Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's (2789 Views)

UN Summit: Nigeria's President Reading Speech From Book / Throwback Photo Of Chief Awolowo,HID,Mrs Osinbajo's Mother And Others / Chief Awolowo Released From Calabar Prison, 3rd August,1966.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
“ MKO ABIOLA-TO MAKE WHOLE AGAIN” by Abimbola Awofeso, published by Update Communications Limited 1990, from pages 15 to 24

Assessment of Mohammadu Buhari’s administration. The chapter is titled; “All-Round Misery: Retrenchment, Roll-Back….” quote from page 18
"since the Buhari administration came to power, its policy on public sector spending has resulted in all round misery: retrenchment of public sector workers, roll back in social services, particularly in the area of health care, the re-introduction of school fees, the closure of educational institutions, the re-imposition of certain obnoxious taxes and levies and the suspension of new capital projects.
All these have negative implications for the country’s long range development….with such deflationary policies as has been put in place by the Buhari regime, shows that we are headed for unmitigated disaster. As for the planned privatization, this is no more than a camouflage for concentrating the nation’s wealth in ever fewer hands……still, it cannot be said that its attempt at streamlining import licensing and foreign exchange disbursement procedure has been a roaring success. Racketeering persists and those who have no business having import licenses still do so.

The government’s performance in the area of debt management is even poorer. Apart from the questionable wisdom of using over 40 per cent of the country’s export earnings to service debts, it is open to question whether the government has fully investigated and verified all the outstanding debt obligations it is now attempting to settle……In the area of inflation and distribution, the government successes, if any, have been limited. Officially estimated at about 40 percent the rate of inflation is still debilitating to the generality of Nigerians whose incomes, under the income policy guidelines, are not expected to increase substantially (especially for those in paid employment).

As for distributive trade, the major actors of old appear to have been back in business; the Lebanese and Levantine merchandisers still control that business with the result that prices are still high and scarcities persist…….If there is any area of public policy in which the present government has been most inactive, that area has to do with the problem of unemployment…..It is a sad commentary on government’s commitment to tackling unemployment that although it set up a committee sometime last year to study the matter, as at this moment, the report of that committee is yet to be made public, let alone implemented..”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muhammadu-buhari-right-choice/

Recycling is bad. It is even worse when the individual we are promoting has passed his prime. That was how Obasanjo was brought in, the result of his actions and inactions are still reverberating till date. Incidentally, people are still running to him for directions. Every fault of Jonathan is rooted in Obasanjo; he planned, masterminded and executed the ascension of Jonathan to power. He also trained him in government, the PDP way, the platform Obasanjo instituted, which is the one the PDP is religiously using till date.
We are very forgetful in this country and lazy at recollecting the past. Our leaders are always leading us on the path of perdition, for their own selfish purpose(s), not for the general interest of the people. That is the choice the APC has made with Buhari as their presidential candidate. One can only wish them good luck.
Mr. Sunny Ikhioya, a commentator on national issues, wrote from Lagos.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muhammadu-buhari-right-choice/#sthash.ops08tik.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by frankyychiji(f): 12:24am On Dec 28, 2014
God bless Nigeria! Gej till 2019!

4 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by tit(f): 12:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Buhari is "all round misery"!

after thirty years the only thing you will have is 150 cows!

9 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2014
My mother was forced to deliver me in the states because Buhari destroyed my families business by banning the imports of flour. My own crusade is not about party or tribe, but about truth and my families personal experience during Buhari's regimen. Maybe it was progress for the north but in the east it was a disastrous blow to industry and traders.
APC is a waste dump of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" that APC e-touts love to chant are now dumped.

I vote person not party GEJ is the only choice between the two, unless other parties bring forward a better candidate we will continue to work with this administration, and become the change we want to see. Leaders are a reflection of the people, if we don't change first, the system will continue to operate in the same matter.

