Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Disappearance.(Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Disappearance.(Short Story) (1197 Views)

The Murder Case- A short story / The Blame Switch - A Short Story / Life's Symphony: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2014
*This is an extract from a story I will be writing in the nearest future, it might be the sequel of Five hours before rapture but for now enjoy it and learn of it*

Mrs.Peters',popularly known as Mummy Racheal, mouth was opened and some flies could not help but try to see the colour of her last food still lying on her tongue.
Her mouth was not opened in surprise as it is the case with most people whose mouth were opened. A noise came from it as if it was living:She was snoring;sleeping.
This time her head was not nodding-you know that state when you are trying to fight the sleep:dozing. She was what comedian would call a traveller who had gone far and she could have reached her village in Abeokuta.
She is a short, fair woman whose job is to take care of the Babies in the daycare unit of Greater tomorrow Nursery,Primary,And Secondary school located at Fijabi street,Ijaiye,Lagos.
The night before, she had have to stay awake because one of her friends-a male friend- did midnight call with her.
Suddenly, a noise came from the school compound,she jumped up to realise that she had been sleeping. She used her hands to clear her face, then she saw it.
She jumped up in fear.
The class was empty.
'Yeah!!!what is this?!'
She was surprised to see only children's clothes on the floor
'what is this?' She mouthed, her heart flipping and skipping.
At the other end, a teacher who left the staff room was not seen again and some of the students-a very few- have disappeared.
Students were shouting, the secondary school students have turned to something else as they started running here and there.
There was noise everywhere. The naughty primary school pupils had turn it to fun, only a few of them looked on with fear.
From the street, a car ran into the school's gate and bent it inward, the gateman stood to see what it was with fear. He took a fat and strong stick to defend himself in case there will be any attack.
Upon getting there, he discovered there was nobody in the car.
'You are mad ooo',he shouted with anger at no one in particular,'You use your car jam this gate you kon run komot, na God go destroy your life as you destroy this gate....until you come back...Na your car go suffer for you', he said as he run into the school compound to open the gate.
'I go lock am for inside here and nobody go hold me till i see you'.
He opened the door wide and ran to the car,he opened the door of car angrily, and was going to try to drive it in when he saw some clothes on the car including a lady's underwears. Seeing this he jumped out of the car, hitting his head on the door of the car. He ran into the school compound and did not stop until he hit the fat principal who was going to call the children to order.
Although, the plane was a large one, which could convey up to 417,there were 380 passengers and 20 air hostesses,host, and crew members.
Mr.Paul sat beside the pilot and was still thinking about how he would corpulate with the beautiful air hostess that just left their side. He did not like the way His co-pilot had return her gesture of love.
He love the way she smells and could not understand how she manage to smell nice always.
He could not describe on a paper how short and beautiful her skirt was: it was so neat and well-ironed.Her shirt made him want to keep on looking at her bosom, maybe it was the pendant she wore-it dropped-hanging in the middle of her bosom and that makes him want to have her by all means.
'You are always doing Holy...holy',he started to accuse his co-pilot.
'Ahhh!!!Thank you!!Do you want me to miss heaven because of her...'
'Which rapture,Shola, which rapture,is this not the 2014th year after his death...'
'Paul, you missing it,Jesus will soon come,the bible says his kingdom is at hand....'
'ohhhhhhh!!!There is no God, there is no Heaven, there is no Jesus...you are just fooling yourself',he said as he left for the toilet, still scheming a way to get the air hostess' attention.
He was still thinking of this when he entered and was surprised to meet only Shola's clothes on the chair.
'Yeahhhhhhh!!!' He screamed. 'Yeeeahhh!!!'
Two air hostess rushed into the cabin.
'What happened',one of them asked.
He could not talk, he just pointed at the empty chair.
'RAPTURE!RAPTURE!!RAPTURE!!!' he said as he held unto his chest and fainted.
*The End*
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Abduletudaye(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2014
cheesy
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by VigorousV(f): 1:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
wow!!!
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
VigorousV:
wow!!!
thanks
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by stuff46(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
hopin on this day mehn.
Divepen we are learninq,ride on
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Fatalveli(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Alaye continue jare, which kind 'the end' be dat nah
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Aisha800(f): 4:08am On Dec 28, 2014
following
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Oga...That's the end o
I still have some story that I must finish na
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by donPhill(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
nice piece 2hope 4....
Divepen when re u updatin TUGRIL?
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by theorbiters: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
The boss himself has done it again.
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by LarrySun(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Dive, you know I suffer eye defects, kindly space out the paragraphs.
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by lenmafon: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
oga divepen, why u change de title na? i throw salute reach ur side o! longest time
Re: The Disappearance.(Short Story) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
lenmafon:
oga divepen, why u change de title na? i throw salute reach ur side o! longest time
No mind me..

@ Larry, I'll try to again, but I think it's because I typed it with a phone.
Donphil, in the next ten minutes.
Thanks, theorbiter

(1) (Reply)

Harsh Wednesday[a poem]. / How I Lost My Twin Brother To The Cold Hands Of Death / The BASTARD - Paranormal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.