Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 (49680 Views)

The Impact Of Timing On Government Policies As It Affects The “common Man”. / Social Restructuring: The Fairness Of Government's Policies / Outspoken Critic Of Government Policies Then, Now In Govt. Levels Done Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by BlaiseJohn(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
berem:
I am using this opportunity to wish all fans and supporters of General Muhammadu Buhari a happy New Year. The wind of fresher air and change is coming soon.

Sai Buhari 2015!!
YOU RACIST

Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by murphyg: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
only thing constant in life is change, yet people are always afraid of it.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by Ramanto(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Damn! I wasn't aware of most of these policies.That is what you get when u get stuck on some campus
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by blowjohn(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
ceo4eva:

You're right. Recently, Pan Nigeria revived its moribund assembly plant in the country with the inauguration of Peugeot 301 production line in its Kaduna factory. Imagine the number of Nigerian unemployed youths that this company will engage in the course of its production. Moribund automobile industries in the country are rapidly being revived since this new policy took effect.

Abegi! How many naija graduates wil b shown d way in? U think car manufacturing company is like 7up bottling company? Most of them don't have any years of experience in manufacturing firms.....what we need is from nigerians creating technology with dia heads and teaching their own pple! Wev been playing second fiddle for too long!
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by SmartKillinex: 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
ceo4eva:
2015 is only a matter of hours, and being an election year, we expect that whoever wins, there will be a new raft of government policies. But how did 2014 go in terms of government policies?

1. New Automotive Policy

http://www.thescoopng.com/2014inreview-atm-charges-books-tariff-automotive-policy-nirp-top-10-govt-policies-2014/

As from first of January 2015, prices of

imported used cars otherwise known as

Tokunbo or second-hand cars are expected to

go up as the second phase of the national

automotive policy which was announced in

November 2013, will commence.

Car dealers would be expected to pay the

federal government 70% duty on all imported

cars. FG had in 2013 introduced the national

automotive policy with the view of

encouraging local assemblage of automobiles

in Nigeria, increasing the import tariff from

22% to 70%. The first phase of the policy

involving the payment of 35% duty came into

effect in February 2014 while the second

phase which would have started in July this

year was postponed to Jan. 2015.

me weeh wan buy moto next year so,,wahala dey ooo buhhh anyhow I go follow bush with the car
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by gabicon: 12:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
That's the thing about Nigeria every thing exist in paper. How many employment has the automotive industry created so far? Their production are pretty much skeletal, go to Nissan and pan and check out how many cars are rolled out daily. The inoson guy I is doing pretty well though. Further more methodologies like just in time, TPS and lean manufacturing have slashed the need for manpower in automobile manufacturering. As big as the Toyota brand is they have only 333000 consolidated employees, 46000 being main employees. With all the prospective auto investors we can't get up to 30000 direct employment which is overly optimistic. If I were his adviser I would have advised that he built our steel industries that has a higher prospect in creating graduate and artisan jobs to the tune of millions. Our problems are past using a bucket to draw water we need to start piping it.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by ikweremilitant: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
berem:
I am using this opportunity to wish all fans and supporters of General Muhammadu Buhari a happy New Year. The wind of fresher air and change is coming soon.

Sai Buhari 2015!!
l also wish all buhari fans a happy new year.let me use this medium to advice all apc fans to take an insurance with my company over d 2015 election.we have good premiums and we pay as folows-headache 200k,migrain headache 250k,stomach ulcer 300k,heart attack 700k,cardiac arrest 1milion,suden death 2milion,sucide by huging transformer,jumping into d lagon,or jumping down frm d maste or rat poison attracts 5milion each.hurry up u dnt no wat wil befall u when pgej is being announcd d winner.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
All these policies just to extort from Nigerians no meaningful development. Useless Polices...
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by Gmajor(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
omenka:
And the most significant policy of all which is an increase in the cost of gasoline somehow managed to escape the op's list!!! Wow!!

#Applause!!
the year under review is 2014. U should have read everything before rushing to comment

1 Like

Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by Ahmeduana(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
ceo4eva:

Dear Berem, what of GEJ supporters? Don't they deserve a happy new year wish as well? Are you not being selective? A Prosperous New Year To You!
It's a New Year, Let's show love.
YOU NO KNOW THIS LADY CALLED berem HER MIND DARK I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO COMPARE HER WITH, PESIN WEY DEY ABUSE OUR PRESIDENT DEY CALL OUR PRESIDENT WIFE BARREN!! AND A NIGERIA LADY FOR THAT MATTER.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by Firefire(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
1stola:

Firefucktard
Do u know the meaning your first phrase?
No let thunder fire all your generation o
Oloribu.
By the time your paymaster loses by February, you will start being jobless again.

