , it may be to futher boost their knowledge in that field , gain more skills e.g people , time and money manaement skills. Even as a business man , you may have to travel improptu to seal a business deal which you may not be able to refuse . stop talking like every entrpreneur is like dangote , there are entrepreneurs you can regard as employees because of the kind of business they run .
OP , any motivational speaker that tells you being an employee is slavery cannot run a business . those guys are just making money from you by organising seminars . do you check on their businesses before you attend their seminars. elemelu and likes wont tell you being an employee is being a slave because they are directly referring to their employees as slaves. some of these speakers call employees whose salary is thrice the money they make from seminars monthly slaves , they dont even have the trainings and satisfaction some of these employees have got . so who is the slave? we have been seeing these guys from inside molue to the ones brought to speak at nysc camps. I remeber how one man with a faded "coat" lectured us in the camp how a graduate bought a car from frying beans cake in kebbi . I was forced to ask him why he isnt frying the beans cake too ..... so funny.please acquire the right skill before you start any business plus pls do what will make you happy . if a job will do it , if a business will do it ..... and not because you think you will be some slave.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by singlefade25(f): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
majekdom2:
I get mad when I read posts like this . how do you mean slavery , what is slavery really . entrepreneurship is overated . majority of jobseekers/business owners need discipline. if you cant follow principles , how can you run your own business. you can manage your time as an employee. people work for different reasons , it may be to futher boost their knowledge in that field , gain more skills e.g people , time and money manaement skills. Even as a business man , you may have to travel improptu to seal a business deal which you may not be able top refuse . stop talking like every entrpreneur is like dangote , there are entrepreneurs you can regard as employees because of the kind of business they run .
OP , any motivational speaker that tells you being an employee is slavery cannot run a business . those guys are justy making money from you by organising seminars . do you check on their businesses before you attend their seminars. elemelu and likes wont tell you being an employee is being a slave because they are directly referring to their employees as slaves. some of these speakers call employees whose salary is thrice the money they make from seminars monthly slaves , they dont even have the trainings and satisfaction some of these employees have got . so who is the slave? we have been seeing these guys from inside molue to the ones brought to speak at nysc camps. I remebered how onne man with a faded "coat" lectured us in the camp how a graduate bought a car by frying beans cake in kebbi . I was forced to ask him why he isnt frying the beans cake too ..... so funny.please acquire the right skill before you start any business plus pls do what will make you happy . if a job will do it , if a business will do it ..... and not because you think you will be some slave.
God bless your wisdom.
Re: . by lafex: 4:06am On Dec 27, 2014
@majekdom, ppl confuse self employment with business. Self employment is a situation in which u are involved in the business actively by doing the job while pure business simply means money making money(mmm). Pure business is also called personal business. In this kind of business u are only involved in decision making by releasing ur money and setting the principle for those that will do the job.
In a school environment for instance, a proprietor who is also the principal is self employed while a propietor who is only involved in decision making is a business man.
Since u have the supreme ability to make final administrave decision in either of the two u r a master. But if u are not able to make a decision on ur time and money while doing the job then u are a slave.
Employees don't get rich cos they cannot increase their income unless their boss increase it. While true enterpreneur's target increasing income and expanding business in every minute. This makes enterpreneurs get rich when opportunity comes.
I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: . by lafex: 4:32am On Dec 27, 2014
On the issue of the graduate selling beans cake buying a car. This is highly possible and I will give u an example.
I was in Oshodi one day and then went to snap a wait and get passport at post office at N250 for 12 copies. After the man was true with me I decied to sit for about 30minutes while waiting for a friend of mine.
While I am sitting down the man snap the same passport for about 8 people in 30 minutes.
Now, if someone tell u that this man is generating an income of over 500k in a month u will argue.
May be we should calculate it together. Assume this man is working for 9hrs a day and 6 days a week then he will be working for 216hrs amonth.
That is he is generating
250 x 8 x 2 an hour
Which is 4k an hour
Which is 216 x 4k a month
This is a man that his shop rent can't be more than 20k a month.
And he may decide to have a break at anytime.
This is just to say a few