GEJ until Nigerians take responsibility for the future in their own hands.
If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by ogb5(m): 12:34am On Dec 28, 2014
We know Buhari is useless. Why some people are hell bent on foisting him on us is what I cannot stand. Buhari knows nothing about economics, his tenure in 1984 was a disaster, there were mass retrenchment in the civil service by the devil. Even those were not sacked were owed salaries, in some cases up to 10 months salary backlog was being owed.

traders were not spared also, the bastard used soldiers in forcing retailers to sell their goods below their cost price.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 12:38am On Dec 28, 2014
tit:
Buhari is "all round misery"!

after thirty years the only thing you will have is 150 cows!
What is even sadder is what has this man ever done for the youth? What has he done for his community as far as development? At least OBJ used his own to create jobs in Nigeria. This man has done zero for the poor in the North, in fact all he does is promise to stop killing them if they vote him again in 2015. cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 12:50am On Dec 28, 2014
ogb5:
We know Buhari is useless. Why some people are hell bent on foisting him on us is what I cannot stand. Buhari knows nothing about economics, his tenure in 1984 was a disaster, there were mass retrenchment in the civil service by the devil. Even those were not sacked were owed salaries, in some cases up to 10 months salary backlog was being owed.

traders were not spared also, the bastard used soldiers in forcing retailers to sell their goods below their cost price.
Yes, trust me when they tell me big contributors from Igboland I just laugh at how they are continuing to discredit a candidate that is running on a basis of high moral and un- corruptible practices. They are just mad to think that Igbo's in business would forgot how they were once again attacked financially during his regimen. Tinubu and Buhari are both economic hitmen that is why they teamed up to try and operate the biggest 419 ever. Painting Buhari as a saint really shows they think we are mumu's.

5 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by TunjiMsp: 12:58am On Dec 28, 2014
Anything wey una like make you talk, no tenure is as horrible as jonah tenure, because he stopped ghost he is a bad person abi and because he banned importation to encourage local production he is a bad person?

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 1:38am On Dec 28, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Anything wey una like make you talk, no tenure is as horrible as jonah tenure, because he stopped ghost he is a bad person abi and because he banned importation to encourage local production he is a bad person?
No my Dear I don't think he is a bad person. Just a bad leader, manager and administrator. The same reason IBB put GMB in power, is the same way he took him out, I am not even sure if he is a real general by "training" or just with mouth. The guy even lost at being a military dictator embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by tit(f): 1:41am On Dec 28, 2014
TunjiMsp:

he is just clueless, dumb as a rock, and wicked!

4 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Una welldone ooo. Awon ti gej make una dey lie give unaselves ooo. We have had enough. Boys come from east january to december we no fit travel cos money no dey to carry go house una come dey claim gej. Crase dey worry all of una. The streets have seen we are no more ignorant abt our environment. We need change and change is what we will get. 'Them born you for state you still come nairaland the spill shit' awon ode. Ema lo wan nko gidi fi aye yin shey

5 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by TunjiMsp: 8:30am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
No my Dear I don't think he is a bad person. Just a bad leader, manager and administrator. The same reason IBB put GMB in power, is the same way he took him out, I am not even sure if he is a real general by "training" or just with mouth. The guy even lost at being a military dictator embarassed
and jonah is good leader right? Pls open your eyes, if it's takes just 4 years to loot all our treasury, I wonder what will happen in the next 4 years

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by TunjiMsp: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2014
tit:

he is just clueless, dumb as a rock, and wicked!
You just summarise jonathan in one sentence

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by TunjiMsp: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
Yes, trust me when they tell me big contributors from Igboland I just laugh at how they are continuing to discredit a candidate that is running on a basis of high moral and un- corruptible practices. They are just mad to think that Igbo's in business would forgot how they were once again attacked financially during his regimen. Tinubu and Buhari are both economic hitmen that is why they teamed up to try and operate the biggest 419 ever. Painting Buhari as a saint really shows they think we are mumu's.
Oh! Your grievance is that he prevent corruption by stopping some selected businessman from milking the masses dryv pele

1 Like

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Oh! Your grievance is that he prevent corruption by stopping some selected businessman from milking the masses dryv pele
Wettin your assesment of what Alhaji said? Stay on topic Tunji
all round misery: retrenchment of public sector workers, roll back in social services, particularly in the area of health care, the re-introduction of school fees, the closure of educational institutions, the re-imposition of certain obnoxious taxes and levies and the suspension of new capital projects.
All these have negative implications for the country’s long range development….with such deflationary policies as has been put in place by the Buhari regime, shows that we are headed for unmitigated disaster

Prove that the above quote is a lie. Buhari has no idea how to run a ministry, a country not even a organization that he calls Buahri Institute of Politics or whatever silly name he came up with grin has done one good thing for Nigerians. General MB was trained from east to west on how to kill, how to become an economic hitman, how to destroy, how to raise armies like Boko Harem. He himself admits that he is inadequate and has proven within reasonable doubt by his recent interviews to be clueless and close to dementia.

