Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Questions About Religious People And Their Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Religious People And Their Children (1482 Views)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Pictured With Their Children / Mike & Gloria Bamiloye With Their Children Looking Great In A Sunday Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
Do religious people put their religion above the welfare of their children?

Are they so enamoured by whichever creed that they were indoctrinated into that they push the welfare of their own children into the background in pursuit of the drug that is the 'spiritual high'?

Are they so frightened by the religious bodies, the hierarchies within the religious institutions that they put their own children in harm's way?

Is their trust in religion and the religious institutions (and their representatives) such that they are blind to the potential abuse that may (and has often) arisen?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by ogaofficer(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by CrazyScientist: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2015
e.g ?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
E.g. the numerous instances of child abuse uncovered within the Catholic church.

The cases of abuse found within Catholic schools, also Islamic schools and Jewish schools ( see here http:///RTbnN and here http:///XBaqia)

And the obvious cases of parental neglect within Nigeria that cause children to go to school without books but their parents are donating to the church. Or children being kept up all night at a 'church programme' and thus not being able to complete homework.

See here for more cases of parental neglect - http:///tRPY40.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by italo: 1:49am On Jan 02, 2015
Atheist, why are you bothered?

If there is no God and we are all products of chance, why do you consider it bad to neglect children?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by Joshthefirst(m): 7:51am On Jan 02, 2015
The welfare of my child is one of the highest advances of what I believe in. So your question can make no sense in some belief circles.

And my child will be given the best welfare of all: he will know the truth. He will be blessed to bless others.
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
Joshthefirst:
The welfare of my child is one of the highest advances of what I believe in. So your question can make no sense in some belief circles.

And my child will be given the best welfare of all: he will know the truth. He will be blessed to bless others.

It makes perfect sense if you observe the behaviour within such families.

What 'truth' do you speak of? Is it not a 'faith' that you follow?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
italo:
Atheist, why are you bothered?

If there is no God and we are all products of chance, why do you consider it bad to neglect children?

Because how children are treated (or mistreated) has a great bearing on the welfare of a nation. Abused people go on to abuse others.

If we only have one life we should make the best of it by doing right by each other in the here and now.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by italo: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
mmsen:

Because how children are treated (or mistreated) has a great bearing on the welfare of a nation. Abused people go onto abuse others.

If we only have one life we should make the best of it by doing right by each other in the here and now.

Atheist, if there is no God, what makes you say it is wrong to abuse children or anyone else?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
italo:

Atheist, if there is no God, what makes you say it is wrong to abuse children or anyone else?

The above is the thought process of a morally bankrupt human being.

What is it so difficult about treating other human beings with love and consideration as a matter of principle?

Do you really need a fairy tale to inform you of the need to treat the next generation with love?

3 Likes

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by Joshthefirst(m): 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
mmsen:

It makes perfect sense if you observe the behaviour within such families.
what? I meant that giving my child good welfare and real love is one of the highest advances of what I believe in. Looking at the behaviours of families who act on what they believe as I do will be looking at godly homes where children are brought up in an environment of peace and love for one another and for Jesus.

mmsen:
What 'truth' do you speak of? Is it not a 'faith' that you follow?
Of course. Faith in the truth. I have faith in the truth.
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by mmsen: 12:16am On Jan 04, 2015
Joshthefirst:
what? I meant that giving my child good welfare and real love is one of the highest advances of what I believe in. Looking at the behaviours of families who act on what they believe as I do will be looking at godly homes where children are brought up in an environment of peace and love for one another and for Jesus.

There are billions of people on this planet who are raised without any knowledge of Jesus.

Many of them turn out wonderfully.

The less mysticism that you fill a child's head with the better.

It's odd to grow up realizing that your parents force fed you a fairy tale. Sad even that said fairy tale could tear a family apart should one or all of the children choose to ask the hard questions about religious 'faith'.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by italo: 5:11am On Jan 04, 2015
mmsen:

The above is the thought process of a morally bankrupt human being.

What is so difficult about treating other human beings with love and consideration as a matter of principle?

Do you really need a fairy tale to inform you of the need to treat the next generation with love?

1. Before you say I'm "morally bankrupt," you should be able to explain what is "moral."

2. Whose standard/definition of "love and consideration "should all humans follow? I know Atheists like you who abuse (have sex with) children because they (claim to) love these children. Is this what you too mean by "love and consideration?"
www.nambla.org
At least no Catholic who abused children has defended his actions as good.

3. Does your definition of "love and consideration" for the "next generation," like that of most Atheists, include killing them in the womb when you see them as a burden?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by italo: 5:19am On Jan 04, 2015
mmsen:

There are billions of people on this planet who are raised without any knowledge of Jesus.

It's odd to grow up realizing that your parents force fed you a fairy tale. Sad even that said fairy tale could tear a family apart should one or all of the children choose to ask the hard questions about religious 'faith'.

All you said above are without evidence. Just you own opinion.
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by Joshthefirst(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
mmsen:

That depends on your definition of wonderful. Raising a child without teaching him about Jesus is not wonderful upbringing to me. Sorry.

I have said enough about my faith and my children. You never said your thread was about comparison now did you?
Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by italo: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
Joshthefirst:
That depends on your definition of wonderful. Raising a child without teaching him about Jesus is not wonderful upbringing to me. Sorry.

I have said enough about my faith and my children. You never said your thread was about comparison now did you?

Let him tell us what he means by "wonderful" and why the whole humanity must adhere to his idea of wonderful.

it was wonderful to Hitler to kill 6 million Jews.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Religious People And Their Children by macof(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Joshthefirst:

You mean he would be forced to ur belief like you were forced by ur parents

Isn't that depriving the child's potential for obtaining knowledge

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Call This,_________ ? / Opinion: Why Is Jesus Always A White Man?? & The Devil A Black Guy / An Overwhelming Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.