Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan (40174 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by ademoladeji(m): 8:38am On Dec 31, 2014
DesChyko:

Banned goods worth millions of Naira are seized every week and destroyed. You don't see that so you don't thank the President.
People with forged documents are apprehended on daily basis. You don't see that so you don't thank the President.
Ritualists, Narcotics-merchants and criminals are being tackled at the borders. You don't see that so you don't thank the President.

The only thing you saw is 'Patrick Sawyer'. The very first case of Ebola in the country. You didn't even know Nigeria managed the Ebola incident better than any other country in an identical scenario. US of all people also had Ebola awhile, despite their extreme caution. I'm sure you didn't know this too so, You don't see that so you don't thank the President.

Look, I know many of us are against GEJ's ambition. That doesn't mean we should hurl frivolous allegations at him.

The President deserves respect from citizens. I'll leave it at that.
Banned goods? Forged documents? Ritualists? Criminals?
Bros, let's don't dig it pls coz I have case study on all mentioned above.
Ambition? Bros leave that story abeg.
For the respect, my religion teaches me not to speak ill of my leader. So, I will never speak ill or disrespect him either as a man or as a leader.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by bomijuwon(m): 9:01am On Dec 31, 2014
Hormoniyi:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday
said he did not expect Nigerians to
shower praises on him while he is still in
office.

He said it was normal that public office
holders would only be commended after
leaving office by the time his
achievements were being compared
with others.

Jonathan spoke while granting audience
to a delegation from his home state,
Bayelsa.

Members of the delegation led by
Governor Seriake Dickson were in the
Presidential Villa, Abuja to felicitate with
him on Christmas and New Year
festivities.

The President said notwithstanding the
various challenges facing the country, he
would do his best to make his people
proud.

He said, “I always say that I will not
even expect praises now because hardly
do people praise serving leaders. It is
when you leave, people will begin to
know.

“When you leave, people will begin to
compare what you have done over the
period vis-a-vis what others have done,
then they will compare you with
whoever takes over.

“Probably that is the time some people
will begin to say good about you. But I
will do my best to make sure that we do
change things.

“We are trying to create enabling
environment for our economy to thrive
irrespective of the challenges we are
having in the petroleum sector and the
security challenges we have.

“I will do my best so that by the time I
will leave, you will be able to say that
when our son was there, he served the
country well so that one day, another
son of Bayelsa may be given another
opportunity to serve Nigerians.”

Jonathan observed that it has become
the norm worldwide for people to be
lambasting their leaders, especially on
the social media.

He regretted that people are using
different things that have been created
by people’s knowledge for negative
purposes.

He cited an example of dynamite, saying
the inventor regretted when he realised
the destructive purposes people have
turned the item to.

The President added, “I assure you that
I am here by the grace of God and with
the willingness of Nigerians. If Nigerians
say I shouldn’t be here, I wouldn’t have
been here. We contested election in
2011 and Nigerians voted for us.
“I am your own, if I don’t do well, the
shame will be on you. If I do well, you
will have some kind of pride. I will do
my best.

www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-will-praise-me-after-leaving-office-says-jonathan/
It is more honorable to leave with dignity. Office holders are subject and at service of the general populace.It is expected of them to hold in trust the goodwill of people. Any policy or programme that doesn't translate to money in pocket, food on table and general welfare of the man in the village is failure.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Atiba50(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2014
Yes we will praise u sir especially for fuel subsidy removal and for all the pretty stealing ..just go sir thanks u for everything may God reward u sir thanks alot..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by DesChyko: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2014
ademoladeji:

Banned goods? Forged documents? Ritualists? Criminals?
Bros, let's don't dig it pls coz I have case study on all mentioned above..

Yep.. All the above. Except you don't listen to news at least. I don't know how long your 'case study' lasted but when I talk about 'Seme border', it's from experience. I live very close to Badagry for the past 17 years and that has been my father's business route for over 30 years and counting.

So I don't need a case study to explain what happens in my backyard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by mayor007(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2014
Praise-Worship nii. This guy is deluded.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by banki(m): 9:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Redoil:
For granting us freedom of speech esp in nairaland we will miss you.
For providing social amenities like train we will miss you.