One more thing this Occultist dwarf Pastor that you people want to be President, ( I know they will pull another Yaradua) and his boy Chris are going to really be put to shame in the next few weeks, trust me both randy Pastors and wanna be Poli-tif, have bitten off more then they can chew this time,

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
My mother was forced to deliver me in the states because Buhari destroyed my families business by banning the imports of flour. My own crusade is not about party or tribe, but about truth and my families personal experience during Buhari's regimen. Maybe it was progress for the north but in the east it was a disastrous blow to industry and traders.
APC is a waste dump of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" that APC e-touts love to chant are now dumped.

I vote person not party GEJ is the only choice between the two, unless other parties bring forward a better candidate we will continue to work with this administration, and become the change we want to see. Leaders are a reflection of the people, if we don't change first, the system will continue to operate in the same matter.

GEJ until Nigerians take responsibility for the future in their own hands.
If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Buhari banned importation of flour to encourage local production which is beneficial to the economy. You don't knw what you want and if you criticize Buhari's import ban, it shows that you are one of the greedy Nigerian and an enemy of the state. All your rubbish can not displace facts and Buhari's economic record. By the way, I doubt if you have voters card. If not, travel home and register to vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
What is even sadder is what has this man ever done for the youth? What has he done for his community as far as development? At least OBJ used his own to create jobs in Nigeria. This man has done zero for the poor in the North, in fact all he does is promise to stop killing them if they vote him again in 2015. cry
Sadder? Is it a new word? A mistake? Or my teacher shortchanged me?
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:00am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
Sadder? Is it a new word? A mistake? Or my teacher shortchanged me?
Definitely short changed, for you to reason that an expired Warlord is the way forward in 2015 your parents should sue the school system grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
Buhari banned importation of flour to encourage local production which is beneficial to the economy. You don't knw what you want and if you criticize Buhari's import ban, it shows that you are one of the greedy Nigerian and an enemy of the state. All your rubbish can not displace facts and Buhari's economic record. By the way, I doubt if you have voters card. If not, travel home and register to vote.
First you have to produce the product before you ban it. Local production was sub-standard and the flour could not even rise! Do your homework! Counter what Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso wrote in his book if you can undecided

I have a voters card upload yours and I will upload mine just block the info and pic, always pretenders club, you people talk too much nonsense debate the topic.

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
Definitely short changed, for you to reason that an expired Warlord is the way forward in 2015 your parents should sue the school system grin
It is all about bringing back to power the man that once brought smiles on Nigerians. General Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
It is all about bringing back to power the man that once brought smiles on Nigerians. General Muhammadu Buhari
When were you born? Which Nigerians were smiling?So you think the bread shortage was only in Igboland?

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
First you have to produce the product before you ban it. Local production was sub-standard and the flour could not even rise! Do your homework I have a voters card upload yours and I will upload mine just block the info and pic.
There is nothing like substandard agricultural product. Local production of flour and others boomed in the 80s (thanks to the economic prowress of Muhammadu Buhari and Obj's OFN of late 70s). Again, you have no case against the General.

As for the Voters card, I was among the first set of Nigerians to be issued the card.
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
When were you born? Which Nigerians were smiling?So you think the brread shortage was only in Igboland?
Honey, you aren't expecting me a private citizen to disclose that through this medium. Are you?
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
There is nothing like substandard agricultural product. Local production of flour and others boomed in the 80s (thanks to the economic prowress of Muhammadu Buhari and Obj's OFN of late 70s). Again, you have no case against the General.

