Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:29 AM

Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT (781 Views)

Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by TRUTHTELA: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
I saw recent publications by some airheads bragging about how one, Folorunsho Alakija, has taken over Oprah Winfrey, as the richest black woman.

You can jump off from the roof celebrating Alakija, ( a Tailor/Mistress), but your celebration only depicts who you are, your values and how much of a HYPOCRITE, BIAS and IGNORANCE individual that you are.

In the world where I belonged, Ms Alakija, is not different from Asari, Tompolo and all other rogues that have benefited from GEJ.

Your heroes or the so called "billionaires " from your tribe are simple ROGUES, PAUPERS, and OPPORTUNIST that looted Nigeria after the civil war, their military friends (Head of States), allocated oil wells and awarded billions of contracts to, and you grew up to hear their names as "millionaires and billionaires", E.g, Ms Alakija, Obasanjo, Danjuma, IBB, Gusua, Mai-Deribe, Atiku, Dangote, Otedola,Bola Shagaya, Dantata, Abdulmutallab, Abacha's family, and thousands of others that littered your region.

Now, all the names I mentioned above, have one thing in common, with Tompolo, Asari and co, ALL OF THEM ARE SITTING ON STOLEN and ILLEGALLY ACQUIRED WEALTH THAT BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA ( Niger_Delta, to be precise). Regardless of what you think of the Niger Delta, FREEDOM FIGHTERS, their fight and agitation were JUSTIFIED and SUPPORTED by the local populace, US/UK and the international community, hence , THE AMNESTY.

Jonathan, enriched his boys, the same way Northern Generals, enriched Dangote, Atiku , Danjuma, Bola Shagaya, Folorunsho Alakija & co. The same way Obj, enriched Femi Otedola, Andy Uba and co. You think they're "militants" and they don't deserve their own contracts and millions? But a Ms Alakija ( a TAILOR), deserve hers rite? Maybe, because some rogues are college graduates, they deserve to STEAL, LOOT and ILLEGALLY acquire oil blocks and these ones are "TOUTS", they don't deserve it? HYPOCRISY! DOUBLE STANDARD!! INSULT!!!

Nigerians are insulting Oprah, by mentioning her name with the likes of Alakija, Oprah, is EDUCATED, Oprah, built an EMPIRE LEGITIMATELY from nothing. Oprah, is BLACK AMERICAN, meaning, she pull down RACIST barriers to make it. Oprah, became a billionaire before USA, had it's first black president ( no friend in white house). Oprah's sources of wealth is an INSPIRATION to millions and will continue to be for generations to come. Can you say the same of Ms Alakija's sources of wealth? Oprah, is a GLOBAL BRAND, Presidents and world leaders reckon with her. Besides one magazine writing about her illegal wealth, Who is Folorusnho Alakija, in the global arena?

Just like other GENUINE billionaires here in USA, they're not afraid of giving back to their society. Oprah, built a WORLD CLASS all girls college in South Africa, she funds it 100% and that college pick the best brains from poor homes and empower to go and conquer the world. Hundreds of lives are been saved from Oprah's philanthropic gestures. Oprah, rejected the idea of building her school in Nigeria, she said, " THAT"S VERY ROTTEN SOCIETY.

Have you asked yourselves, why are the so called "billionaires" in Nigeria so scared of giving back, the way Bill Gate, Oprah and co gives back? Because they are PAUPERS, they ILLEGALLY acquired their wealth, hence, they're scared of losing 100 Naira. If you know any "Yahoo-Yahoo" boy, they rarely do any GOOD, it's only on CARS, GIRLS (sex) OR they want you to get drunk. It's the same with your "billionaires".

Because, of ABJECT POVERTY and PENURY that the average Nigerian suffers on the daily basis, the international community, reputable organizations and individuals outside Nigeria, have no REGARDS and HONOR for Nigerian ROGUES ( billionaires). No person of CONSCIENCE can reconcile Nigeria's wealth and Nigerians poverty. The likes of Ms Alakija, are all over Russia, Middle East, Libya and they always head to London, USA and other sane countries to flaunt their wealth, that's all they do, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

Do not OR stop identifying Oprah, with Ms Folorunsho Alakija, they're not on the same league, ( night and day). Ms Alakija, should and will continue to be compared with Asari, Tompolo, Danujma, Obasanjo Dangote and all other rogues that RAPED Nigeria to death. Whether they were Generals, Tailors and "Ex-Militants", it doesn't matter, to Objective Men of CONSCIENCE like me, THEY ALL ACQUIRED ILLEGAL WEALTH. If a General, didn't have the DISCIPLINE and INTEGRITY to serve Nigeria, without LOOTING and STEALING from Nigeria, I don't see any difference between that your "General" and Ex-Militants. What's the difference? In SANE societies, both of them would have been PRISON MATES.

