Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari (1963 Views)

Obiano, Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbe Watching Anambra Rice Being Harvested-pictures / N5bn Found In Army General’s Daughter’s Account / Ogbe-Ijoh Police Station In Warri Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Sunbassen(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ogbe leads N5bn yam sales for Buhari

JANUARY 1, 2015 BY NAN
39 Comments
A former Peoples Democratic Party National Chairman, Chief Audu Ogbe, will on January 4 inaugurate the sale of five million tubers of yam donated by farmers to raise N5bn for All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and his deputy, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

The Public Relations Officer of the APC Micro Finance Cooperative Society Ltd, Mrs Felicia Yakzum, said in a statement on Thursday in Jos that the sales would commence at Mararaban Demshin in Qua’an Pan Local Government Area of Plateau State.

She said an APC-organised New Year wrestling tournament and the ‘Job Opportunities for Osinbajo and Buhari Supporters’  would also be inaugurated.

Yakzum said Ogbe was behind the yam initiative and had been appointed chairman for the sales.

The spokesperson said JOOBS on the other hand, would create opportunities for the unemployed youths nationwide to be engaged meaningfully to enhance their lives.

Yakzum said, “We have constituted a committee charged with the responsibility of creating job opportunities for youth supporters of the Muhammadu Buhari/ Prof Yemi Osinbajo ticket.”

She said those targeted were secondary school leavers, retrenched workers, pensioners, physically challenged persons, and the internally displaced with valid voter card.
http://www.punchng.com/news/ogbe-leads-n5bn-yam-sales-for-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by delishpot: 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Dem want play with my brain abi na wetin be this? 5Million tubbers of yam? Where dem for see am? Naim be say yam no dey naija market again be that o.
Anywhich way, dem need a reason to raise money without raising eye brows. What can we do? Na dem dem go still use millions buy one yam.
Abeg, anyone who buys that yam should frame it o. That is yam of history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by diepreyefrank: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hehehehehehhehehe

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Same ogbe that morgage the future of Nigerian youths under OBJ, Its is evident these hungry cabals perceived every youth as dullards as those thugs they manipulate for suicide bombing. 5million yams indeed. This idiotic gimmick can only work on gullible APC supporters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hope he doesn't truncate the ambition of Gen. Buhari like he inadvertently helped destroy the APC sponsored BBOG campaign.
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
delishpot:
Dem want play with my brain abi na wetin be this? 5Million tubbers of yam? Where dem for see am? Naim be say yam no dey naija market again be that o.
Anywhich way, dem need a reason to raise money without raising eye brows. What can we do? Na dem dem go still use millions buy one yam.
Abeg, anyone who buys that yam should frame it o. That is yam of history
Ori eh ti buru ni grin

Anyways... GoOd MoRniNg Nairaland!

TeamTBJoshua cool

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by dhantey324(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ehen... 5billion, 5million yam farmers.. I dey laff.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by oluspencer(m): 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
When will buhari auction his cattles?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by delishpot: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Ori eh ti buru ni grin

Anyways... GoOd MoRniNg Nairaland!

TeamTBJoshua cool

Team TB again? Is there something I am missing? TB dey contest this year?
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by donmalcolm21(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
They ve started rearing their heads. Please how many tubers of yam are planted in the North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by delishpot: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
donmalcolm21:
They ve started rearing their heads. Please how many tubers of yam are planted in the North.

Help me ask dem o.
This is a trick to throw all those people who like to look for sponsers of APC. At least now they make it clear that they sold 5 million tubbers of yam to raise cash. Howmuch be the yam and howmany people are they targeting?
Chei, see how politicians dey use our heads play ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by adeyemik: 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
5 million yams to raise 5 billion Naira, making a tuber to cost NGN1,000. Abeg na which kan yam bi this? Haha people deceiving people, una no try at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by ibisko04: 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
JudismphD:
Same ogbe that morgage the future of Nigerian youths under OBJ, Its is evident these hungry cabals perceived every youth as dullards as those thugs they manipulate for suicide bombing. 5million yams indeed. This idiotic gimmick can only work on gullible APC supporters.
Read your history very well, Ogbeh disagreement with Obj was the cause of his outage from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by musicwriter(m): 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
5million yams will have to sell at N1,000 each to raise N5Billion. This's nothing but the more you look the less you see scheme.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by appini: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
The con-men are all playing lottery with Buhari's name, been a dullard he cannot see the big hand-writing on the wall.

Let them start selling yam's, before they finish selling; GEJ must have been inaugurated for 2nd term.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by tit(f): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
no farmer will give even one yam to any buhari.

ogbe is just a con man. he has chopped atiku money finish and is looking who to chop again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by lekhane(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
This guy will make history if he wins with all this innovations. Thumbs up GMB

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Sunbassen(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
Immediately the yam is branded 'APC yam' , it will be worth the price!(Don't undermine the power of packaging). Let's watch the drama unfold..Moreover, 5m tubers of yam can be provided by 119, 048 would-be husbands seeking to marry from Yorubaland (42 tubers of yam per list) kinni big deal?.Let's not cry over nothing jare. The yam will sure taste different from the conventional yam. A sign that agric can sustain us in the face of dwindling oil price?

