Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,643 members, 7,958,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? (2179 Views)

Reg 2003 Acura Auto Ac 550k 08035157879 :-kings Auto / Transport Your Vehicles From America To Nigeria With BV Shipping Sarl / Buy And Start Enjoying Your Drive Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? by Kay1kay1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
Please I'd like to seek opinions from owners of Acura vehicles which are not more than 5years old.How available are spare parts in Nigeria?Are Acura spare parts compatible with those of Honda vehicles? How cost effective is servicing?Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2009
bump
Re: Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 23, 2009
Would be nice to hear from Acura owners, any information?
Re: Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? by Hounslow(m): 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2009
I would not advice buying the Acura vehicles if you are in Nigeria. The Acura line is exclusive to the United States. I have owned the Acura MDX at some point and also own the Acura TL, the maintenance code that shows up on the dashboard can only be cleared by the Acura dealership, so if there is no dealership in Nigeria you are stuck with that code. Also, the Acura TL and MDX are made for premium gasoline. If you put any other grade of gasoline, it is only a matter of time before the oxygen sensor starts packing up on you.

The parts are expensive as with all luxury vehicles and I doubt if you will easily find them in Nigeria.

The Acura vehicles are fun to drive but not very cheap to maintain. The Acura TL is a sport vehicle and uses low profile tires which could run you about 200 dollars for one. They wear out quicker than regular tires also. If you are not driving on a paved road all the time, you will damage the vehicle in no time. By the way, you cannot substitute the Acura parts with the Honda ones.

I hope at least this helps. Best of luck.

Hounslow.

1 Like

Re: Acura Auto Owners In The House,are You Enjoying Your Vehicles? by benez6(m): 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2009
thats funny , i was thinking of buyin a TL
Thanks for the info

Man proposes, Nairaland gives more info, God disposes,

grin

(1) (Reply)

2007 Hyundai Tucson(registrd)------1.85m / 2005 Kia Rio For Good Sales! Check it out. HONDA IS SOLD / Nigerian Used 99 Toyota Camry(tiny Light)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.