Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains (51652 Views)

Tweet Of The Morning: Nigerian Trains (Screenshot) / GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains / The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by niceone3(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
nice one. it can only get better
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ahaika23: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Oh, I just found this. http://www.nrc-ng.org/services&w=passenger-train-schedule
ahaika23:
move your neck away. grin grin grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, I hope these info sought for can be found on their site if they have one yet. For all those of you who are jobless even with your skill in site development, why not do a proposal to create a website for the railway where intending passengers can get booking info. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ahaika23: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
No information on ph - enugu yet. Needs to be updated asap. grin grin grin grin grin
ahaika23:
Oh, I just found this. http://www.nrc-ng.org/services&w=passenger-train-schedule
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Yunus2012(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
ochejoseph:
It took GEJ 2 years to complete the Complex Abuja - kaduna High speed rail line with multiple state of the art train stations along the route!

It took 2 years to revive a comatose rail system bringing back the kano Lagos line which for over 18 years have been in non existent 
The Enugu mass transit city rail system and the Enugu- Port harcourt rail line is up and fully delivering the desired dividends to Nigerians 

Now compare with this 

Buhari cancelled the lagos rail system initiated by Jakande a system that would have solved the grid lock issues of Lagos, today lagosians are still paying for the indiscretion of that semi literate cattle herder 

Fashola 

He seats on the largest IGR in Nigeria netting over 12 Billion excluding VAT and FGN allocation! 

He has been constructing an intercity  metro rail project for  8 good years, despite his visit to some tokunbo trains in Canada, there is still no sign of his trains 

Amaechi 

Here comes the foolish one! this one has a non functional grey matter he has liquidated Rivers state in search of non existent positions, till date he has spent Billions on 1 KM  metro(mono) rail project that is not going anywhere leaving port harcourt in shambles 

Yet these folks go around telling people not vote Jonathan! 

May God Help us to vote wisely 
ochejoseph:
It took GEJ 2 years to complete the Complex Abuja - kaduna High speed rail line with multiple state of the art train stations along the route!

It took 2 years to revive a comatose rail system bringing back the kano Lagos line which for over 18 years have been in non existent 
The Enugu mass transit city rail system and the Enugu- Port harcourt rail line is up and fully delivering the desired dividends to Nigerians 

Now compare with this 

Buhari cancelled the lagos rail system initiated by Jakande a system that would have solved the grid lock issues of Lagos, today lagosians are still paying for the indiscretion of that semi literate cattle herder 

Fashola 

He seats on the largest IGR in Nigeria netting over 12 Billion excluding VAT and FGN allocation! 

He has been constructing an intercity  metro rail project for  8 good years, despite his visit to some tokunbo trains in Canada, there is still no sign of his trains 

Amaechi 

Here comes the foolish one! this one has a non functional grey matter he has liquidated Rivers state in search of non existent positions, till date he has spent Billions on 1 KM  metro(mono) rail project that is not going anywhere leaving port harcourt in shambles 

ochejoseph:

Now compare with this 

Fashola 

Amaechi 

The govt and its supporters had always want us to belief that he conceptualise and effect every good things in the country while not being a party to any of its problems. The foundation of this success was laid by Yaradua.
Did anyone even border to dig into the actual operations of these trains? I càn tell you about them. the trains you s33 in the pix are of those coaches imported earlier this year. they cost 3x more than the regular one. The regular ones are not efficient or timely. they keep them on standby for hours at a time without any information or explanation while the express trains run on schedule most time 75% empty. sometimes when people are feed up waiting they squeeze themselves to pay the 3x extra.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ahaika23: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
did you miss your drugs again? grin grin grin grin grin
Yunus2012:
[color=#006600][/color]

The govt and its supporters had always want us to belief that he conceptualise and effect every good things in the country while not being a party to any of its problems. The foundation of this success was laid by Yaradua.
Did anyone even border to dig into the actual operations of these trains? I càn tell you about them. the trains you s33 in the pix are of those coaches imported earlier this year. they cost 3x more than the regular one. The regular ones are not efficient or timely. they keep them on standby for hours at a time without any information or explanation while the express trains run on schedule most time 75% empty. sometimes when people are feed up waiting they squeeze themselves to pay the 3x extra.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
ahaika23:
move your neck away. grin grin grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, I hope these info sought for can be found on their site if they have one yet. For all those of you who are jobless even with your skill in site development, why not do a proposal to create a website for the railway where intending passengers can get booking info. grin grin grin grin grin

thanks just did and was impressed

http://www.nrc-ng.org/

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ahaika23: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
you are welcome. WHat are GEJ fans for, if not to assist one another. grin grin grin grin grin
hisblud:

thanks just did and was impressed

http://www.nrc-ng.org/
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by hapiness44(f): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
akpanakwaibom:
.......................................................................................................................750 naira is from ilorin kwara state to lagos and it is very very cheap.cos because buses and mini van are from 2000 naira up
I use the train everyday,I know what I am saying dear.the new trains that are AC tight cost #750 from ijoko to iddo,while the old rickety ones that 80% of commuters follow,cost #230,that is the fact.