1 Like

Re: . by ednut1(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
wetin this one dey yarn. how many businesses survive 2 years?. does a slave get paid

2 Likes

Re: . by ednut1(m): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
On the issue of the graduate selling beans cake buying a car. This is highly possible and I will give u an example.
I was in Oshodi one day and then went to snap a wait and get passport at post office at N250 for 12 copies. After the man was true with me I decied to sit for about 30minutes while waiting for a friend of mine.
While I am sitting down the man snap the same passport for about 8 people in 30 minutes.
Now, if someone tell u that this man is generating an income of over 500k in a month u will argue.
May be we should calculate it together. Assume this man is working for 9hrs a day and 6 days a week then he will be working for 216hrs amonth.
That is he is generating
250 x 8 x 2 an hour
Which is 4k an hour
turnover is not the same as profit. get it grin

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
@majekdom, ppl confuse self employment with business. Self employment is a situation in which u are involved in the business actively by doing the job while pure business simply means money making money(mmm). Pure business is also called personal business. In this kind of business u are only involved in decision making by releasing ur money and setting the principle for those that will do the job.
In a school environment for instance, a proprietor who is also the principal is self employed while a propietor who is only involved in decision making is a business man.
Since u have the supreme ability to make final administrave decision in either of the two u r a master. But if u are not able to make a decision on ur time and money while doing the job then u are a slave.
Employees don't get rich cos they cannot increase their income unless their boss increase it. While true enterpreneur's target increasing income and expanding business in every minute. This makes enterpreneurs get rich when opportunity comes.
I reserve my comment.
you dont have a point , whether self employed or businessman .... my post referred to both of them . my point is people work for different reasons i.e to save money , gain skills , garner more knowledge to run their business. what poo are you talking ? that you are a slave because you cant manage time and money . where did you read employees cant manage time and money . how about those who manage their salaries and channel it to their personal businesses. how do we reason these days . so it is entrpreneurs that get rich overnight , wake up man . have you worked in a structured environment before , do you know what is called target . as an employee you are required to meet targets and deadlines , successes in these may have you a certain percentage increase. pls read thru ur dictionary to understand the meaning of slavery.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
That is he is generating
250 x 8 x 2 an hour
Which is 4k an hour
yes , I never said one cant buy a car from fryng beans cake . My point was this speaker in a faded "coat" without a car was trying to lecture us on how we can while he isnt doing same ...doesnt he need to change his "coat " and buy a car . pls the photographer may just be lucky that day . the fact that he had 8 customers in your presence does not mean they come like that daily. if he sees money the way you just calculated , I think he should be international by now. your example is even flawed ,would a business that generate 6 million per annum still remain in a 20k rent shop . did you remove the cost of production . Mr income is different fro profit. stop living in fantasies. ask real entrepreneur , running a business is as tough as being an employee. yes there is nothing lke being your boss , but be sure you have got the skills to do it . A failed business is worst than a sack letter.

3 Likes

Re: . by Goovo(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Bless God for nairaland. Am learning from ur comments

1 Like

Re: . by Joy83(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Enough of all these jamboree abstract tutorial. A man from poor background going into business, won't he need tested and trusted skill plus money??.

Element of pride in the lives of those speakers sha, they don't want to serve a boss, yet they aspire to be a boss overnight so that people can serve them.

Abeg, anyhow they want it, I prefer to be slave to Chevron or other big company for now as a graduate of geology, than being my own boss.

2 Likes

Re: . by lafex: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2014
ednut1:

wetin this one dey yarn. how many businesses survive 2 years?. does a slave get paid

A good answer to ur queation ia that if a slave is not paid, does he not fed? Does he not given cloth? Does he not given home?
What employee is getting from his labour is very minute just like what a slave is getting from his labour.
Re: . by lafex: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2014
ednut1:
turnover is not the same as profit. get it grin
I know, that is why I made mention of his rent. I can tell u that the man's total cost of printing and shop rentage cannot be upto 100k.
If u have a calculator u can help me calculate his profit from the data I gave if its not over 500k which most graduate working in oil and gas firm are not earning in a month.
Re: . by ednut1(m): 9:04am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:

