Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? (6836 Views)

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die?

http://carm.org/how-jesus-god-die
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
Jesus is not God. I thought this Trinity belief is archaic. undecided

4 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by 3DCYCLOPS: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
When you get to church on sunday..ask you pastor.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
he came in a human body?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Day11(m): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Xo many question?

Drop religion & serve what ever you believe.

God is LOVE!

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

It's a foregone conclusion that Jesus is God.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

It's a foregone conclusion that Jesus is God.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

Are you saying, without mincing words, that Jesus is God? smiley Wow

What Bible translation is that?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

Are you saying, without mincing words, that Jesus is God? smiley Wow

Absolutely!

MzNelly:

What Bible translation is that?

The authorised version.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
feran14:

he came in a human body?

Yes. If you were around 2,000 years ago you would have seen Him. cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Day11:

Xo many question?

Drop religion & serve what ever you believe.

God is LOVE!

Religion doesn't have the answers, Jesus does. wink
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Absolutely!

The authorised version.

Jesus is indeed a God; A Mighty God. [Isaiah 9:6]. But He is NOT the ALMIGHTY.

If he were, you wouldn't have such doubts. He always gave credit to his Father, rather than receive such praises himself. And if he were God, it would be a little ridiculous for him to proclaim "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", wouldn't it? [Luke 23:34]

It would also be beyond silly to pray to the Almighty God, since He is God, now wouldn't it? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

Do you have two Gods? undecided

"I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me" (Isaiah 45:5).

MzNelly:

If he were, you wouldn't have such doubts. He always gave credit to his Father, rather than receive such praises himself. And if he were God, it would be a little ridiculous for him to proclaim "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", wouldn't it? [Luke 23:34]

It would also be beyond silly to pray to the Almighty God, since He is God, now wouldn't it? undecided

I do not doubt the Word of God. The Son gives credit to the Father just as the Father and the Holy Spirit give credit to the Son.

"But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom" (Hebrew 1:8.)

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (John 17:4-5).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by ichuka(m): 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Philip2: 5 In your relationships with one
another, have the same mindset as
Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature[ a ] God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be used to his own
advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[ b ] of a
servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a
man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Verse6 said He has same nature as God meaning He cant die.
Verse 7 says He emptied His Godly nature and took the nature of a man.so He can be eligible to die.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you have two Gods? undecided

"I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me" (Isaiah 45:5).

I do not doubt the Word of God. The Son gives credit to the Father just as the Father and the Holy Spirit give credit to the Son.

"But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom" (Hebrew 1:8.)

"God" is a title. So yes, there are thousands of Gods and Lords.

That Scripture talks about another thing entirely. It refers to Jesus ruling the heavenly Kingdom, which in no way makes him the Almighty as this was granted him.

"Jesus said:......The Father is greater than I." ---John 14:28

"...The head of Christ is God." ---1 Corinthians 11:3

If you insist that Jesus is God and they share equal powers, do explain these Scriptures.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:
Jesus claim to shere the glory with God before time begin.
◄ John 17:5 ►
New American Standard Bible
"Now, Father, glorify Me together with
Yourself, with the glory which I had with
You before the world was.

If Jesus is not God, then who is he?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
Jesus claim to shere the glory with God before time begin.
◄ John 17:5 ►
New American Standard Bible
"Now, Father, glorify Me together with
Yourself, with the glory which I had with
You before the world was.

If Jesus is not God, then who is he?

*facepalm* The Son Of God undecided

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

"God" is a title. So yes, there are thousands of Gods and Lords.

That Scripture talks about another thing entirely. It refers to Jesus ruling the heavenly Kingdom, which in no way makes him the Almighty as this was granted him.

"Jesus said:......The Father is greater than I." ---John 14:28

"...The head of Christ is God." ---1 Corinthians 11:3

If you insist that Jesus is God and they share equal powers, do explain these Scriptures.

John14:28.

For my Father is greater than I;
The object of Jesus here is not to compare his nature with that of the Father, but his condition.Jesus was comparing his nature with the father. Jesus was in the flash nature, that is why satan tempt him, there are many reason in which Jesus come in the flash, among them is; to have a relationship with his creatures, when the disciples ask him to teach them how to pray, he start with the word ''our father'' this word mean God is our father and we are his children.

