Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo (1014 Views)

Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / 1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People / SHOCKING: Buhari's Daughter Is Married To Ali Modu Sheriff Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by ibnjarir93(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2014
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), retired General Muhammadu Buhari said contrary to reports on some social media platforms, none of his daughters is married to an Ibo man.
Buhari said he is blessed with eight daughters and 11 grand children but “none of them is married to an Ibo,” in a video clip titled “This is what GMB said about his family” and posted on his Twitter handle (@ThisIsBuhari), and his other social media platforms yesterday.
The video clip showed the APC presidential flag bearer addressing youth organizations, under the auspices of GMB Volunteers recently in Lagos.
“I have eight daughters and two boys. One daughter, the most senior of them, died and one of the boys died. So, I have seven daughters. And most are married,” Buhari told the youth gathering.
Buhari added that “I have 11 grand children now. None of them is married to an Ibo.”
In a lighter mood, the presidential candidate said “certainly they are not Ibos because they would have gone to Enugu or somewhere for holiday.”
Buhari was apparently reacting to a story by some online newspapers which published the photographs of some of his family members, saying that one of his daughters was married to an Ibo man.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/43173-none-of-my-daughters-is-married-to-ibo-buhari

1 Like

Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2014
Ok
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by Youngandactive: 8:32am On Dec 31, 2014
This period of the year is always known for resolutions, pledges, budgeting, manifestos, reorganizations, targets, goal setting etc. Perfect timing, nice intentions, but we must know that nothing makes the year new and different if we remain our old self.

An ancient Greek saying has it that some are born wise while others are born otherwise.

You may submit with me that that every human being on earth have their unique and ultimate goals to fulfill. Some achievable while some not at all.

That is why the Persians would argue that the graveyards have the best of goals, visions and aspiration buried in it.

It becomes therefore not just pertinent, but highly imperative and expedient that one takes a seasonal approach to personal assessment as the year is winding up.

• Don’t stretch your aspirations if you are not ready to stretch yourself, this is why many snap off their goals in the first few months of the year
• As we grow older, we must learn to grow stronger, tougher and wiser. Crowd the next year with all the lessons gained from all the past years
• You must learn to ‘take some bull by the tail’, there are some things-dreams, friends and principles we may be emotionally attached to which we would have to let go and let them be. Major on the major and less attention to distractions. Just do the best you can with all the people you can in all the places you as long as you can and I know with God you can.

In the next 24 hours, please check your clock not your calendar, you will discover that nothing has changed and nothing might really change except YOU. If you want a change, you must have to change, you must be the change agent…Happy New year in few hours.

Never forget to preach peace and be an agent of peace as 2015 election approaches

Follow on twitter @YoungAndActiveN as we advocate for peace election

the long awaited 2015 is here. there's never been anything like it.
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 31, 2014
Many of the tales are propaganda, including the ones that portray Buhari as a progressive.
Some of us already know they are all lies.

1 Like

Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by SeverusSnape(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2014
We already know, It's easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than for a Fulani man to give his daughter in marriage to a Christian.

1 Like

Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by sufido123: 8:36am On Dec 31, 2014
Another APC propaganda debunked

1 Like

Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by brownlord: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2014
So from where did banicansta and other fanatics of his got the news of Buhari's daughter is married to ibo from anambra?
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by Daguccizgreat(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2014
Apc and propaganda are like bread and tea
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by san316(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2014
Yessooo. liars lie in order to deceive people. Thank God GMB has started coming out to defend claims madeon his behalf and lies against him.

GMBPYO2015

1 Like

Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by egift(m): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2014
PDP Agents have been peddling rumours, counter-rumours, planting stories, creating false impressions, releasing fake documents, making claims - all in a bid to cause confusion, distraction and deceive Nigerians.

The wind of Change has come.
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by ogb5(m): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2014
APC e-rats are just bombarding us daily with lies.

They are trying to sell a very sectional Buhari to us as some nationalist overnight.

While I believe children should be allowed to marry from whichever tribe they find love, no one should come online to lie to us that Buhari is a non tribalised Nigerian, who sourced for Ibo husbands for his daughters. Just tell the truth about your candidate let Nigerians make a choice based on the truth.

The truth I know about Buhari today is that Buhari is a very sectional leader.

He lead a delegation to then governor of oyo state to demand why fulani herdsmen were being killed, whereas it was the herdsmen that were killing the yoruba locals, recently he kicked against the killing of Boko haram members who have been terrorising Nigerians, calling such killing an attack on the North, argueing that Niger delta militants were not killed and as such Boko haram should not be killed.
His performance at PTF was the most blatant display of sectional development in Nigerian history, concentrating most PTF projects in the North West.
He did not hide his disdain for the South in previous election campaigns, where he mostly limited his campaigns to the north.

Fulani herdsmen has been causing havoc all over the country, Buhari has never seen it wise to visit the places where they have caused havoc to show disdain at the wanton destruction his kinsmen are causing for others. Such a person can not be classified as a national leader.

An example of a true nationalist can be seen in the action of Mahatma Ghandi, who went on hunger strike to protest the violence that occured when india was divided into india and pakistan at independence in 1947. He even went on hunger strike to force his native nation of India to pay money owed to Pakistan.
Can Buhari go on hunger strike to force the government to pay compensation to the multitude of people that are either killed, injured or raped by his fulani normads yearly? or has he even suggested to the government to pay compensation to those killed by his supporters in 2011?

Buhari is a sectional leader, no one should try to paint him as a national leader.
Re: None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo by chamboy(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2014
Tandriods b peeing in their pants

(1) (Reply)

An Incumbent President Has Never Lost In The History Of Nigerian Politics / Swing States For The Election 2015 / Only Way To Stop Suicide Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.