Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Facebook Is Killing Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Is Killing Website (851 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Court Of Appeal Website Hacked After Shiites' Killing / Facebook Is To Get A 'dislike' Button, Says Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Is Killing Website by kay4fun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
The game used to be relatively simple. Build a website. Make it useful and at least moderately pleasing to the eye. Keep it updated. Make your content at least semi-friendly for search engines. Bingo! A digital marketing success story.

Not now.
Facebook is about making websites a yesterday’s technology. Facebook has become so addictive that many visit website this day. They make user create fan page, group forum such that you facebook post comment but refused to post on your website. Company marketing now feel that why would they have create a website when they reach out to more population on Facebook. I mistakenly created a Facebook group forum that has over 20000 members and active comments but people visit the website and only view returned to facebook to post comment.

I hope google search will not soon become something of the past soon.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by yawatide(f): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Due to our busy schedules, many have now resorted to eating out at fast food joints. Having said that, some people still cook and eat at home. The former might be fast and easy, but in the long run, it is more expensive and not as healthy as the latter.

My point:
Sure, facebook might be popular. IMHO though, it is like having a yahoo.com or gmail.com email address for your business - it says you either don't have the money to invest in a site of your own or that you don't see the value in same.

Spend the money, create your own web presence. Use social media to complement, and not replace, your traditional, conventional website.

Happy new year!

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by greenmouse(m): 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Perfect reply Yewa. its been long

yawatide:
Due to our busy schedules, many have now resorted to eating out at fast food joints. Having said that, some people still cook and eat at home. The former might be fast and easy, but in the long run, it is more expensive and not as healthy as the latter.

My point:
Sure, facebook might be popular. IMHO though, it is like having a yahoo.com or gmail.com email address for your business - it says you either don't have the money to invest in a site of your own or that you don't see the value in same.

Spend the money, create your own web presence. Use social media to complement, and not replace, your traditional, conventional website.

Happy new year!
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2015
yawatide:

My point:

Happy new year!
Exacta, i dont have a word to add/remove/update for that matter. Happy new year to you.
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by Nmeri17: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2015
wow madam yawa where have u been
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by osile2012: 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
yawatide:

My point:

Happy new year!

[size=15pt]On Point. [/size]
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by smattkid9ja(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
its true I was.unable to manage my former site wapguruz.com because.I was very busy om fb.but.my.New website is doing well http://360loaded.com
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by cbrass(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
When I said that we should block Facebook and not rely heavily on it some webmasters asked me to shut up. It was only adewasco2k that saw the sense in what I was saying. Facebook just amplified the laziness in website owners and killed their creativity. No body wants to spend,every one wants a back door approach to the detriment of their site but to the glory of Facebook.

Let's block Facebook joh.so we can trive afteral China just blocked Google angry angry
Re: Facebook Is Killing Website by goverment(m): 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
Facebook is one of the social network that bring in traffic and readers, but as it is facebook now take all the credit and leave website owners behind.

When I launch my first blogsite I do have readers and comment, but after learning how to use facebook to gain traffic, I dexide to create a group page base on my blogsite.

I discoover that instead of commenting on my blohsite from each post I publish, facebook do view my post and made comment on my facebook group, something they just click the like button.

It think we should block facebook

(1) (Reply)

86wiz.com Is For Sale - A Naija Romantic Stories Blog / . / Best Wordpress Plugin To Display Ads (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.