Ye would rejoice that I am to
leave this state of suffering and
humiliation, and resume that glory which I had with the Father before the world was. You ought to rejoice at my
exaltation to bliss and glory with the
Father (Professor Stuart). The object of
this expression is to console the disciples in view of his absence. This he does by saying that if he goes away, the Holy Spirit will descend, and great success will attend the preaching of the gospel, John 16:7-10. In the plan of salvation the Father is represented as giving the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the various blessings of the gospel. As the Appointer, the Giver, the Originator, he may be represented as in office superior to the Son and the Holy Spirit. The discourse has no reference, manifestly, to the nature of Christ, and cannot therefore be adduced to prove that he is not divine.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by gatiano(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Jesus is GOD, I am GOD, You are GOD, Every Blackman and Blackwoman is GOD, GOD is GOD. GOD can expire, but HE has eternal life. All Black People in the universe when they are connected and united. Then that is called GOD in divine unity or GOD in cosmic unity and love, This GOD is ONE and he can never die, never, never, there was no beginning to him, there will never be an ending to HIM/HER. if you notice, in african languages, we do not use he/she as pronoun, we use "o" or "e". that is to show that there is no difference in Blackman and Blackwomen. Black people of nl, study the history and sciences of yourselves, find it, seek it even if needs you to go extra 1000 miles under the pacific ocean.
The whiteman and non-black are promised everlasting life if they repent. Black people? you have eternal life except you want or choose to mess up really really bad, which include bleaching of skin (yes, what i mean really is turning yourself to non-black by continous intermixing with whites.
thus black people, you can't really die what is called a second death (it is impossible). However as Jesus went to hell for 3 days, so will I , so will you, we can't escape it, for 3 days, for some it may seem like 3 secs, some 3 mins, some 3 days, some 3 years, depending on the gravity of your sins and crime.(there is no time in hell). For example, you are a blackman that just love adultery and fornication, no woman can pass you. now nobody has the time to be chasing you or looking for your name to put you in hell (condition), you yourself will choose it gladly since adultery and fornication is what you love. in the state, you can fool yourself, it will be like someone tearing you apart to remove that love of fornication and adultery. if you give it up quick, then 3 mins, if you are stubborn maybe 30 years, but not more than 3 days will a blackman give dirt and filth away.

This is pure african roots science, or blackroots science, i take no credit for this knowledge.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

*facepalm* The Son Of God undecided
dint you read in the bible that Jesus ïs the fullness of God? The misconceptions start when Jesus dwell in the flash to reconciled us back to himself. The bible say God is a spirit. Can a spirit walk on the realm of human without flash? You can't see a demon unless he possessed someone. Is this hard for you guys to understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:

John14:28.

For my Father is greater than I;
The object of Jesus here is not to compare his nature with that of the Father, but his condition.Jesus was comparing his nature with the father. Jesus was in the flash nature, that is why satan tempt him, there are many reason in which Jesus come in the flash, among them is; to have a relationship with his creatures, when the disciples ask him to teach them how to pray, he start with the word ''our father'' this word mean God is our father and we are his children.

Ye would rejoice that I am to
leave this state of suffering and
humiliation, and resume that glory which I had with the Father before the world was. You ought to rejoice at my
exaltation to bliss and glory with the
Father (Professor Stuart). The object of
this expression is to console the disciples in view of his absence. This he does by saying that if he goes away, the Holy Spirit will descend, and great success will attend the preaching of the gospel, John 16:7-10. In the plan of salvation the Father is represented as giving the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the various blessings of the gospel. As the Appointer, the Giver, the Originator, he may be represented as in office superior to the Son and the Holy Spirit. The discourse has no reference, manifestly, to the nature of Christ, and cannot therefore be adduced to prove that he is not divine.

Do you have any idea how programmed your response sounded?

Please convince me you understand what you're saying.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
dint you read in the bible that Jesus ïs the fullness of God? The misconceptions start when Jesus dwell in the flash to reconciled us back to himself. The bible say God is a spirit. Can a spirit walk on the realm of human without flash? You can't see a demon unless he possessed someone. Is this hard for you guys to understand?

You still haven't showed me scripturally where Jesus claimed to be God.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

Do you have any idea how programmed your response sounded?

Please convince me you understand what you're saying.
you don't understand what I said? Maby you are tired, take a rest and re-read it later. Thank you.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
you don't understand what I said? Maby you are tired, take a rest and re-read it later. Thank you.

Gimme a Bible quotation that summarises all you're trying to say.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

what was the reason the Jews wanted to stone Jesus?