USA billionaires built there wealth from scratch , they invent things, they make history, they change the world, they win awards, they export their ideas to the other continents, they stay humble, they give back to the society and the world, their wealth pass from generation to generation, which Nigeria " BILLIONAIRE " fits into all that I mentioned ? If Nigeria can get Thomas Sankara or Jerry Rawlings, this your M Folorunsho Alakija, will flee ( if the West, helps Nigeria to CONFISCATE her LOOT), in ten years time she and her kids will be broke. Is this life?

Stop the hypocrisy and double standard, you praise Otedola, Dangote, Danjuma, Obj, Alakija and co. and you had the AUDACITY to complain about Tompolo? Please! Until, Y'all call your OWN tribesmen the rogues that they are, question their wealth, and challenge them to return their loot. Don't call anyone corrupt and don't compare ROGUES with Oprah Winfrey. I'm glad that this GENERATION are beginning to question Ms Alakija, and others, " HOW DID HE OR SHE MADE THEIR MONEY?? The next step will be, SHE/THEY MUST RETURN IT.

I careless, about you and your "billionaires". I only wanted to separate Oprah's wealth , from Rogues. She's not in that league. Whatever you accused the Ex-militants for, Folorusnho Alakija and co is guilty of it too.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by chamboy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bro I understand, I don't celebrate the listed.. I even hate it when ppl do.. This Guys ruined Us whether any one likes it or not. Dangote is part of our problem

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by bamidele029: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
I believe most people on that thread condemned the source of wealth of Alakija,infact very few statements were praising her and I'm sure some of the comments condemning her source of wealth were from people from her tribe just like me .People on Nairaland constantly condemn Otedola also and people always point out that monopoly gave Dangote unfair advantage. Infact there was a post on Otedola's daughter on Bella naija today and both Yorubas and others mentioned that we should stop celebrating those who looted Nigeria.

The problem with nairaland is you guys always seem to make everything about tribe And that is very sad because that is what these looters are using against us, the youths instead of condemning all looters are focussing on tribe while they keep looting.

Let us simply condemn everyone with stolen money regardless of where they are from

7 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by bamidele029: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Double post
Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by oduastates: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Corrupt is not applicable.
Asari is a village idiottt, the likes of which are disregarded.
Men like him hijacked the struggle of Saron Wiwa and co.
On all those so called oil barons,I am waiting for the president who would sieze all those oil blocs and facilities and vest in the federal government. Was that not the reason NNPC was created? Do exactly the same thing putin did in Russia,
Let them all go and build biscuit factories.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by LogicPower(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Looters are looters, regardless of their TRIBES, RELIGIONS and REGIONS!

A heartless Northern Muslim Hausa-fulani looter is AS EVIL-MINDED and MORALLY BANKRUPT as a heartless Southern Christian Igbo, Ijaw or Yoruba looter!

And the victims of the MASSIVE looting in Nigeria are long-suffering MASSES of all tribes, religions and regions.

That is why ALL men and women of CONSCIENCE, irrespective of their tribes, religions and regions, should CONDEMN ALL heartless looters, regardless of the looters' tribes, religions or regions!

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by chamboy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
okiezman:
Gej till 2019

Buhari is a satan

Tinubu is an owl

Osibanjo is a thief like tinubu that why they mingle together. If he's a pastor then light and darkness has nothing in comon cos tinubu and buhari is darkness themselves
As it gotten to this level, u beta take ur pills

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigerians should STOP comparing Ms Alakia with Oprah Winfrey.INSULT by BluStreak(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
superb analysis. You couldn't have said it any better my man.

(1) (Reply)

If You Support Buhari What Is Wrong With You? / Fashola Blast Jonathan: 'get Out Of The Kitchen, If It Is Becoming Too Hot ... / Boko Haram Pledges Support For Buhari And Threatens Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.