Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Meet Naija Queen Of Beads In London, Ayo Laotan - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Meet Naija Queen Of Beads In London, Ayo Laotan (1107 Views)

My Gallery Of Beads And Handmade Crafts. (beads Haven) / Princess Jessica-Anyansi Crowned Queen Of Aso World 2015 (Photos) / Meet The Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2015 Contestants- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Naija Queen Of Beads In London, Ayo Laotan by bustyhelen(f): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
She is not one of the London Babes who make noise about what they do. She is cool, calm and collected. That is the story of Ayo Laotan, the CEO of Emmas Ornaments. She is a big name in the beading business in the City of London. Recently, this pretty babe spoke to City People Publisher, SEYE KEHINDE, about her business.

Congrats on the anniversary of your brand, how has it been?
Thank you! It’s been good I bless God although it’s not easy to juggle the Homefront, work, and the business together (especially when the business is still in its early days) but i ascribe all glory to God for strength determination and consistency.

Tell us your success story?
Hmm my success story, where do I start from? I started Emmas ornaments in the year 2013 after taking a course in bag making, I started making african print fabric bags clutches and purses then I added fabric earrings, the business was a bit slow at the time because only a few people were interested in what I was doing, then I did a course in bead making pardon me to say the oyinbo way!

How did you get into making beads?
Born out of my passion for crafts I did some courses here in the uk for beginners (beading) but as we all know they do not wear multilayered necklaces, I tired a couple of times to try my hands on it but I was not getting the desired results then I consulted my cousin in lagos Moyo Sobitan (sugarplum) who then told me what I wasn’t doing right I followed her tutelage and here I am today.

Do London babes appreciate beads?
Oh yes they do! But we just have issues with pricing because they believe they can get it from Nigeria cheaper.

How did you coin d name of your company?
Emmas is the abbreviation of my children’s English names Emmanuel and Emmanuella.

How do you plan to celebrate it?
We plan to celebrate it In a special way by celebrating those who have supported the business and have consistently come back and colleagues in the industry.

Re: Meet Naija Queen Of Beads In London, Ayo Laotan by Dreyl(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Original Weide Sport Watches Comes With Watch Box Set / Top Craziest Ankara Inspiration For Ladies / Beautiful Made In Nigeria Bracelets By @bravadobracelets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.