Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? (689 Views)

Nigerian Army Conducts Successful Raid On Boko Haram Camps In Borno..photos / Jonathan Holds Buhari's Hand So Tight As He Conducts Him Around Aso Villa (photo / Osinbanjo-embarrassing-christians-with-his-conduct. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? by HoluwadareY(m): 4:08am On Jan 01, 2015
In this piece posted on Daily Post, Bayelsa-born Kali Gwegwe criticizes the political activities of the Vice-presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo.
Read the article below:
I have deep respect for pastors not necessarily because I am a Christian. I do so because they are Messengers of God. Nevertheless, truth is just. Truth is correctional. It does not cover up errors or weaknesses. These are the fundamental basis for this piece. It has no political undertone.
Following his nomination as the running mate to General Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential flag bearer of APC in the February 14 polls; Pastor Yemi Osibanjo has been seen riding in public buses and having two-way engagements with the downtrodden. This is traditionally what is expected of Servants of God.Pastor Yemi Osibanjo is probably among the legion of Christian leaders that criticize Prophet T.B. Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) for screening his works of charity on Emmanuel TV. They have deliberately refused to acknowledge the fact that T.B. Joshua is simply following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ to show love and compassion for the less privileged. It is owing to his deep understanding of Scriptures that the General Overseer of SCOAN caters for the poor, weak, sick, neglected, rejected, and vulnerable in society.
It was therefore curious that Pastor Yemi Osibanjo suddenly realized the important position the downtrodden occupy in society and in the heart of God. In all his years as pastor, Yemi Osibanjo has never been highlighted in the media preaching the Gospel in public buses or taking the message of salvation to personally and directly to the downtrodden. Only God knows how many souls he would have won for Christ if he done so. Many Christians were therefore shocked that he could do the unusual because of political power.
My worry is this: Pastor Yemi Osibanjo has sent out a wrong message to the larger society. He has indeed succeeded in making people believe that POLITICS- NOT CHRISTIANITY CAN HELP BRING OUT THE BEST IN MEN. It is sad that desire for political power is what is making him to do what he could not do as a pastor. This is not good for the Christian faith.
This piece does not seek to crucify Pastor Yemi Osibanjo. Rather, it is a challenge to all Christians to live up to their callings. Christianity is the pillar of hope for the hopeless, shelter for the vulnerable, and balm for the wounded. Christianity has no season. I just hope that Pastor Yemi Osibanjo will never stop riding in public buses and spending quality time with the downtrodden whether he wins or loses in the February 14, 2015 polls
For those who will rush to accuse me of judging Pastor Yemi Osibanjo, I have a question for them: Is it right for us to hold our leaders accountable for their actions? Pastor Yemi Osibanjo is a Christian leader. What I have done is holding him responsible for his actions. More than that, it is written in Proverbs 27:17 that “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Like any other person, Pastor Yemi Osibanjo is my friend.
Gwegew’s criticisms are a bit out of place as he would rather attack the personality of the professor rather than stick to issues.

Source:http://www.naij.com/352083-is-osinbanjo-embarrassing-christians-with-his-conduct.html
Re: Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? by PassingShot(m): 4:10am On Jan 01, 2015
Another confused and possibly paid writer. So Osinbajo should not campaign having accepted to be a running mate to the People's General?

He is not embarrassing Christianity. You are the one now embarrassing yourself and whatever faith you profess.

Hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? by sojjy: 4:21am On Jan 01, 2015
Get back to your pay master that Nigerians are wiser now and your campaign of calumy has no weight again.

The Prof. has taken his campaign to the poor masses who have been affected by the policies of your Oga at the top. The result of the election will be so shocking.
CHANGE IS HERE!
SAI BUHARI!!
SAI APC!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Embarrassing Christianity With His Conducts? by ANBAKO: 5:47am On Jan 01, 2015
To your question....No Osinbanjo is no embarrassing Christianity.

Cluelessness of a clueless Mr Clueless.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is This Buhari's Missing Result?? Lol / Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Is A Lunatic - Gov. Shettima / APC VICE PRESIDENT OSINBAJO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.