Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Constitution And Religion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution And Religion (1310 Views)

Ese: Our Constitution And Security Forces Are Toothless! / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / NIGERIA: Federalism, The Constitution And Resource Control - History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
i've kinda thought of this for a while,but seem not to understand it well,hence the need to ask the Nobles in the house.

i've witnessed/watched the swearing-in ceremonies of Presidents and Governors;in each case,the Chief Judge always ask the individual whether He or She is a Christian or Muslim.After which a Bible or Quran is given to the individual as the case may be.

my question now is;does the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria recognise Religion?

Welcome to 2015!
Re: Constitution And Religion by herald9: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Of course... religion is the driving force of a nation...

But when I become the president... everyone will be free-thinkers undecided
Re: Constitution And Religion by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
Technically Religion is synonymous with politics cus the politicians hypnotize your consciousness with religion to get to your subconscious to gain your trust and vote.......Christianity was actually made law by politicians to the jews back in the day,I implore yall christians to go make research on this one.
Re: Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
herald9:

Driving force? undecided
herald9:

Driving force?
What do you mean?
Re: Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
aaronson:
Technically Religion is synonymous with politics cus the politicians hypnotize your consciousness with religion to get to your subconscious to gain your trust and vote.......Christianity was actually made law by politicians to the jews back in the day,I implore yall christians to go make research on this one.
Sorry bro. But you ended up confusing me the more!
Re: Constitution And Religion by herald9: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
kellyJames5:

Driving force? undecided

Driving force?
What do you mean?

What do you understand by the word driving force?
Re: Constitution And Religion by modhream: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
kellyJames5:
i've kinda thought of this for a while,but seem not to understand it well,hence the need to ask the Nobles in the house.

i've witnessed/watched the swearing-in ceremonies of Presidents and Governors;in each case,the Chief Judge always ask the individual whether He or She is a Christian or Muslim.After which a Bible or Quran is given to the individual as the case may be.

my question now is;does the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria recognise Religion?

Welcome to 2015!
Yes,the Constitution recognize religion.Our secularity is defined as freedom of religion AND freedom from religion.The freedom to practice whatever religion one chooses or to abstain from any.
Re: Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
herald9:

What do you understand by the word driving force?
Lolz......see cross examination!
Bro. Help a brother understand the "driving force" ish better na!
Thanks.
Re: Constitution And Religion by herald9: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
kellyJames5:

Lolz......see cross examination!
Bro. Help a brother understand the "driving force" ish better na!
Thanks.

hehehe
You've to learn some things on your own.
Re: Constitution And Religion by engrtee(f): 11:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
What if an atheist president is elected?how will he swear?
Re: Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2015
engrtee:
What if an atheist president is elected?how will he swear?
Hmmm.....
Another important question begging for answers!
Re: Constitution And Religion by kellyJames5(m): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2015
herald9:

hehehe
You've to learn some things on your own.

Okay,I caught the drift!
But what about an Atheist,as earlier asked?
Re: Constitution And Religion by herald9: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2015
kellyJames5:

Okay,I caught the drift!
But what about an Atheist,as earlier asked?

This actually caused a rift in the US army... where an atheist refused to say 'So help me God'

You know Nigeria is a religious state... I don't think there's any provision for the atheist since they're still minors...Nobody will come out and publicly declare that he's an atheist...

That's why if you want any seat in government, you've to swallow your belief and follow procedures...

Your belief won't put food on your table...

As for advanced countries...the law has been amended to suit the atheists too...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School Student Strips Unclad In The Classroom / His Opinion: The Holy Spirit Has Departed Rev. Father Mbaka / Apc Leader Is Dead With Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.