Nairaland existed before GEJ became president of Nigeria so he did not grant me freedom of speech.... infact he cant take it away from me....

TRAINS EXISTED before Jonathan came so he did not provide me with TRAINS... At least when I was younger we used trains from zaria to owerri that was about 1990, so babangidas government,Abacha,shonekan, abdulsalam, obasanjo yaradua and jonathans government destroyed the railway system....

It is important to note that all the people listed above are members of the pdp excluding Abacha because he is dead although his family is now in the pdp so your talk is totally baseless
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by ademoladeji(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2014
DesChyko:

Yep.. All the above. Except you don't listen to news at least. I don't know how long your 'case study' lasted but when I talk about 'Seme border', it's from experience. I live very close to Badagry for the past 17 years and that has been my father's business route for over 30 years and counting.

So I don't need a case study to explain what happens in my backyard.
I've been roaming badagry sinx 1993 so, I know what's hapnin there as well.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Toble: 9:48am On Dec 31, 2014
humnsikan:
This man is an epitome of humility. For the fact that he has said he doesn't want people to praise him now, but should rather wait until he is out of power (by 2019), shows that he knows his onion and what he is doing. Again I want to sound that APC supporters are being overly optimistic. This is dangerous in the sense that, when all of that optimism is dashed by 2015, it will be difficult for them to believe and may lead to several suicides and post election violence. Pls, APC supporters, do not be decieved by what you see online. Elections are not won on the pages of Newspaper. Only 1% of the Nigerian population read newspaper. The real voters are the farmers out there, whose lots these government has bettered; they are the teeming youths who are daily empowered via YOUWIN. They are the road users. They are Nigerians who'll no longer be turned back from receiving emergency attention in hospitals. They are the pregnant women, children and elderly, who will now be entitled to free medicare. All of these is courtesy the newly accented health bill by GEJ. It is my desire that there'll be a presidential debate. GEJ till 2019...
Each time I hear Mr president's words I pity him but I believe this is a strategy for people to vote for him out of pity.whatever you do either good or bad people must talk, I think if he leaves now, we will appreciate him more. Between,The handwriting is on the wall. CHANG!!!
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Muttex(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2014
WE shall praise God instead and not GEJ.period
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by dania02(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2014
Kakpos:
MR PRESIDENT YOU WOULD BE REMEMBERED FOR CORRUPTION NOT STEALING, IMPOSITION OF CANDIDATE BY YOUR WIFE , SIXTEEN GREATER THAN NINETEEN(16>19)AND (7>19) GOD WILL NEVER FOR FORGIVEYOU!
wen him talk say 16 dy greater dan 19
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2014
Hormoniyi:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday
said he did not expect Nigerians to
shower praises on him while he is still in
office.

He said it was normal that public office
holders would only be commended after
leaving office by the time his
achievements were being compared
with others.

Jonathan spoke while granting audience
to a delegation from his home state,
Bayelsa.

Members of the delegation led by
Governor Seriake Dickson were in the
Presidential Villa, Abuja to felicitate with
him on Christmas and New Year
festivities.

The President said notwithstanding the
various challenges facing the country, he
would do his best to make his people
proud.

He said, “I always say that I will not
even expect praises now because hardly
do people praise serving leaders. It is
when you leave, people will begin to
know.

“When you leave, people will begin to
compare what you have done over the
period vis-a-vis what others have done,
then they will compare you with
whoever takes over.

“Probably that is the time some people
will begin to say good about you. But I
will do my best to make sure that we do
change things.

“We are trying to create enabling
environment for our economy to thrive
irrespective of the challenges we are
having in the petroleum sector and the
security challenges we have.

“I will do my best so that by the time I
will leave, you will be able to say that
when our son was there, he served the
country well so that one day, another
son of Bayelsa may be given another
opportunity to serve Nigerians.”

Jonathan observed that it has become
the norm worldwide for people to be
lambasting their leaders, especially on
the social media.

He regretted that people are using
different things that have been created
by people’s knowledge for negative
purposes.