I know, that is why I made mention of his rent. I can tell u that the man's total cost of printing and shop rentage cannot be upto 100k.
If u have a calculator u can help me calculate his profit from the data I gave if its not over 500k which most graduate working in oil and gas firm are not earning in a month.
story for the gods. he prolly is making 50k a month. can he get exposure,training nd connections some1 in shell wud get or do u think if d guys is able to get an offer from shell he wont go. abegi
Re: . by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:

I work in an oil firm and graduates earn more than that in some companies . where do you get all these analysis from ? a photographer making 500k from instant passport photograph shots . are you in naija at all.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:

A good answer to ur queation ia that if a slave is not paid, does he not fed? Does he not given cloth? Does he not given home?
What employee is getting from his labour is very minute just like what a slave is getting from his labour.
how do you mean minute .... please give me the address of this photographer that maks 500k in a month. how many small to medium scale businesses can yield 500k as profit monthly pls. As a self employed professional , you can , this means you must have gained experience and neccessary skills in that profession . you definitely must have worked as an employee to gain those skills. who is decieving you man ? I ll advice you get a job if you are still a seeker to further enligthen you .This may be hard for you also with the kind of mentalty you got . May God help you.

2 Likes

Re: . by asalimpo(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2014
livingstone2013:
I have been attending some entrepreneurship seminars for some couple of days. What I discovered is that most motivational speakers tend to degrade salary job to slavery but encourage enterpreneurship as the best. But are there not salary earners that earn monthly salary far higher than some entrepreneur's total yearly profit? Then why is paid employment regarded a modern day slavery? Even if the job pays good salary.
these speakers put down one to make d other attractive.
A job cud lead to an illustrious career, besides ALL enterprenuers eventually need employees. Without employees no man wud earn huge from enterprenuership.
Even those enterprenuers who break away from salaried work were usually funded by their employers , thru salary. People shud begin learning gratitude and thankg God for His provision instead of pull this sick prideful card of salaried work=slavery.

1 Like

Re: . by lafex: 10:16am On Dec 27, 2014
majekdom2:
how do you mean minute .... please give me the address of this photographer that maks 500k in a month. how many small to medium scale businesses can yield 500k as profit monthly pls. As a self employed professional , you can , this means you must have gained experience and neccessary skills in that profession . you definitely must have worked as an employee to gain those skills. who is decieving you man ? I ll advice you get a job if you are still a seeker to further enligthen you .This may be hard for you also with the kind of mentalty you got . May God help you.
if u want to go for the same survey because I may be wrong, ask of post office when u get to Oshodi, Lagos. That is the only photographer there. U are free to go there on saturday ig u have time. Just use some minutes there and give me the result of ur survey.
I can give u more examples if u want.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
if u want to go for the same survey, ask of post office when u get to Oshodi, Lagos. That is the only photographer there. U are free to go there on saturday ig u have time. Just use some minutes there and give me the result of ur survey.
yes I will when am in lagos , and I need do no survey waiting to see the number of customers . all I will ask the man is his biz profile and audit report. if he got no audit report , I ll simply ask him how much he makes monthly. I can bet he makes not more than 50k.

1 Like

Re: . by asalimpo(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
wat you call slavery is nothing but structure. All successful teams need high degree of structure and a visionary/leader. The other team members must work to achieve d teams goals, without necessarily knowg the big picture. Is this slavery? In d military, navy,sports
how would they succeed if soldiers refused to obey orders because their superiors didnt lay down d big picture?
Wen a soldier is told to hold forte ,he does,against all odds.
Wen told to travel to a new station,he does, without knowg why? But his obedience determines the success of d mission.
I think civillians have to undergo compulsory military traing to appreciate some of d things they gripe about.

2 Likes

Re: . by lafex: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2014
majekdom2:
yes I will when am in lagos , and I need do no survey waiting to see the number of customers . all I will ask the man is his biz profile and audit report. if he got no audit report , I ll simply ask him how much he makes monthly. I can bet he makes not more than 50k.
u are just kidding me. The person that have a turnover of 2k in 30minutes will nw be earning 50k in a month.
Don't deceive urself, there are many guys that are nt doing salary work and earning much more than guys doing salary work. I have some guys that their mates that are working in big firms cannot withstand them.
Be guided.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2014
If you can follow,you can lead..

