Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA (2998 Views)

“I'll Do Anything To Have Genevieve Nnaji On My Bed”– Upcoming Artiste / ''Your Album Is The Worst Released By A Naija Artist Ever"- M.I Replies Etcetera / N30m To Do Serious Further Maths In Bed Is Too Small (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wizkid “In My Bed” is a total faliure and indeed the worse song of the Century - Etcetera

Six weeks ago, I was in Benin City to support a friend who was getting married that weekend. We drove down to Ugbowo campus of UNIBEN, laughing along the way at bini guys and the way they pronounce certain words. We got stuck in an unusual traffic jam and my friend who was driving, took the opportunity to reply his pings, pausing only to turn up the radio when Wizkid’s “In My Bed” came on. A few seconds later, he increased the volume even more. I accepted that since I was in his car, I had to endure his choice of songs.

So I listened, trying to figure out why he was interested in that particular song. Though the melody has this jingle-catchy feel, everything else about the song is horrible. The mix brought to mind those days when Nigerian studio engineers were still learning how to mix. The overall instrumentation is noisy with the kick pitched high, like a headache.

Played on F-sharp minor, which is a predominantly high key for most people, but the struggling syncopation over a lazy bass line weighs the whole song relentlessly down. My friends know that I have a crazy physical reaction to songs, mostly when I love it. In this instance, I was gasping for breath by the end, as if the song was trying to strangle me.

I thanked God I was still alive when it finally ended. But as the traffic lingered my friend put down his phone, this time to surf through radio stations. Again, he landed on “In My Bed.” That was when I really got scared, thinking I was going to pass out. This year, we have had a mix of both good and bad songs. Wizkid’s “In my bed” is one of those ear worms you don’t want to get into your brain space for three minutes and 46 seconds. Those who will say “WTF” is Etcetera saying? I want you to note that I have a zero interest in persuading you to agree with me. If you enjoy “In My Bed,” I won’t dream of changing your mind. I heard it again last weekend at my manager’s party, and for a second, I thought it was some kind of pain killer advert, because the radio station where I have my show, currently runs an ad that sounds like a more palatable version of it. My Christmas day was almost ruined when a caller on my show requested “In My Bed” for his girlfriend.

Because Christmas only comes once in a year, I decided to grant her wish, but as soon as I clicked play, I had the sort of physical reaction associated with someone suddenly coming in contact with bees. And before my mind could process what was happening, I hammered the stop button quickly, arrgh! If you are one of those who regard this song as a standard club track with all the necessary “thumps and bumps” and you are angry at my loathing of it, it doesn’t bother me at all. I have fantasised for weeks about punching this song in the eye, but unfortunately, the song doesn’t have a head, talkless of eyes. How can one song cram in so many failed decisions per minute? One minute you are trying to woo a girl into your bed, the next, you are saying Tinubu eleniyan, Fashola eleniyan. What has Tinubu eleniyan got to do with getting her in your bed? Are you pimping her to Tinubu or to the other names you mentioned in the song? There’s nothing wrong with praise singing if you do it right. “In My Bed” sounds like a guy trying so hard to get it right and therefore getting it all wrong. You packed in the same overused lines “Anywhere I go all my people show me love / And people trying to bad mouth me.

Don’t you think by now, we’ve heard enough of your sniffy little screech of being chased by enemies? It is boring already. Even a connoisseur of pop trash won’t find anything to like about a song like this. “In My Bed” is one song you don’t need to know the lyrics, you may want to shield your friends and loved ones from its strange concoction. It is indeed the worse song of this or any other year. Oh sorry, this year is not over yet, so it’s theoretically possible a worse contender could emerge, but I doubt it. Let’s put it this way, if placed in comparison with any of Artquake’s songs, it would still be a distant second. I can’t remember the last time there was a hit song this whack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Neldrizzy(m): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Etcetera don come again with him wahala cheesycheesy
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 12:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmmm..... Just saying his mind though
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by sucreblazing(m): 12:20am On Dec 29, 2014
this guy better follow the trend and make cool money...

for hin talk sef, hin no get ride ....Mtcheeeee

Just imagine what will happen if the angel who as been
holding the trumpet to christ's second coming For over
2000yrs decide to test if the trumpet is still working...
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2014
sucreblazing:
this guy better follow the trend and make cool money...

for hin talk sef, hin no get ride ....Mtcheeeee

Just imagine what will happen if the angel who as been
holding the trumpet to christ's second coming For over
2000yrs decide to test if the trumpet is still working...

funny bro.... Na only God know how that day go be like
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by timijoseph01(m): 12:44am On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmmm.... U may be right.. But u 4got nigerians dnt care
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Richiy(f): 12:51am On Dec 29, 2014
The most annoying thing happens when people who are not even doing the "right" thing starts judging and criticising others.

