Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) (34721 Views)

Hairstylist Battered By Her Jealous Husband In Lagos (photos) / Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Samzzy94(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
FrancisTony:
It's a good thing to be strong. grin

Just like me nana grin
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by amakufrancis(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
fp is a most
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
alberto2k:
I say dis one is strONG undecided

Elegi di gan cheesy cheesy
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by azpekuliar: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
Let him use the money he made over the years from bribery, extortion and harrassment to treat himself.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Kirinwa: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
Something that would have not taken more than 20 000 to repair is now taking more than 1 million naira.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Naval officer said nothing will happen and he was right at least for now but be sure he will reap what he sowed!

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Prodeegee(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bros na naija u dey.
The Nigerian police are worse

SeverusSnape:
So unfortunate... He should sue the Nigerian Navy, I'm sure the case will be ruled in his favour, I still recall the young lady that was battered and beaten blue black by some navy personnel some years back, She sued the Navy and was compensated with millions. Let this man do the same, Some of these military men are just full of themselves and need to be taught a lesson or two.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by cannonnier(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Aprime:
That's so bad. Terrible.

#The bandage though, whomever it was that dressed it that way obviously likes meat pie. Or not. embarassed

You see persin eye burst, you call am meat pie. shocked

I'm scared of what you're capable of. undecided
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by buoye1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Why dis pinshur come be like signboard na?
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
SeverusSnape:
So unfortunate... He should sue the Nigerian Navy, I'm sure the case will be ruled in his favour, I still recall the young lady that was battered and beaten blue black by some navy personnel some years back, She sued the Navy and was compensated with millions. Let this man do the same, Some of these military men are just full of themselves and need to be taught a lesson or two.

Who's going to give justice to the thousands of Nigerians the same Policemen brutalize every now and then ?

The guy should deal with it. Who knows what he has done all the years he served in the Army !

1 Like

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
adie je ifun adie (Fowl dey chop Fowl intestine).

They both belong to the armed forces.

They both abuse power and terrorize innocent civilians.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by stayblack: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
make hand still touch am, now he know how it feel.when dem go dey oppress people,see the big face self.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by therapisteve(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
It is very pathetic how heartless our generation is... I don't care if this man was a policeman or not, but I see him first as a human being whose right to see and Read has been denied... And some are here making jest of his plight... Ok oo
Just imagine u couldn't get to read or post on nairaland again just becos a mofo deprived U of Ur sight...
E just be say one may even be tempted to think say na nemesis going by the way 90% of them carry out their duties... They maltreated my Mom and even locked her up sometime ago over an unverified complaint only to later find out d truth after ruthlessly dealing with her...but all the same,d man's condition is pitiable!!!
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Kirinwa: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Who's going to give justice to the thousands of Nigerians the same Policemen brutalize every now and then ?

The guy should deal with it. Who knows what he has done all the years he served in the Army !

Are you okay? How does serving in police resemble army.

Besides you are way off the point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by donbrowser(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Abduletudaye:
angry

Lalasticlala abi?? This is going to FP for sure...

He's using jazz angry
Guy y are u disgracing urself na?
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by deavicky(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
lalasticlala:
Now begs to eat, calls for justice

BY JOB OSAZUWA AND CHIZOBA IKENWA

When Emmanuel Mbilla was enlisted into the Nigeri­an Police Force 31 years ago, he might have dreamt of serving the country meritoriously and gloriously before handing over the baton to the next generation. Such dream has now been shattered by one ugly encounter with a naval officer.

Just four years for the long serving of­ficer to say goodbye to serving his country in uniform, what seems a tragedy struck on February 22 which abruptly cut short his long anticipated exit from the force. The singular incident had steadily sunk hole into his pocket, leaving him to now beg before he eats.

The victim’s second wife, Patience Mbilla, who witnessed the incident, told Saturday Sun that it all started when the naval officer, Enejor, drove recklessly to hit the pavement of her shop with his ve­hicle.

It has been nine months since the As­sistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) has been suffering after being allegedly attacked on the eye by the naval rating, identified as Warrant Officer Unaji Ene­jor on February 22 in the Kirikiri area of Lagos State.

Saturday Sun learnt that the 50-year-old victim had suffered glaucoma on his left eye before the incident, and a punch from his attacker on his right eye dealt a big blow to his overall sight.

All efforts made by Mbilla to regain his failing sight proved abortive. He told Saturday Sun that he had visited many hospitals in Lagos in a quest for a cure for his battered eye.

Presently, the policeman, who was previously doing virtually everything on his own, including driving his car, has now turned vegetable, relying on his two wives for help.

In her narration, the second wife said: “My husband and I were in my shop, when we suddenly heard a loud noise like a crash just outside my shop. We rushed out, only to find out that the pavement at my shop was hit by a vehicle. My hus­band told the driver of the vehicle to find a solution to what he had done, but the driver quickly identified himself as a na­val officer and told us to get out, boasting that we could not do nothing. My husband also identified himself as a police officer.

