Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? (1440 Views)

Download This Fresh & Blazing Hot 9ja Mix "Killer Bangers" (2015) / Top10 Hottest Nigerian Club Bangers Of All Time / Listen And Download Naija Club Bangers Mixtape By Dj Maxi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by abdurrazaq(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2008
It has been a way of measuring achievement and acceptability of Musical Artistes for God knows when, what are my talking about? Party track some call it Club banger.

So many great artiste that have been into music or that are still in music have one time or the other release Club records for their fans.

We have two major types of fans: those that are interested in the level of intelligence in the lyrics of a music and those that are only moved by the beats on a record. Few people still get entertained with both lyrics and beat and the absence of either doesn't make them feel the record is a garbage.

Great Artistes like Tupac Shakur, Nas, R. Kelly, Talib Kweli etc have released party tracks in their careers but, What I've noticed is that not all the party tracks were felt enough to the extent of some their 'dull' tracks were felt.

Below are some of the lists of records that can't be classified as party tracks, yet accepted by fans:

Tupac - Dear Mama, Thugs Mansion, Ghetto Gospel, Brenda's got a baby, etc.
Nas - Bridging the gap, One Mic
Talib Kweli - Momma can you hear me
The Game - Dreams, Big Dreams, My Life, etc
R. Kelly - I believe I can fly, Trapped in the closet, I wish, etc
Asa - All the tracks in her debut album
Tuface - African Queen
Modenine - Cry
Mary J. Blige - Be without you
Ruggedman - Ruggedy Baba
OJB Jezreel - Searching, Shitta Anthem, Beautiful as you are

Some tracks were party favourites but never help the Artistes to blow.

So my question is, should we really judge Artiste based on the beats or lyrics on their records? Definitely our answers would vary but, I think those that stick with the latter alone shouldn't be ignored or termed dry 'cos some love it like that and, artiste that focus more on beats are not all whack, some of them make more sense if only we could listen for once.
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by abdurrazaq(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2008
I think this interview with Scarface is interesting and close to the topic at hand
Most people heard about the interview you did with DJ Vlad when you were saying “F*ck Rap”, so you obviously have some issues with the industry. If you were the overseer of the Hip-Hop/Rap game, how would you start to rebuild?

I’d start from the top. The first thing is everything would have to be screened. The fu*cking fruit snack Rap would be done.

What’s considered fruit snack Rap?

Anything that punishes Hip-Hop.

Well what do you think punishes Hip-Hop?

Anything that does not add to the art form and that takes away from what Hip-Hop is. Hip-Hop is a feeling man, it’s a way of life. Anything that radio plays is wack. All the great records don’t get played. I feel like radio and big record companies are trying to destroy Black music with the shit that they play… by the way that they exploit it. You got Black America thinking it’s cool for women to walk around with their breasts out. I think to cover up what’s really going on today in the world they flood the market with some bullshit. It’s like Watergate, the shit is a crime.

Is there one record label in particular that you believe engages in this the most?

I’d say all of them, that’s my one record label. The shit went from Eric B and Rakim to fuddy duddy and the tennis shoe clique [laughs]. Now videos are about drinking champagne, show as much jewellery and ride in all the fu*king cars.

Would you fire some record label executives?

No, I’d make them muthaf*ckas come see me like the United Nations before they do something. In 1989 or 1999 if you brought that bullshit in, you would’ve got laughed at.

What about certain artists? Jay-Z has been doing it for quite sometime, how do you feel about his position in the rap game right now?

Who Jay? He’s the best, what else could you say? He got here and all you can do is move forward. He’s a UFO baller! Jigga’s the unidentified flying object, he’s skyballin’, we’re playing basic ball.

How do you feel about an artist like Soulja Boy?

I think Soulja Boy had a brilliant idea, what he did with it was great. He took what he had and made money from it. If he’s that f*cking smart he’s going to be a billionaire. So I got a lot of respect for Soulja Boy. I don’t have respect for all the shit that gets like 50,000 spins a week for eight months, and then when their record comes out they sell like eight copies the first week. Their six months into their album and they only got 3000 records, but they sold 150,000 ringtones. How do you face your momma with that shit? I think it’s bullshit, it discredits the whole Hip-Hop movement when you resort to ringtone rapping. It’s not respecting the game, it’s disrespecting it. I think the internet, Black radio and big record companies are hurting Black music.

Would you ever want to be the head of a record label again?

Yeah, but I’d probably be fired like the third week. I’m not going to sign that two step shit. They’ll be thinking oh man this is f*cking hot for the radio… I’m like this shit is f*cking trash. How can a gang of white boys tell a n*gga what’s hot? Quote that, I said that, I said it!

How the f*ck can you tell me about Hip-Hop, man… I’m Hip-Hop! So I think the f*cking roles need to be reversed. N*ggas should be sitting behind the desk, them muthaf*ckas should be running around. Giving certain artists the spotlight, their moving inside our position, it’s bullshit!

How do you feel about white rappers?

I don’t mind if they rap, I just mind them playing slave master and slave driver. It’s white boys who own the big magazines that talk about rap. A white woman owns the biggest rap magazine in the South. Don’t get me wrong I love her, but does she know more about Hip-Hop than you? Here I go! [Laughs]

http://bossip.com/65880/fruit-snack-rap-must-die/#more-65880
What do you think
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by tosinadeda: 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2008
Its the both for me!
If u cnt deliver both type of music,fucc u then!
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by tosinadeda: 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2008
Its the both for me!
If u cnt deliver both type of music,fucc u then!
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by davidt(m): 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2008
Basically, right now, Rap music is kind of messed up and has deviated from what it originally was. Originally, rap music was about lyrical versatility and skill but now that aspect has been lost.

That's one of the reasons I listen to UK Grime. A good example is the UK Grime rapper 'Kano', also 'Dizee Rascal'. UK Grime music originally came from rap battles in which one person raps and the other replies and all that stuff. So UK Grime is not all about the beats but about the lyrical and vocal skill of the rapper and I really love that sort of music. But upon observation, one would notice that such artists are heavily underrated probably because they do not produce the so-called 'club bangers'. I think the whole rap business is messed up. But what can one do, nothing.
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by blinx(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2008
Both ways. Party or no party, let the song make sense to me.
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by vanhelsing(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
Both kind of music defines a true artiste, club bangin music aint suppose to make sense,
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by abdurrazaq(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2009
vanhelsing:

Both kind of music defines a true artiste, club bangin music aint suppose to make sense,
You're are right, a complete artiste should be able to switch style. Club banging music sometimes make sense though cool
Re: Let's Address This Issue Once, Club Bangers Or Real Music? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2009
They both serve different purpose.
If you can eat your cake and have it, well, good.
PS
Nas is not known to do Party songs.
U Owe Me ft Ginuwine is basically the only party song he went out of his way to do, according to him.

(1) (Reply)

Numark Axis 9 Cd Mixer For Sale. / Charley Boy - Commercial Waist / Obianuju (duncan Mighty) Vs Obianuju Remix (jaytown Rap Remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.