He cited an example of dynamite, saying
the inventor regretted when he realised
the destructive purposes people have
turned the item to.

The President added, “I assure you that
I am here by the grace of God and with
the willingness of Nigerians. If Nigerians
say I shouldn’t be here, I wouldn’t have
been here. We contested election in
2011 and Nigerians voted for us.
“I am your own, if I don’t do well, the
shame will be on you. If I do well, you
will have some kind of pride. I will do
my best.

www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-will-praise-me-after-leaving-office-says-jonathan/

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by PastorOla1: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2014
All we know is goodbye to GEJ. We want CHANGE.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by DesChyko: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2014
ademoladeji:
I've been roaming badagry sinx 1993 so, I know what's hapnin there as well.

I can see how much you know, surely.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by seunawo1(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2014
jingh:
we will curse you for where you lead this country to.
terrorism, corruption, love dwindling between citizen, injustice, criminal breeding etc.

Buhari for better Nigeria
May God forgive you for you don't no what you are saying.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by adexway(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2014
While Bihari may noy be a perfect answer to the many troubles plaquing this country of ours, it's clear that President Goodluck Jonathan's administration hasn't been it. Though he may not be the total cause of our woes, but history will not forget a king that rules when the people live in abject poverty.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by jingh(f): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2014
seunawo1:

May God forgive you for you don't no what you are saying.
if you Ve a family in the chibok gurls or those that died in nyanya bomb blast you wount say dat
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by berryworld: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
Yes badluck jonathan we'll praise u for high level of corruption and imcompetence.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by vital94(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
my role model.gej till he decide to quit politics.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by tallfact: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
JUST WONDERING WHY WE ARE PRAISING FASHOLA WHILE HE'S STILL IN OFFICE.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by jamace(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Word on marble!
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by voizofone: 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
some don't value what they have until they loose it. actually you will be remembered when you leave office. Goodluck is a true Democrat.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by HopeAlive14(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
Some persons, Nigerians for that matter, said they will make Nigeria ungovernable for you, and has been throwing all manners of spanners on your wheels of progress.

Against all odds, quietly, steadily and without insulting anyone God has helped you to make remarkable progress. I am sure you would have made more progress with minimal hitch.

Shame, and more shame to the enemies of Nigeria, within or without.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by decode20: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
toecyne:
yh sure, the mothers of the over 200 chibok girls wuld everly praise yu

GMB 2015
they wil praise him when they realize that their brother is the one who kidnapped their daughters for his selfish political ambitions.they wil praise him when an almajiri wil rise 2 d level of presidency and d person wil travel 4rm katsina 2 otueke 2 honour gej.are northerners fighting gej because he is trying 2 create equality in the region or is inequality not part of corruption?
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by 40dogzz(m): 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Men the yan ehwu ma the cough! Gej, yes u did'nt pay salary, we will rember u, u ar corrupt we will remeber u, u ar selfish we will also remeber, faget.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
Oga Jonathan, I will praise if you leave office.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by TheMadame(f): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is the greatest joke of the century.
Apart from being clueless and corrupt,this guy also doubles as a circus clown.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by NwaJesusteete(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
brito:

Where you hid since

me hide i de kamkpe, na u i go ask that one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by annibro(f): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
Eaaya! D whole thing is sounding emnotional.... embarassed cry... Pls don't go
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Bobo121(m): 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
hamingra:
so who is worth supporting clueless GEJ? Or his Permanent Secretary Wife?
What makes him clueless?
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ok... I look forward to the praises too... Let the count down begin.
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
nairaman66:

ABACHA and OBJ were different entities to GEJ. You know why? They were EFFECTIVE and had a political background/structure!

GEJ dosnt have anything, he apparently accepts everyone as his friend.. Both ordinary criminals and currupt government officials.
am pretty sure u wil say d same of Gej very soon
Re: Nigerians Will Praise Me After Leaving Office - Jonathan by Emmanuel247(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
That's Exactly how they are..... Backward people that hates whoever tell them the truth and treat them like Human being.

GOD Forbid

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Dancing Style At APC Rally Yesterday / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? / Gbolahan Lawal To Be Named New Oniru - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.