As for the Voters card, I was among the first set of Nigerians to be issued the card.
What did you mention OBJ shame on you embarassed
So are you saying the authors accounts are fake? Prove it to me what you posted is rubbish prove it right here. This same OBJ I will finish this hypocrite and followers like you.
OBJ is the worst criminal ever he stole tHe awarded N30.3 billion contract for the building of a dam at
Karhia, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory;
He had only N20,000 in his bank account before he was voted into power, according to El-rufai but after 8 yrs he became one of the richest men in the world

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
What did you mention OBJ shame on you embarassed
So are you saying the authors accounts are fake? Prove it to me what you posted is rubbish prove it right here.
Go read on Operation Feed the Nation grin
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2014
BTW barcanista since I said post proof and facts let me start with this administration on Agriculture.
Construction of Agric Skills Training Centre in Cross River state.
NDDC Ubana Utanga Water Project.
Qua Falls Dam and Irrigation Project, Dry season Farming and e – wallet system in the distribution of agricultural inputs to the farmers.
Construction of Model Skill Acquisition Centre and the Rehabilitation of Agric – skills Training Centre.
e – wallet system in the distribution of agricultural inputs to the farmers and the Dry Season farming projects.
Off the top of my head let me go and bring you more since Buhari has record and you have A+ grammar skills, let us debate this or get lost.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
Go read on Operation Feed the Nation grin
Go read how he used that money to build the biggest farm in sub-Sahara Africa, you must be kidding me you must think I'm one of those beautiful woman that don't read wink
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
BTW barcanista since I said post proof and facts let me start with this administration on Agriculture.
Off the top of my head let me go and bring you more since Buhari has record and you have A+ grammar skills, let us debate this or get lost.
My dear, I've never boasted or claimed having distinction in grammer or other subject. Btw: how does the above dispute the fact that Muhammadu Buhari managed properly our economy in the period he held sway as HoS?
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
Honey, you aren't expecting me a private citizen to disclose that through this medium. Are you?
Why not? You and your boys are busy looking for identities to intimidate the real opposition party, the youths that are finally progressing after years of being ruled by Northern Elites.

Your even here on OBJ's jock A man that was thrown out of power by GEJ is another reason he has my vote. You guys kill me with this prasie for a whole Obasanjo also that forced Nigerians to donate over N7 billion for his presidential library. Those donated are as follows:

1. Government functionaries donated N4 billion,
2. Oil majors operating in Nigeria put in US$20 million.
3. Consortium of banks – N622million;
4. 36 state governors – N360million;
5. Mike Adenuga - N250million;
7. Aliko Dangote - N200million;
8. Femi Otedola - N200million;
9. Nigerian Ports Authority - US$1million;
10. Ogun State governor - N100million;
11. Sunny Odogwu - N100million;
13. Arisekola Alao - N100million etc.

You guys are clowns I am just talking to you people to spread facts and information to those that actually use them to make decisions.
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
My dear, I've never boasted or claimed having distinction in grammer or other subject. Btw: how does the above dispute the fact that Muhammadu Buhari managed properly our economy in the period he held sway as HoS?
Prove he managed the economy. Nothing was wrong with it before he took over S1.00 to 1NGN. How did he manage the economy well? Show me proof!
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
Why not? You and your boys are busy looking for identities to intimidate the real opposition party, the youths that are finally progressing after years of being ruled by Northern Elites.

Your even here on OBJ's jock A man that was thrown out of power by GEJ is another reason he has my vote. You guys kill me with this prasie for a whole Obasanjo also that forced Nigerians to donate over N7 billion for his presidential library. Those donated are as follows:

1. Government functionaries donated N4 billion,
2. Oil majors operating in Nigeria put in US$20 million.
3. Consortium of banks – N622million;
4. 36 state governors – N360million;
5. Mike Adenuga - N250million;
7. Aliko Dangote - N200million;
8. Femi Otedola - N200million;
9. Nigerian Ports Authority - US$1million;
10. Ogun State governor - N100million;
11. Sunny Odogwu - N100million;
13. Arisekola Alao - N100million etc.

You guys are clowns I am just talking to you people to spread facts and information to those that actually use them to make decisions.
here we go again. I made mention of Obj's OFN not his entire Presidency. For the record, Obj performed below average as civilian President, but a "good" score as military head of state. However, he overwhelms Jonathan achievement since holding political office in 1999 till date. Jonathan has performed miserably by any standard. I am no fan of Obj, I support Muhammadu Buhari and not Olusegun Obasanjo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suddenly, Boko Haram Are No More / Kenneth Roth Of Human Rights Watch Reacts To 'Buhari Ignoring Court Orders' / Breaking News : Akwa Ibom Refinery To Produce 50,000 Barrels Of Oil Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.