Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Had I Known - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Had I Known (965 Views)

World's Largest Known Spider (bird-eating Spider) / 12 Little Known Laws Of Karma (that Will Change Your Life) / ASUU Strike:about To Be Called Off,varsity's Resumption Date About To Be Known! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had I Known by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
It's been a thing of shame to me ever since i graduated from the university last year. I finished from Babcock University, Ilishan. I concluded the mandatory youth service october this year in Alimosho, Lagos state of which during the service period i couldn't tell any fellow corp member i graduated with a third class degree because i was ashamed of myself, so whenever any topic seems to drift to that direction i always lie about it. Now i have been home since then trying to apply for a good job. But i always think of it as a fruitless effort because i know what i have. And it's not that i'm not brilliant. I'ld say i'm but it just happened like that. I applied to access bank during my service year and i was shortlisted to write the aptitude test. The test was after my service year, i went for the aptitude test of which i passed and i was shortlisted for the next stage which was the panel interview of which i went for also, but on getting there, after the interviewer got to know i finished with a third class (cuz it'z not included in my cv). I heard the kinda word i never wished to hear in my life and it was painful, piercing through my heart. I left there in shame though they said they would contact me later if they have decided on my case but i was rest assured it was a dead end for me.
That was for that chapter.
Another painful event was when my mum told my uncle i need a job if he could help me out, of which i already lied to him when i was in school that i'm on a 2.2 gp that she even frowned @ me then, telling of all sorts of things then. But now my mum had to spill the beans and there was nothing i could say. That was another episode of shame. Am even scared to tell the people i know who could definitely be of help cuz of what i have. All i think of now is how i could turn back the hands of time to correct my mistakes. Truly i started my university days days bad, i could even say worse, but the fact is that i ended it well but it was already too late for me. And nobody else seems to understand that. All they are concerned about is what i finished with. Had i known back then in my early days in school, i would have tightened my belt and read like a lunatic. Now, i'm getting series of advices that getting another degree would be the best thing i could do cuz age is still on my side. I'm just 21. I could even say childish attitude and immaturity led to my failure back then in school but it was never like that in my secondary school days, though i was not the all-A's type, but i do pass al my exams. What i can say now is that it's like i never knew what the "University" was all about then. Now an thinking of going back to school to stat all over again cuz i'm not ready to walk into any interview room only to go out of there thinking of why i came to the interview in the first place. Am not ready to listen to any form of advice or castigation from my interviewers. My mind is made up to go back to school. Only to correct my wrongs. So please and please, for those of you in school especially the freshers, please lets be determined and focused. Cuz for me now, sorry is my case. Am so ashamed of myself. My self esteem has really been stained and my self worth, diminished. Please lets not loose focus. I decided to post this topic here so people could learn from my mistake. HAD I KNOWN...
[[COPIED]]
Re: Had I Known by justme109: 12:03am On Dec 27, 2014
WAEC/GCE RESULT CHECKING AND UPGRADING...CALL; 08117666136
http://www.waecdirect.org/

***IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED HELP UPGRADING OR CHECKING WITHHELD, WAEC GCE RESULT, D.O.B CORRECTION AND NAME CORRECTION, i will advice you call this number 08117666136, Am 100% certain she can be of help to you***

Once more this his number +234 8117666136

If you are on BBM, you can chat with me on there and i will be glad to tell you how i did mine; 7E1A1977

Good luck!!!

***IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED HELP UPGRADING OR CHECKING WITHHELD, WAEC GCE RESULT, D.O.B CORRECTION AND NAME CORRECTION, i will advice you call this number 08117666136, Am 100% certain she can be of help to you***

If you are on BBM, you can chat with me on there and i will be glad to tell you how i did mine; 7E1A1977

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!
Re: Had I Known by justme109: 12:04am On Dec 27, 2014

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!
Re: Had I Known by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 27, 2014
justme109:

Good luck!!!
so after all the chickens you devoured this festive period you still don't have sense?

Op, good one, you are still young and it's never too late to make amends. Probably you should start over or go for PGD.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Had I Known by adbaba(m): 12:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Whatever it's best pls do.in no time u'r done.
Re: Had I Known by danox(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2014
My dear I sincerely empathize with you.I think you already have the right attitude to get over this episode.It is not too late for you to start all over .I am currently running the MBBS programmme in UNIBEN even though I already have a degree in Botany.I am way older than you are and I have no regrets.So my dear,it is only over,if you say so.I wish you the best in your future endeavours.God will give you a new song to sing soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta University Lecturers Owed 15 Months Salaries / Urgently Need To Find My Way To JAMB Venue. Kindly Help / OAU-IFE Is Paralysed By NASU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.