All those craving for entrepreneurship are just using the gimmick to deceive people..

Even entrepreneur is the one that is slavery to the business..

If you can manage yourself as a employee,you will definitely be a good boss.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2014
lafex:
u are just kidding me. The person that have a turnover of 2k in 30minutes will nw be earning 50k in a month.
Don't deceive urself, there are many guys that are nt doing salary work and earning much more than guys doing salary work. I have some guys that their mates that are working in big firms cannot withstand them.
Be guided.
Mr , salary work varies OK . not everyone earns 60K as salary and yes businesses could have profits of over 100k monthly , am not arguing that. did you ask this photographer if he makes 2k every thirty minutes . that day may have just been his lucky day . The guys who are salary earners definitely know what they are doing . I have told you , people work for various reasons from capital generation to skills enhancement , knowledge and also to network and make contacts required.stop talking down these class of people beause you are jobless and living in fantasy of a business generating millions for you. it is not a race , with God's grace and hardwork everyone will get to where they desire.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Lol did you serve in Akwa ibom? Especially with the faded coat guy... cheesy shocked
majekdom2:
I get mad when I read posts like this . how do you mean slavery , what is slavery really . entrepreneurship is overated . majority of jobseekers/business owners need discipline. if you cant follow principles , how can you run your own business. you can manage your time as an employee. people work for different reasons , it may be to futher boost their knowledge in that field , gain more skills e.g people , time and money manaement skills. Even as a business man , you may have to travel improptu to seal a business deal which you may not be able to refuse . stop talking like every entrpreneur is like dangote , there are entrepreneurs you can regard as employees because of the kind of business they run .
OP , any motivational speaker that tells you being an employee is slavery cannot run a business . those guys are just making money from you by organising seminars . do you check on their businesses before you attend their seminars. elemelu and likes wont tell you being an employee is being a slave because they are directly referring to their employees as slaves. some of these speakers call employees whose salary is thrice the money they make from seminars monthly slaves , they dont even have the trainings and satisfaction some of these employees have got . so who is the slave? we have been seeing these guys from inside molue to the ones brought to speak at nysc camps. I remeber how one man with a faded "coat" lectured us in the camp how a graduate bought a car from frying beans cake in kebbi . I was forced to ask him why he isnt frying the beans cake too ..... so funny.please acquire the right skill before you start any business plus pls do what will make you happy . if a job will do it , if a business will do it ..... and not because you think you will be some slave.
Re: . by akinsadeez(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
very interesting thread. The back and forth is enlightening. The only thing I can say is; if everyone were to be an entrepreneur who will work for the entrepreneurs and move their businesses forward. Every entrepreneur needs workers since not all businesses are one man businesses. Even every one man business prays to expand to a point when he/she can start to employ people.
There are many reasons why people work and it isn't always limited to salary. As a lawyer, by training and law I am allowed to open my own chamber immediately I am called to the bar. However in my opinion I need to really garner the experience of practice in a less pressurized environment until I have acquired the necessary skills and contacts to stand on my own and open my own chamber. This means that salary is not the main consideration making me work in the chamber where I am working, rather experience and the contacts I am building day by day is more paramount.
Working in an organization is not tantamount to slavery. The examples you've given about time for break and others are normal in working/office environment. Any entrepreneur who wants to make it also has to impose discipline on himself. Besides there are entrepreneurs who come to office before the workers and even hardly go on break. they even work harder than the workers you call slaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Kzinne: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
akinsadeez:
very interesting thread. The back and forth is enlightening. The only thing I can say is; if everyone were to be an entrepreneur who will work for the entrepreneurs and move their businesses forward. Every entrepreneur needs workers since not all businesses are one man businesses. Even every one man business prays to expand to a point when he/she can start to employ people.
There are many reasons why people work and it isn't always limited to salary. As a lawyer, by training and law I am allowed to open my own chamber immediately I am called to the bar. However in my opinion I need to really garner the experience of practice in a less pressurized environment until I have acquired the necessary skills and contacts to stand on my own and open my own chamber. This means that salary is not the main consideration making me work in the chamber where I am working, rather experience and the contacts I am building day by day is more paramount.
Working in an organization is not tantamount to slavery. The examples you've given about time for break and others are normal in working/office environment. Any entrepreneur who wants to make it also has to impose discipline on himself. Besides there are entrepreneurs who come to office before the workers and even hardly go on break. they even work harder than the workers you call slaves.
In England you are not even called a Barrister the moment you are called to bar. You are required to take pupillage which could run to about three years. Its only in the Nigerian legal system where you'll see such and some funny African countries like Ghana, Kenya. Legal practice in Nigeria is a huge joke. Charge and bail
Re: . by akinsadeez(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kzinne:
In England you are not even called a Barrister the moment you are called to bar. You are required to take pupillage which could run to about three years. Its only in the Nigerian legal system where you'll see such and some funny African countries like Ghana, Kenya. Legal practice in Nigeria is a huge joke. Charge and bail