1 Like

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
donnypool:

use your vote eat pepper soup
Stupidity is deadly
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by spinna: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nigeria's Brand New ModernTrains
I saw this beautiful machine in Ikeja .After about 35 years of non existence due to bad leadership, Nigerian trains are back ! It's a laudable achievement . ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvrhwDBefo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
OEmperor:

Stupidity is deadly

use your opinion win award
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
spinna:
I saw this beautiful machine in Ikeja .After about 35 years of non existence due to bad leadership, Nigerian trains are back ! It's a laudable achievement . ...

this is bad a.s.s, please open a new thread for this sir

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by akpanakwaibom: 4:59am On Dec 31, 2014
from iddo to ijoko is how much by bus.how many hours is it with the bus.also from iddo to ijoko is how much with the train and how many hours.cos me i dnt use train within lagos but interstate Lagos to kwara state and back
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by ahaika23: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by jamace(m): 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Up GEJ! Haters should go and die. cheesy
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by backtosender: 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Another pix from ibadan to lagos APC people are really enjoying GEJ administration more than us from SS/SE

5 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by deji68: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
...so Transformation reach ibadan too...kini shoow grin
backtosender:
Another pix from ibadan to lagos APC people are really enjoying GEJ administration more than us from SS/SE
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by IGBOSON1: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2015
spinna:

^^^This is nice! Though they need to clean up demarcate and fence all railway property (stations and tracks) from the rest of the public, and ensure there's a high level of safety and security! I don't like the way just about anybody can walk into the stations, trains and on to the tracks with ease!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by laudate: 11:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
ahaika23:

Bros, I checked the same website and a lot of the information was grossly inadequate. Lagos has more than 15 million people, yet there is NO information on the intra-city rail movement within the city. This is more than 3 years after train services were revived by the NRC team picked by GEJ. When will a clear and accurate passenger schedule be published online? Maybe, after the next 10 years... undecided shocked

And then this last piece of info made me laugh: "Lagos - Ilorin (Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays) Departs Iddo 09.00hrs - Arrives Ilorin 18.34hrs of same day."

So it takes 9 hours to make a trip from Lagos to Ilorin??

Kai! Is this train moving or crawling, biko?
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by laudate: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
akpanakwaibom:
from iddo to ijoko is how much by bus.how many hours is it with the bus.also from iddo to ijoko is how much with the train and how many hours.cos me i dnt use train within lagos but interstate Lagos to kwara state and back

There are NO mass transit train services (MTT) from Iddo to Ijoko. This has been the response from the Iddo terminal for the past 3 months... shocked

Only the DMT coaches run once a day to Ibadan, and make a stop-over at Ijoko. And that service is epileptic. It may run today, and be grounded tomorrow. It is quite irregular.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by laudate: 12:03am On Jan 07, 2015
Feraz:
Please, explain it to them. They think it's just about setting it up and using at once. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not think our budget can handle those kinda trains.

And what year or in which century, will your budget be adequate to handle high speed trains? angry Even countries with a lower budget and lower population, have implemented HSR. Why is it that some people feel that Nigerians do not deserve world-class infrastructure?

You sound like David Mark did in the nineties, when he declared nonchalantly that "telephone services are not for the poor!" IBB came in, deregulated the telecoms market and what happened? Even cleaners and cattle rearers now carry GSM phones. grin

Abeg, make una park well jare....if you don't know how to attract international financing for your major projects, then please just walk on by! angry

LRNZH:

Na so we dey see am.
Look at what other countries achieve with their funds

https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-unreleased-pwc-audit-report-what

Sycophants are jumping here.

Bros na true word you talk, jare. I read that thread and felt like crying. Other countries that gotten their act together, have been able to build HSR. Yet, Nigeria still keeps chasing different amounts of money all over the place claiming every other day that "20 billion USD is missing' or XYZ amount cant be found, when such funds would be enough to provide HSR for the country.
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by CaseyA(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
The Nigeria Railway has been neglected for some decades now.
An industry that served Nigerians so well... But thank God... We can now Smile.
The Trains are back.
But for an industry that was in existence in the dark days of NO internet.
There is NOT much provided online. So with this crowd sourcing blog cum portal we hope
to guide all those intending to take a Train ride. Just visit
http://www.naijarailway..com
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by laudate: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
CaseyA:
The Nigeria Railway has been neglected for some decades now.
An industry that served Nigerians so well... But thank God... We can now Smile.
The Trains are back.
But for an industry that was in existence in the dark days of NO internet.
There is NOT much provided online. So with this crowd sourcing blog cum portal we hope
to guide all those intending to take a Train ride. Just visit
http://www.naijarailway..com

Bros, I checked the portal and was embarrassed. Too many spelling errors & grammatical mistakes. Kindly correct them.

The correct word is 'Corporation' and NOT 'Coperation.' undecided

"Nigerian' is the correct spelling, and not 'Nigeran' in the second sentence where you stated that "Nigeran Railway Trains Back and Better..." sad

Finally, your blog still does not contain any information that is different from the NRC website. Imagine, there is no schedule or rates showing the cost per trip for train rides from Lagos Iddo Terminal to Ikeja or to Ebute Metta Junction. It is so sad....more than 3 years later, nothing is being done to educate the citizenry or create awareness about how much it costs to take a train ride within Lagos, or go by rail from Lagos to Abeokuta or Ijoko-Otta. angry

I will not even mention the possibility of booking train rides online, as I know it does not even exist in the agenda of the NRC management.

And some people are being paid to run the NRC. Dia ris God oh!
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by realjoker(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
temitemi1:
Who says this man is not coming back grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
three ehya for temitemi1.
ehya! Ehya! Ehya!!

2 Likes

Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
spinna:
The environment is dirty. A person can easily contact a disease from there. Why do Nigerians neglect the environment when building infrastructure? It is very annoying. The video is disturbing my eyes! angry angry angry angry angry cry cry
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by laudate: 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
donnypool:

use your opinion win award

Very funny!! grin
Re: The Trains Are Back Look: At People Enjoying Nigerian Trains by tsdarkside(m): 2:31am On Sep 17, 2015
looks very good... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Governor Mohammed Abubakar Stoning The Devil During Pilgrimage In Mecca. Photos / We Didn’t Grant Atiku Visa Says American Embassy - Independent.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.