2 Likes

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by tit(f): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sunbassen:
Immediately the yam is branded 'APC yam' , it will be worth the price!(Don't undermine the power of packaging). Let's watch the drama unfold..Moreover, 5m tubers of yam can be provided by 119, 048 would-be husbands seeking to marry from Yorubaland (42 tubers of yam per list) kinni big deal?.Let's not cry over nothing jare. The yam will sure taste different from the conventional yam. A sign that agric can sustain us in the face of dwindling oil price?

ha ha ha
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Sunbassen(m): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
tit:

ha ha ha
shocked shocked shocked

Tit, what do you think?
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by tit(f): 12:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Sunbassen:

Tit, what do you think?

any young man wey buy apc yam go give him woman papa who is one of the looters in pdp no want make him marry!

2 Likes

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Eziachi: 12:27am On Jan 02, 2015
delishpot:

Help me ask dem o.
This is a trick to throw all those people who like to look for sponsers of APC. At least now they make it clear that they sold 5 million tubbers of yam to raise cash. Howmuch be the yam and howmany people are they targeting?
Chei, see how politicians dey use our heads play ba?
Have you heard about raffle or bazaar sales in churches or communities to raise money for community development?
An orange fruit can sell for $10k to raise funds. Not that an orange worth that much, but just the symbolism.
A supporter of Buhari may decide to buy 20 rubbers for a million dollar. Thanks how it works.

Every Igbos person should be familiar with it as its quite a common process of raising funds in Igboland by communities and churches.

In the developed world a charity auction can see a child drawing sold for thousands of pounds or dollars.
You can pay hundreds thousands of dollars for the privilege to dine with a celebrity as a way of raising funds for a campaign.

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by delishpot: 12:32am On Jan 02, 2015
Eziachi:
Have you heard about raffle or bazaar sales in churches or communities to raise money for community development?
An orange fruit can sell for $10k to raise funds. Not that an orange worth that much, but just the symbolism.
A supporter of Buhari may decide to buy 20 rubbers for a million dollar. Thanks how it works.

Every Igbos person should be familiar with it as its quite a common process of raising funds in Igboland by communities and churches.

In the developed world a charity auction can see a child drawing sold for thousands of pounds or dollars.
You can pay hundreds thousands of dollars for the privilege to dine with a celebrity as a way of raising funds for a campaign.

I understand and I know where you are comming from. If I never enter developed world before sef, I don enter church. I know Ikore.
They do not need to sell yams nau they will just cause inflation on the prices of yams. How many yams will be left for the masses to buy after the farmers give 5 million tubers to APC?
They should just call on all supporters to donate gaskia. If they must sell something, they should sell tee shirt, pens and face caps with APC logo and leave our stomach out of this o.
Dem never donate sef, food expensive, when dem donate finish, yam go turn to gold in value. Na beg I dey beg dem biko.

1 Like

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by Eziachi: 1:54am On Jan 02, 2015
delishpot:

I understand and I know where you are comming from. If I never enter developed world before sef, I don enter church. I know Ikore.
They do not need to sell yams nau they will just cause inflation on the prices of yams. How many yams will be left for the masses to buy after the farmers give 5 million tubers to APC?
They should just call on all supporters to donate gaskia. If they must sell something, they should sell tee shirt, pens and face caps with APC logo and leave our stomach out of this o.
Dem never donate sef, food expensive, when dem donate finish, yam go turn to gold in value. Na beg I dey beg dem biko.
Do you think they will throw the yams into the ocean? The so called yam was a campaign gift from farmers, not like the bought it.
It's still going to be eaten somehow. Since when do care about the masses anyway?
Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by tit(f): 2:42am On Jan 02, 2015
this APC peoples are too daft!
what an idea?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogbe Leads N5bn Yam Sales For Buhari by delishpot: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2015
Eziachi:
Do you think they will throw the yams into the ocean? The so called yam was a campaign gift from farmers, not like the bought it.
It's still going to be eaten somehow. Since when do care about the masses anyway?

Biko, is it not those same farmers that put food into the market? Abi do we have 5 million yam farmers in naija?
As it stands, most farmers will bring almost all they harvested and donate to APC. Well. This is typical naija sha, forget about the masses and focus on our own campaign. Afterall we did not force the farmers to starve the nation, they decided to do so of their own free will, we dont need to discourage them on the effect their act will have on the natons food basket. Better for us even, let people pay more for food so they can blame gej more.
Well, if he wants this act to pack more punch, let him encourage tomato farmers to donate too, and then pepper farmers and then cassava farmers, inshort, he should make all Niger farmers donate to him. That way, food will become expensive. They donate yam for free, it enters the market at 10times its price cos those who bought it wont eat all.
Thatsvmy own take o. I may be wrong sha. But time shall tell.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Listed In Chatham House (UK) Schedule For Thur 26feb2015 / Nairalanders Do You Have Your PVC? Enter the PVC challenge!!! / Graphic Photos!!! See What Pdp Did In Rivers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.