"Character is like smoke, it cannot be hidden."
undecided
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by dabossman(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Policies? From 1960 till date we have witnessed the introduction of laudable policies. The problem is always with implementation.

No doubt GET like everyone before him can point to one achievement or the other. I personally think the Minister in Agriculture has tried. Thumbs up to the President for that. Sadly there is gross failure and inactivity in many other sectors. Also some badly informed actions and inactions by the President and his inept advisers have painted GET in bad light.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by dabossman(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
Policies? From 1960 till date we have witnessed the introduction of laudable policies. The problem is always with implementation.

No doubt GEJ like everyone before him can point to one achievement or the other. I personally think the Minister in Agriculture has tried. Thumbs up to the President for that. Sadly there is gross failure and inactivity in many other sectors. Also some badly informed actions and inactions by the President and his inept advisers have painted GEJ in bad light.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by jpphilips(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
Rexyl:
It seems the policies have been yielding results. God bless Nigeria.

Jpphilips should believe in socio economical and political transformation of Nigeria and begin to see positive things about her

If I was dumb, sure I will support Jonathan.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
dabossman:

No doubt GEJ like everyone before him can point to one achievement or the other. I personally think the Minister in Agriculture has tried. Thumbs up to the President for that. Sadly there is gross failure and inactivity in many other sectors. Also some badly informed actions and inactions by the President and his inept advisers have painted GEJ in bad light.

Let me quickly brief you on policies

Sani Abacha's foreign policy gave you your highest OPEC quota till date after 4 administrations in 2 decades Nigeria has not gained a single barrel, never mind that our population grew from 19th position in the world to 7th in the world within the last 2 decades. Strategically positioning Rilwanu Lukman as OPEC chairman was not a coincidence.

OBJ is the reason Nigeria will ever get electricity right through his laudable NIPP.

OBJ was the man who capitalized our banks, that single policy gave rise to Nigerian banks taking part in funding of oil and gas investments and other capital projects, stimulated the capital market till we became the biggest in Africa, the first time dumb Nigerians heard of shares, created good jobs not our present under employment, who would believe that ETB once paid a fresh graduate 202k under OBJ.

OBJ'S Foreign reserve account, Eccess crude revenue account shielded us from the biggest crisis in the world history "ECONOMIC MELT DOWN".
never mind that Jonathan's swf could do nothing but plunge us deeper into recession, Energy crisis and a very weak naira.

Yaradua on his dying bed could review our energy policy, and PMS sold uniformly at 65naira across the country.
I can go on and on and on till I get to Buhari of 1984.

Jonathan is a collosal failure with honours, it takes a myopic and unscrupulous mind to eulogize this administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by jpphilips(m): 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
gabicon:
That's the thing about Nigeria every thing exist in paper. How many employment has the automotive industry created so far? Their production are pretty much skeletal, go to Nissan and pan and check out how many cars are rolled out daily. The inoson guy I is doing pretty well though. Further more methodologies like just in time, TPS and lean manufacturing have slashed the need for manpower in automobile manufacturering. As big as the Toyota brand is they have only 333000 consolidated employees, 46000 being main employees. With all the prospective auto investors we can't get up to 30000 direct employment which is overly optimistic. If I were his adviser I would have advised that he built our steel industries that has a higher prospect in creating graduate and artisan jobs to the tune of millions. Our problems are past using a bucket to draw water we need to start piping it.

You see, the average educated Nigerian is not far from a m0r0n, they claim automobile policy will create jobs yet they are still at home , jobless as usual.

The automotive industry doesn't create direct jobs but indirect jobs through service contractors which seems to be non existent in Nigeria.

The unemployed m0r0ns are lauding the retrogression from their fellow m0r0n.
pathetic country.
Re: 2014 In Review: Top 10 Government Policies In Nigeria In 2014 by jpphilips(m): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
blowjohn:

Abegi! How many naija graduates wil b shown d way in? U think car manufacturing company is like 7up bottling company? Most of them don't have any years of experience in manufacturing firms.....what we need is from nigerians creating technology with dia heads and teaching their own pple! Wev been playing second fiddle for too long!

They expect to be employed in an administration that has enthroned corruption beyond every moral umbrage.
When IM reigns supreme? lol, country of the dumb, led by the dumb and serves the interest of the dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keep Praying For Buhari – Jonathan / States Where Atiku, Tinubu & Obi Will Win In 2023 Presidential Elections - SBM / Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.