Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

I Need A Flatmate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Flatmate (8625 Views)

Flatmate Needed For A Mini Flat,at Egbeda Alimosho,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 27, 2014
Thanks folks.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by austine4real(m): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2014
Check clegg street&fashola closet there'r vacancies bt i dnt knw d amount
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2014
@ austin4real...Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
@ R...a, the texts I sent aren't getting delivered. You might need to dislodge your old msg so that new one could drop in. I already sent three. Got yours though. Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by donigspain(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Extend your search to Anthony Village...
The centrality and assessibility of this location is awesome. You can easily connect to the Island via Third Mainland Bridge (100 naira). ikeja is also five minutes drive (70 naira). Electricity here is 18hrs per day (guaranteed) reason being there is a mini power station closeby (@Maryland).
Criminal activity is practically almost non-existent and the environment is serene.
I moved into this area from Surulere five months ago and I have never had cause to regret the decision. Funny as it may appear I got the house via OLX (take caution). Met agent (now a friend), landlady and house same day and paid same day.

That's my Xmas gift to you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
donigspain:
The centrality and assessibility of this location is awesome. You can easily connect to the Island via Third Mainland Bridge (100 naira). ikeja is also five minutes drive (70 naira). Electricity here is 18hrs per day (guaranteed) reason being there is a mini power station closeby (@Maryland).
Criminal activity is practically almost non-existent and the environment is serene.
I moved into this area from Surulere five months ago and I have never had cause to regret the decision. Funny as it may appear I got the house via OLX (take caution). Met agent (now a friend), landlady and house same day and paid same day.

Do you know of any avail place there? Pls SMS me your number. Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
Been getting interesting calls...keep them coming. Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by donigspain(m): 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: I Need A Flatmate by austine4real(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
moreeni:
@ austin4real...Thanks
u'r wlc dd u go dia?
Re: I Need A Flatmate by rofemiguwa(f): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
I Am alSo interested in a miniflat. Please do u have any contAct .or the agent 's number. Pls send to my mail cynthuwa_23@yahOo.com thank U

donigspain:

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Whew! I have gotten more than expected on my plate lately following leads. Though not entirely fulfilling.

@donigspain, I will follow up with you today.Thanks.

At others, I will keep in touch as Promised.

So far, I have only gotten one call from someone with an existing flat. Pls people with available rooms for rent Should get in touch. Hunting isn't easy I would say. Thanks.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by ifyalways(f): 8:51am On Dec 30, 2014
Sharing a flat with someone u don't know from Adam is not ideal for a lady.

I believe with 250K, u should get a self con at Ajah, raise it to 400K, you'd get at Agungi/Osapa/igbo efon areas and with 600K, Lekki is sure.

All the best
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
ifyalways:
Sharing a flat with someone u don't know from Adam is not ideal for a lady.

I believe with 250K, u should get a self con at Ajah, raise it to 400K, you'd get at Agungi/Osapa/igbo efon areas and with 600K, Lekki is sure.

All the best

Good idea. Raising is the problem and Ajah is farfaraway land. I shared rooms in sch and during NYSC with complex strangers! This time around I am looking for a sub-selfcontain arrangement Where me and my flatmates might not even see a lot of each other as I'm a very private person. This will work especially where rooms are ensuit. I have seen more than two situations.

By the way, parties will conduct extensive interview before settling in.Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nwa aba!, i'll be moving into lagos in a month's time and your description fits my expectations perfectly, i usually work from home and steady power is a must have feature of whatever place i'll be settling for

whats the range of say, a self-contained room or mini flat?

donigspain:

Re: I Need A Flatmate by donigspain(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
tooltip:
Nwa aba!, i'll be moving into lagos in a month's time and your description fits my expectations perfectly, i usually work from home and steady power is a must have feature of whatever place i'll be settling for

whats the range of say, a self-contained room or mini flat?