“The man wanted to escape, but my husband refused him, only for the na­val officer to forcefully hit my husband in the eye with the car key. My husband fell to the floor, screaming for help. At that point, the naval officer ran away but unfortunately for him, his car got stuck in a gutter. It was the sympathizers that were running after him that were able to stop him from escaping. Two other na­val men immediately came and wanted to help their colleague escape but the crowd overwhelmed them, and the assailant was eventually taken to the Kirikiri Police Division. Later, the case was transferred to Panti, Yaba, where he was released on bail.”

Saturday Sun further gathered that an investigative panel was set up to look into the incident by the naval command. But Mrs Mbilla accused the Navy of hiding the suspect.

“The police have written letters to the Navy. They sent two officers from the Navy to enquire about the incident. I told them what I knew about the matter and they promised to return to meet my hus­band, but we have not seen them since then. I believe they are hiding the naval officer from us. We demand justice,” she stated.

Speaking on the challenges they have been facing in the aftermath of the inci­dent, she said that life had been tough for them as their financial well has run dry and they now run from pillar to post to fend for the family.

“Since the incident, it has not been easy for me and my family. We have spent all we have on treatment; going for one test after other in different hospitals and eye check centres. My husband can’t do anything anymore as I have to be with him 24 hours to take care of his needs. We have spent over a million naira and I have sold almost all the valuables we have.

“He always feels pain and headache. We still buy drugs weekly. We want the Navy to produce the officer that attacked my husband so that he can share in our burden. Most importantly, we want justice to take its course but without further de­lay”, she lamented.

She also pleaded with well meaning Nigerians, authorities including the Lagos State government and NGOs to come to their aid financially and otherwise.

The victim, who hails from Ohafia Lo­cal Government Area in Abia State, is the only surviving child of his parents, with two wives and six children under his roof. Until his blindness, he was the breadwin­ner of his family.

Before he was rendered blind, the re­tirement plan, it was gathered, of the po­liceman who was a United Nations Peace Keeping ambassador was to establish a security outfit.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=97336
the Navy guy no try at all at all he for blind both eyes cos police does more.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by donbrowser(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
SeverusSnape:
ARE YOU A NIGERIAN?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Sarhamsyn(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
pls guys what really happen i'on have time to read this article.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by aniagoluaustin(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
wat a pity
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
donbrowser:

ARE YOU A NIGERIAN?
Hehehehehe... No,I'm a Hogwartian.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by gebest: 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
to be candid, this is not fair, i kno some jonathanians will blame GMB for this.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by gebest: 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
size38:
This is a good news. Nigerian police are full of nonsense. Eg Mathew mbu.
is Joseph Mbu not mathew mbu
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Abduletudaye(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
donbrowser:

Guy y are u disgracing urself na?

Am not..its trying to get attention...
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
temitemi1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Se osi oooooo undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by romzyxy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
Aprime:
That's so bad. Terrible.

#The bandage though, whomever it was that dressed it that way obviously likes meat pie. Or not. embarassed

Wus u say such tinx. Dont u knw it is a sorrowful effect.
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by 100Cents: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
God, preserve your children..
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
Iz speak upon the dark forces holding on to ur sight to release them now by the power in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen, you shall regain your sight again soon

1 Like

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
I speak upon the dark forces holding on to ur sight to release them now by the power in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen, you shall regain your sight again soon

1 Like

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Sirdy48(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Oma ro pe orogun ni awon forces wonyi ni SMH
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
Sarhamsyn:
pls guys what really happen i'on have time to read this article.
No one read it, Bros cheesy grin

undecided I will tell ya "teasher" tongue grin
Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by pak: 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
Abuse of power is inherent in most culture in Nigeria

That's why our kings were 'kabiyesi' - the unquestionable ones.

and that's why culturally a kid is always in the wrong whenever there is an issue between him/her and the parents.

People with any form of power or authority never expect to be questioned or held accountable foe how they (mis)use the power.

You see soldiers slapping 'frog jumping' civilians at the slightest whim. Rich men 'arresting' poor folks and all that stuff.

You are a naval officer, you are a police man - so the next thing is to resort to violence in a civil issue ?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Battered By Naval Officer Goes Blind (pictured) by loomer: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
AS LONG AS NO BE CIVILIAN, I NO CARE. BECAUSE POLICE SELF NO DE TRY ON THEIR OWN.

NA PEOPLE WEY THE POLICE MAN GO DON TREAT BADLY PRAYERS WORK SO.

ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Sent On An Errand Loses The Money To Betting In Ipaja, Lagos / Bricklayer Rapes Sex Worker In Lagos / EFCC Arrests Suspected Internet Fraudster In Port Harcourt With Charms (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.