Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints (2808 Views)

Exquisite And Durable Furnitures At Affordable Price / Do Your Land Scaping "Concrete Stamping, Engraving Or Interlocking" / Construction Of A Unique Standard Family Unit Bungalow . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 4:24am On Dec 31, 2014
Here are the pictures I took of a floor paint I just supplied and applied for a client.
It is water based acrylic floor paint.
Its very tough and hard wearing. Its is waterproof and has u.v absorber to ensure film paint protection and it has anti growth additive against algae growth.
It has a spread rate of 50 sqm per drum but experience has shown that the condition of the floor (porosity and level of smoothness) as well as the coat thickness determines the actual spread rate.
Also, patterned floor like the one shown in these pictures would require extra quantity of paint because those patterns are extended surfaces.
The paint can last up to 3 years in a moderate traffic with sufficient thickness.
It can last from six months to a year and half depending on traffic.
The paint is actually like carpet and would gradually wear out with traffic. It is ideal for pedestrian and vehicular traffic that have rubber tyres and shoes cushioning against hard parts.
Sharp and hard objects may scratch or scrape it.
The paint can be repainted with either water or oil based floor paint without any additional floor preparation.
Areas where vehicles are parked can be painted a different colour of separated with other colours so that only that part can be given regular maintenance coat.
The residential part of the floor with only pedestrian traffic may not need repainting for upwards of five years. The paint is very tough. It was quite an interesting experience supplying this floor paint. I provided the painter and supervised it, something I never did before. And I had quite a lot of enlightening conversations with the client who is a very accommodating and understanding man. A classical model of a gentleman.
Questions on the floor paint would be welcomed.

Note: Our other thread for building paints: https://www.nairaland.com/1791846/thread-property-owners-types-paint

1 Like

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 4:26am On Dec 31, 2014
continuation.

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 4:27am On Dec 31, 2014
still on it

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 4:28am On Dec 31, 2014
more

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by mufutau55(m): 4:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Wow! very lovely. Nice job indeed.
Does the color of the paint depends on the colors of interlock stones/concrete floor used or the acrylic paint will determine that, because I see different types of colors on the floor? I have to get this next. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 4:44am On Dec 31, 2014
mufutau55:
Wow! very lovely. Nice job indeed.
Does the color of the depends on the colors of interlock stones/concrete floor used or the acrylic paint will determine that, because I see different types of colors on the floor? I have to get this next. Thank you.

Hajji M.
The floor is plain concrete floor. Its the acrylic floor
paint that gave the various colours.
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by mufutau55(m): 4:49am On Dec 31, 2014
gbadexy:

Thank you. This is very good indeed.

Hajji M.
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by 400billionman: 9:03am On May 31, 2015
Nice job.

Gbadexy, well done..
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by 400billionman: 9:04am On May 31, 2015
gbadexy:

Are you the one who added the interlocking stone pattern on the concrete floor ?
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 9:22am On May 31, 2015
400billionman:

Are you the one who added the interlocking stone pattern on the concrete floor ?
No sir, its done by a bricklayer and it is not interlocking stone but a casted concrete floor with pattetns imprinted on it.
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by 400billionman: 1:19pm On May 31, 2015
gbadexy:

No sir, its done by a bricklayer and it is not interlocking stone but a casted concrete floor with pattetns imprinted on it.

I understand.
Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
A recent picture of the floor a year after.

Re: A Unique Floor Engraving With Patterns and Durable Floor Paints by gbadexy(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2016
Recent pics from the site after a year.

(1) (Reply)

Invest With Us / REDEMPTION TOWERS, GBAGADA LUXURIOUS APARTMENTS AND HOUSES / A Plot Of Land(60 By120) For Sale@ijagba Estate Ayetoro Via Ayobo Ipaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.