Self-contain here in Anthony, Mende and Maryland ranges from 160k - 220k per year (x 2 years) plus 100k agent & commission fee plus 20k or 30k caution/damages fee (refundable).
Re: I Need A Flatmate by veave(f): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
donigspain:
Self-contain here in Anthony, Mende and Maryland ranges from 160k - 220k per year (x 2 years) plus 100k agent & commission fee plus 20k or 30k caution/damages fee (refundable).

did anyone notice agent fee is higher than the rent?

Olorun shanu wa
Re: I Need A Flatmate by donigspain(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
veave:

Olorun shanu wa
That's the situation we face here in Lagos...
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Olarewajub: 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2015
donigspain:
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
donigspain thanks for finding time to reply

From the figures you put up, it means one should have about 450-570k for 2 years

Is the agency and commission fee for one year or two?..i just wanted to be sure

Thanks
Re: I Need A Flatmate by donigspain(m): 9:05am On Jan 03, 2015
tooltip:
donigspain thanks for finding time to reply

From the figures you put up, it means one should have about 450-570k for 2 years

Is the agency and commission fee for one year or two?..i just wanted to be sure

Thanks
It's fixed. They don't bill by rent duration but for creation of rent opportunity.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 04, 2015
I had a good deal on a three bedroom which seems Very promising all through last week. However, looks like deal might be off the table. It was a wonderful offer on my lap...I pray it could still be salvaged. Thank you all interest groups.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
maybe we could learn from your experience biko kiss
moreeni:
I had a good deal on a three bedroom which seems Very promising all through last week. However, looks like deal might be off the table. It was a wonderful offer on my lap...I pray it could still be salvaged. Thank you all interest groups.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by coogar: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
moreeni:
I am looking for an apartment somewhere within Lagos mainland with very easy and quick access to the island.
Where I could share a flat with a FEMALE(s) as in two or three bedroom flats.

I'm female, amiable and totally mind my business. Motivation behind this is to reduce the burden of rent/bills. Interested persons should already have an empty room in a decent flat or ready to hunt for one to share. A room self contain would have been terrific but a shared flat would do just fine.

Locations: Gbagada-Ojota axis and Surulere environs. Idea is to connect the island with minimal hassle. Pls call: 08182211090. Thanks.

this is sexism at its sterling quality.
so because you are female, you can only share with females? if a male personnel manager disqualifies you based on your gender, you would scream gender discrimination.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 05, 2015
coogar:

this is sexism at its sterling quality.
so because you are female, you can only share with females? if a male personnel manager disqualifies you based on your gender, you would scream gender discrimination.

Are you serious? The female flatmate is prefared to the male so we could be free in the house. As in, sometimes I dash to the kitchen in my birthday suit and other freedom of the gender occurrences like that. Believe me, this is for the male protection grin I say NO to sexism!

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 05, 2015
tooltip:
maybe we could learn from your experience biko kiss

Will share eventually . It isn't a bad tale.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by megastu(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Please let me know when you get one. I am interested.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by laplace12(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
veave:

Olorun shanu wa

That Is agent for flat. Self contain won't be That Much.
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
any updates yet on your search yet....i'm considering areas, very close to lekki phase 1 like agungi, and osapa , so i guess we could learn from your experiences
Re: I Need A Flatmate by beleza(f): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Any new update on your search yet?
Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
I got about three calls from a lady in Dolphin estate and two others in Lekki and Ajah. The Dolphin isn't bad but my one room in a flat will amount to about 400k! The Lekki and Ajah were not more than 250k but location seem off for me. There were some in surulere and Berger, one fault or the other in each. The One I felt was a God sent was in Gbagada, the stage was set, deal underway but the carpet was pulled right under me as someone else beat me to it. It's all good...still searching sad

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
its's well moreeni!.....today is my birthday grin

and my wish is that you get your heart desire by this weekend

thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Flatmate by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
tooltip:
its's well moreeni!.....today is my birthday grin

and my wish is that you get your heart desire by this weekend

thanks for sharing!

Happy birthday! Amen to the prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Friend Found This On Is Wife Phone / My Wife Says She Deserves"thank U" After Sex - Can U Say That? / Help Me With Pretty Igbo Names To Flatter A Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.