Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant (4296 Views)

Meet Mrs Funso Amosun, The Most Beautiful First Lady In Nigeria[pics] / Meet Mrs Aisha Buhari Beautiful, Sound & Intelligent. PIX / Soludo Joins APGA As A Gubernatorial Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by omoakin111: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
In an interview granted to Vivian Onyebukwa of The Sun Newspaper on December 27, 2014, Mrs Abiola Agbaje, wife of Jimi Agbaje, the Peoples Democratic Party’s guber­natorial flag bearer (PDP), Lagos State, speaks about growing up, marriage, so­ciety and women in politics, among others.

The interview started out with Mrs Agbaje talking about her work supporting blind people – a passion that she picked up from her father who was on the council of the Nigerian Society of the Blind many years ago. A lawyer by profession – having worked for many years in the hous­ing industry with Federal Mortgage Bank and Mutual Trust Savings and Loans before she voluntarily retired – Mrs Agbaje currently holds the role of Chairwoman of the Nigerian Society for the Blind.

When asked what she would change if she had the opportunity to change something in society, she stated: “Our Values!”. “The loss of family values” she opined, “is one major factor responsible for the decline in society.” In her words: “We have lost our values. And those values are lost even from childhood. So, what we need to do is go back to the drawing board and retrieve those values we have lost and make sure that our children even from nursery imbibe them. As I find in Nigeria now, I always say it, wrong has become right. People do things now not even thinking about whether they are right or wrong, It is because everybody does it. It has become accepted and we are just going on like that. We need to change, that is the major problem we have. If I could say so, it still goes back to the family unit. If we don’t get the values in our family unit right, there is nothing we can pass on to the society.”

On the question of assessing the level of women’s participation in politics, Mrs Agbaje states: “I don’t think any other government has given women as much participation as the Jonathan government. He has done a lot, but we are certainly not where we should be. There are so many areas where women are not at the level they should be. I believe we must always strive to get that gender equality as it will be so necessary to move the country forward.”

On the question of what life has taught her, Mrs Agbaje says: “It has taught me that the material things in life, though important, are not the most important. Friendship, love, companionship, helping others are much more important than acquiring and amassing material things.”

A good interview in its entirety and great insight into the values that keep the Agbaje’s household grounded. Read the whole interview on Sun News Online.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by KwoiZabo(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
OOOOOO00ooooo Somebody give it up for our coming First Lady. We can't wait to have you occupy the Govt. house at Alausa. You have my prayers and my vote. Agbaje for Lagos 2015.

10 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by alberto2k(m): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Op u mean Mrs. Agbaje eleniyen undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by omoakin111: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
She has started given back to the poor even before thinking of becoming a first lady. good for her and Jimi Agbaje.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Day11(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
alberto2k:
Op u mean Mrs. Agbaje eleniyen undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

APC go rule LAGOS till Arsenal win Champions League angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by SweetJoystick(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
She take style old pass Jimi

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
I have nothing against Agbaje. I have nothing against Ambode. May the best man win. God bless Lagos.
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by fyneguy: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
I like Agbaje but I don't want PDP in Lagos...my vote is for Ambode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Election wey Ambode don already win undecided undecided. Anyone in doubt, ask the civil servants. Ambode's got their loyalty like kilode sad

6 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by stinggy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
chimkaire:
Election wey Ambode don already win undecided undecided. Anyone in doubt, ask the civil servants. Ambode's got their loyalty like kilode sad

Lies! My Jimi will win this time smiley
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by yuio33: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
I don't know this person//
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by musiwa97: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
I don't know who Is she.. I don't know her, does she know me.
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by adebayoggt(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Agbaje --yes! PDP---No!!!!!!
my vote is AMBODE--- YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by adebayoggt(m): 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
stinggy:

Lies! My Jimi will win this time smiley
Agbaje is better with anoda party e.g LABOUR.
not the Power Drunk People.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by brown3: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
chimkaire:
which civil servant? Civil servant wey no 100 thousand. U must be fooling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2014
brown3:
which civil servant? Civil servant wey no 100 thousand. U must be fooling yourself.
drop your comment(s) jeje. That is my perspective and doesn't warrant you fooling yourself. You should watch how you address others, have we met? Have we argued about this before? Fool! And Sango will strike you dead if you quote me yet again angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by sojjy: 1:51am On Dec 31, 2014
Mr Jimi Agbaje though a nice man but in a wrong party will never win.

APC will rule Lagos for many decades.
Ambode 2015 O SURE GAN.....
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by stinggy(m): 8:49am On Dec 31, 2014
chimkaire:
drop your comment(s) jeje. That is my perspective and doesn't warrant you fooling yourself. You should watch how you address others, have we met? Have we argued about this before? Fool! And Sango will strike you dead if you quote me yet again angry angry

Na y u nor gree slip angry lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Caseless: 9:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Agbaje, like Ambode, look appealing to me. But his only sin is that he belongs to the evil party.
Sai Ambode!

1 Like

Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 31, 2014
stinggy:

Na y u nor gree slip angry lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Stinggy, why you on my mata like this kwanu?

BULLY angry angry angry grin grin grin
Na you dey ''teash'' me derailing oooo
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by juman(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2014
pdp is an evil party destroying nigeria since 1999.
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by madan(f): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2014
Caseless:
Agbaje, like Ambode, look appealing to me. But his only sin is that he belongs to the evil party.
Sai Ambode!
Are you voting based on personality or party?
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by stinggy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
chimkaire:
Stinggy, why you on my mata like this kwanu?

BULLY angry angry angry grin grin grin
Na you dey ''teash'' me derailing oooo

undecided undecided
Head derailer cheesy
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
stinggy:

undecided undecided
Head derailer cheesy
I dey learn from you, sir wink wink grin grin sad
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by OAUTemitayo: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
You don't need to argue with him.
An average civil servant controls nothing less than 5 dependants who are voters.
chimkaire:
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
You don't need to argue with him.
An average civil servant controls nothing less than 5 dependants who are voters.
All right smiley smiley cool
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by misterh(m): 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
madan:
Are you voting based on personality or party?
But a candidate isn't independent of the workings of the party.
Re: Meet Mrs Abiola Agbaje - Wife Of Lagos Pdp Gubernatorial Aspirant by misterh(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
If Jimi Agbaje is really what they say he is, I don't see why he'll be part of the fraud if a primary that brought him in.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Dumped In Awka / Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Breaking News: President Muhammad Buhari Will Travel Out Again For Medical Treat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.