hehehehehehe. grin grin grin but C'mon bro, our practice in Nigeria is not so bad. at least not to the extent of calling it a huge joke. Anyways I do appreciate your point but there are two sides to every argument. Maybe the training in England is not as rigorous as that of Nigeria. You know the thinking is that after going through Five rigorous years of university and another year of baptism in law school you should be able to stand on your own and to be fair to them, there are people who open chambers straight after call and make it.
Re: . by Kzinne: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
akinsadeez:

hehehehehehe. grin grin grin but C'mon bro, our practice in Nigeria is not so bad. at least not to the extent of calling it a huge joke. Anyways I do appreciate your point but there are two sides to every argument. Maybe the training in England is not as rigorous as that of Nigeria. You know the thinking is that after going through Five rigorous years of university and another year of baptism in law school you should be able to stand on your own and to be fair to them, there are people who open chambers straight after call and make it.
Did you study for a UK degree in law? Then you wont talk like this. A UK degree in Law is no joke. Don't forget in England after your GCSEs (which is the SSCE in Nigeria) you need to do the A-Levels first which is about two years before going to the university for a 3 year LLB. Which makes up five years. The bar program is a year after which you'll need to do a long pupillage(most llb graduates in the uk who have been called to bar don't get a pipillage as spaces are limited to the best students). Until after the successful completion of the pupillage then you can be called a Barrister. Solicitors have their own authority. Legal practice in the uk is far way ahead to the charge and bail system in Nigeria.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
livingstone2013:
I have been attending some entrepreneurship seminars for some couple of days. What I discovered is that most motivational speakers tend to degrade salary job to slavery but encourage enterpreneurship as the best. But are there not salary earners that earn monthly salary far higher than some entrepreneur's total yearly profit? Then why is paid employment regarded a modern day slavery? Even if the job pays good salary.

Yes.any contrary comment is a lie .

You are working for someone right? And which business owner or organization wishes to incur losses. So of course you will be made to earn every single penny paid to you.

One thing for sure is that you get trained and disciplined as well as get capital as well as ideas for your business.

My advise is that you work first before deciding to do business. You will learn good skills by doing so.

No matter how challenging, put ur head down and work hard.

Was working in a high paying organization before deciding to leave

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
majekdom2:
guy post your number let me bless you with recharge card...
Re: . by cocoduck: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
Joy83:
Enough of all these jamboree abstract tutorial. A man from poor background going into business, won't he need tested and trusted skill plus money??.

Element of pride in the lives of those speakers sha, they don't want to serve a boss, yet they aspire to be a boss overnight so that people can serve them.

Abeg, anyhow they won't it, I prefer to be slave to Chevron or other big company for now as a graduate of geology, than being my own boss.
After like 10 years of sitting at home. God owns the big companies like chevron, not humans like yourself, SMH for you. FYI entrepreneurship us like running , you are born with it but you must develope it to be good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Medpro Global Resources A GNLD / Good Morning, In The Next Couple Of Days, A Number Of Things Will Be Happening. / Current Jobs On Purplesharks.com [update Often For Nairalanders]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.