Oga E, what foundation have you laid for wizkid to emulate?
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by infobiz9ja(m): 2:02am On Dec 29, 2014
I read this piece & laughed hard, why because Etcetera is both right & funny @ d same time. Hilarious piece by Etcetera.
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Afrok(m): 2:25am On Dec 29, 2014
Well Etcetera that is Nigeria music for U, we have the good, the bad and etcetera undecided.
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by fijiano202(m): 2:43am On Dec 29, 2014
i still dont get what people like abt the song
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Yustash001(m): 6:33am On Dec 29, 2014
True....In the beginning...I was enjoying the song...until I heard fashola eleniyan,wizzy eleniyan....I was like mehn...when you are not singing fuji....
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by sucreblazing(m): 8:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Tompeters:
funny bro.... Na only God know how that day go be like

Na true u talk ooo my brother
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
sucreblazing:

Na true u talk ooo my brother
Lol.. No b small tin
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Lilamartedi(f): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
All I'm saying!.. I will never understand the relationship between wizkid's bed and fashola
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lilamartedi:
All I'm saying!.. I will never understand the relationship between wizkid's bed and fashola
Lmaoo..funny comment..
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Lilamartedi(f): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
SuperMartins:
Lmaoo..funny comment..
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tval(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
The song lyrics is trash no doubt about that but e.t.c wey run comot for music as he no make am sef dey talk
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lilamartedi:

Abi na g*y him Don dey do....lol

No be me talk am oh
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Moz22: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
d kid sang arrant rubbish in that song..
Yustash001:
True....In the beginning...I was enjoying the song...until I heard fashola eleniyan,wizzy eleniyan....I was like mehn...when you are not singing fuji....
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Promking: 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
Okay!, lets have a look at the the lyrics

"In My Bed"
Aro o
Shoki
Shoki
Wizzy
Americana wonder
The way you whine your body
Gimme thunder
Girl, I go follow you bumper to bumper
Girl, I go follow you bumper to fender
Oh baby ohh whine your waist
Girl, I promise to be your defender
Girl, I go love january to december
Tell dem hater, send back to sender
Oh baby oh whine your waist
Oh baby oh whine your waist
Oh baby, you make me craze
Oh baby, you make me craze
Girl, I be loving you everyday
Girl, i'm loving you everyday
Let nothing come our way
Let nothing come our way
I want your body sleeping in my bed e
You got me going crazy
Oh girl, I can't explain it
Your body so insane
Oh girl, I can't replace you
You gat me going crazy
Ohh girl, I can't explain it
Your body so insane
Ohh girl, I can't replace you
Balogun eleniyan
Wizzy eleniyan
Ogunmola eleniyan
Agbaje eleniyan
Fashola eleniyan
Tinubu eleniyan
Otedola eleniyan
Ah wizzy eleniyan
Bana eleniyan
Baruwa eleniyan
Igimu eleniyan
Aluko eleniyan
Aliko eleniyan
Saraki eleniyan
Agbaje eleniyan
Ah wizzy eleniyan
Oh blessing follow me
Everywhere I go, I'm serving the living God
And everywhere, I go all my people show me love
Just tell me the reason gan
And so people still try to bad mouth me
Just tell me the reason gan
Shey na because God dey blessing everyday
Just tell me your feeling gan
Oh anytime, they hear my song
They say I'm amazing gan
And people dem know say wizzy baby bad
Them say I'm the baddest gan
But some people think say dem bad pass me
But nobody badder gan
And any party wey I go
I march up the place
I turn on the feeling gan
You got me going crazy
Balogun eleniyan
Wizzy eleniyan
Ogunmola eleniyan
Agbaje eleniyan
Fashola eleniyan
Tinubu eleniyan
Otedola eleniyan
Ah wizzy eleniyan
Bana eleniyan
Baruwa eleniyan
Igimu eleniyan
Aluko eleniyan
Aliko eleniyan
Saraki eleniyan
Agbaje eleniyan
Ah wizzy eleniyan
Aro o
Shoki
Wizzy

Mehn, this is one repetiton stricken lyrics

Blatant Rubbish!!
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Aikon: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
No doubt.

But What is Etcetera himself?

A Perennial failure.

He's never seen lime light before
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Promking:

Blatant Rubbish!!
Everywhere I go, I'm serving the living God

I wonder what this line got to do with a girl in his bed abi he's now trying to say God loves what he's doing....
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Promking:

Blatant Rubbish!!
. One minute he was asking for a girls body in his bed, next minute he started hailing fashola and the rest of them.......fiam! He started thanking God! He jump again and started compainin of all you bad mouth nairalanders!!!! Hehehe.....2moro he wil come n tell us he wrote a song for rihana
Re: Wizkid “in My Bed” Is A Total Faliure -ETCETERA by Tompeters(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2014
ken3000000:
. One minute he was asking for a girls body in his bed, next minute he started hailing fashola and the rest of them.......fiam! He started thanking God! He jump again and started compainin of all you bad mouth nairalanders!!!! Hehehe.....2moro he wil come n tell us he wrote a song for rihana
Lack of common sense.. No b him fault

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrested A Women On Drink-driving Charge And Found Out She Has 3 Boobs / Take A Look At Golden Human Being Who Shared Her Massive Bobs On View. / Nadia Buari Shows Off Her Sexy Figure In New Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.