Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,195 members, 7,860,282 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Stepping Into The New Year In Church, What Is The Importance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stepping Into The New Year In Church, What Is The Importance? (371 Views)

If This Girl Sit In Your Front In Church, What Will You Do?(photo) / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Stepping On His Members (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stepping Into The New Year In Church, What Is The Importance? by lolaxavier(m): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
It beats me to understand why most people prefer to step into the new year in church. How important is this? I overheard a neighbour criticizing and bad-mouthing her daughter for refusing to go to church tonight to shout happy new year. Must this be?
Some people even consider you as being ungrateful to God if you don't perform this annual ritual.
Viewing this from another dimension, don't you think this is just more of a core Nigerian/African exercise rather than a general practice? You'll probably tend to find most Europeans in a pub or with friends and family at the eve of New Year.
Your opinion...

1 Like

Re: Stepping Into The New Year In Church, What Is The Importance? by dyadeleye(m): 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
Liking this post and sipping ma orijin in ma room Jejely....no time for arrant nonsense...
Baba God don answer my prayer before.
Re: Stepping Into The New Year In Church, What Is The Importance? by lolaxavier(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2015
....while I'm at home watching 'koto orun'... wink

(1) (Reply)

How Is New Year's Eve Celebrated In Space? / Friday Sermon: Commit To Prayer To Find Inner Peace / Journey Through The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.