John 10:30-33New International Version
(NIV)
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up
stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to
them, “I have shown you many good
works from the Father. For which of these
do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good
work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy,
because you, a mere man, CLAIM to be
God.”
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

Gimme a Bible quotation that summarises all you're trying to say.
when Jesus say ,the father is greater than me;
He was making reference with the NATURE OF GOD, he don't want to comperd his fleshy nature and the holiness of God.

Thank you for your time.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
what was the reason the Jews wanted to stone Jesus?

John 10:30-33New International Version
(NIV)
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up
stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to
them, “I have shown you many good
works from the Father. For which of these
do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good
work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy,
because you, a mere man, CLAIM to be
God.”

Remember that at John 17:21, 22, Jesus prayed regarding his followers: "That they may all be one, that they may be one even as we are one"

Obviously, Jesus' disciples do not all become part of the Trinity, do they? smiley

But they do come to share a oneness of purpose with the Father and the Son, the same sort of oneness that unites God and Christ.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

Remember that at John 17:21, 22, Jesus prayed regarding his followers: "That they may all be one, that they may be one even as we are one"

Obviously, Jesus' disciples do not all become part of the Trinity, do they? smiley

But they do come to share a oneness of purpose with the Father and the Son, the same sort of oneness that unites God and Christ.
the context iof the verse I quote to you (john10:30-33) was talking about the DEITY of Jesus. But the contex in john 17 you quote is about his disciples,JESUS PRAYED FOR HIS DISCIPLES.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mznelly, are you a christian,muslim or an atheist?
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

You forget to it is written "The Father gives me commandment of what to say and what to do" Whenever Jesus speaks the Father is speaking. So when Jesus prays to the Father,the Father whom u say is Almighty was praying to himself ba? According to the verse quoted above. Dear u r too young to be blinded by church doctrine study 4 urself.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
malvisguy212:
Mznelly, are you a christian,muslim or an atheist?
she blng to d antichrist,she is a jw.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by malvisguy212: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
she blng to d antichrist,she is a jw.
I read many post on nairaland, people disconnecting them self from there own brothers in Christ claiming they are not Christians or denying there denominations,they claim they know God but what they fail to understand is that this same God they know once come down to have a relationship with his children's. They disconnected them self with other, how will they have a relationship with one another?

Matthew 6
9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
The first two words of this model prayer
tell us a great deal about relationships.
First, notice that Jesus starts out with the word our, not the word my. The reason is that God is not only the father of the person praying, but of others also. In this context, the our includes the “horizontal” relationship with other people who are children of God. Today, since we can “Get right with God. through Jesus,” the word our includes all Christians.

Second, the word Father implies a
“vertical” relationship with God. Note
that the relationship is not that of a wife
to a husband, two people dating one
another, or a neighbor to another
neighbor. It is a child to a father
relationship. Those people who do not
acknowledge God (such as an atheist,
agnostic, or someone following another
religion) do not have this relationship
and they certainly would not refer to God as Father. They might call him creator or god perhaps, but not Father.
Re: If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
MzNelly:

"Before Abraham was I AM" Thats it there 4 u He claim He is the I AM who I AM. again "I AM the way,the truth and life" I AM is the Tittle of YAHWEY whom u call Jehovah. Here see "And you will die in your sins if you do not believe that "I AM WHO I AM" other version says "unless you believe i am HE" remember the Title "HE" is used for God Almighty in Isaiah many times "I'm the first and the last, I AM HE" Thats what God calls Himself in Isaiah "I AM HE". Jesus saying "I AM HE" makes the Jew says "You been man made urself God". They understand the word "HE", "I AM". To ur Suprise i will tell u this "The Father was not revealed throughout the Old Testament.The person Abraham speaks to was Jesus the Lord nd dats why Jesus exclaim "Your Father Abraham long to see my day He saw it and rejoice" all the prophets in the Scripture call upon Jesus the Lord always. Then Jesus came but they do not know him as the Lord God,He came to reveal to them the Deity of God,He explain to them of the Father,Son and the Holy Spirit. The Jews did not know there is a Father so they ask him "Where is ur Father" they do not even know God. Jesus is God every word of the prophet points it out plain unless u will reject it like the Jews reject bcus dey don't know who Jesus is neither did they know d Father,talkless of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance / Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 / Are You Guilty Of Practising Mysticism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.