Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo (730 Views)

Fire Incident At NNPC Station In Kaduna (Photos) / Photos From The Heavy Fire Incident At NNPC Super Mega Station In Abuja Today / Nigerian Quads Celebrate Uk First Graduates With Masters Degrees From Same Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo by Harbdulrasaq(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ahead of the 2015 general elections, Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo has told the Independent National Electoral Commission that his Bachelors and Masters degrees certificates in Architecture obtained from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, have been consumed by fire.

Sambo, who is the running mate to President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, made the declaration in the documents he filed with INEC and displayed at the commission’s office in Abuja, although the details of the fire disaster that consumed the documents were not stated.

Sambo’s papers were received and stamped in INEC headquarters between December 10 and 18, 2014.

The VP’s declaration was validated by two letters from the authorities at the A.B.U Zaria.

The first letter, signed by one Alhassan Garba for the institution’s registrar under the title, “To Whom it may Concern: Mohammed Namani Sambo”, read, “I certify that the above-named person having completed an approved course of study and passed the prescribed examinations was awarded the Bachelor of Science (Architecture) with Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in 1976 by the Senate of this University. His original certificate got burnt. Please treat his case in view of this certification. Thank you”.

The second letter, also signed by Garba for the registrar of the institution read, “I certify that the above-named person having completed an approved course of study and passed the prescribed examinations was awarded the Master of Science (Architecture) on May 25, 1978 by the Senate of this University. His original certificate got burnt. Please treat his case in view of this certification. Thank you”.

Read more: http://www.edificationinfo.com/my-bachelors-masters-degrees-certificates-got-burnt-in-fire-incident-sambo-tells-inec/#ixzz3NJXkDNkS
Re: My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo by christaddicted: 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Really? Chai..
Re: My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo by Eziachi: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Did he file the fire report as well? Next person will now claim that a hungry goat ate his.
With Nigeria politicians, who needs Jon Stewart? Amazing gig stuff they come out with.
Re: My Bachelors, Masters Degrees Certificates Got Burnt In Fire Incident – Sambo by FrankC3: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Eziachi:
grin grin grin grin
Did he file the fire report as well? Next person will now claim that a hungry goat ate his.
With Nigeria politicians, who needs Jon Stewart? Amazing gig stuff they come out with.

If you had read the report carefully, you would have noted that the registrar of ABU have certified that he attended the University within the period contained in his claim and also identified the incident that befell original copies of his certificates as the reason he is re-certifying his records. I don't know exactly the part you are having problems understanding. With your exposure, I expect you to know that such re-certification as was issued by the school registrar is subject to at least 2 documents: Police report to the respect of the fire incident and a court affidavit. I know because I once had cause to re-certify a lost document.

We have been around on this forum for a while and I have reasons to respect your deep sense of history. However, I think your recent postings are no more as powered by insights as they were few years ago.

(1) (Reply)

“pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari / BREAKING: Youth Set Jonathan's Campaign Bus Ablaze In Jos / #BreakingNews!!! Jonathan, Obasanjo, Adeboye, Oyedepo Meet In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.