Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life (31916 Views)

12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 6:32am On Jan 03, 2015
Before now In my thoughts, I always had the mind-set that, even when some people say Nigeria is so bad I thought that as an overstatement; not knowing that it's even worse than what anyone can imagine.

I was doing a job hunt this early morning. Then I found this miserable job offer ,Mathematics Teacher who's going to be offered a monthly salary of 8000 naira.

On seeing this ,I was like my eyes saw double,so I checked it again. I was so devastated by this ,and I had to close up my browser out of annoyance.

What could be the reason behind the moribund state of all Nigeria's sector.

Everything in Nigeria is sordid and paralysed ,I wonder what Nigeria is going to look like in the next 4 years.
I pray that God helps us all.

5 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Unionised(m): 6:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Start your own Bro.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 6:40am On Jan 03, 2015
By the grace of God ,I have a job, I'm only seeking for a better offer. Which I believe in God ,he's going to provide me very soon.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by braine(m): 6:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Some people would come here and say you are lazy and you don't want to work, and that you should "manage" what you get. cheesy ... Job seekers have suffered.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by yomi007k(m): 6:50am On Jan 03, 2015
U didn't tell us how many hrs will u spend a day?

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mcbussy(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2015
yomi007k:
U didn't tell us how many hrs will u spend a day?

Even if its 30mins per day,is 8k per month a job? undecided

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by yomi007k(m): 7:07am On Jan 03, 2015
Mcbussy:

Even if its 30mins per day,is 8k per month a job? undecided
Yes it is because I can have 10 of that and it will make 80k.
Dey dere dey whine, u neva jam.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kilokeys(m): 7:13am On Jan 03, 2015
if u are an average student in maths u wouldnt even consider it.
lets say u work 8 to 2pm, 5 times a week thats 6 hours * 5 days = 30 hours

for a month u would have spent, 30 * 4 = 120hours

amount received per hour, 8,000/120= 66.6 naira per hour

66.6 naira is equivalent to 0.36 dollars

a non grad abroad cleaning floors earns 12 dollars per hour (33 times better).

only weak minded, timid and dull people would consider that offer

147 Likes 16 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2015
Is it part time teacher?

If yes,if you are very good at it,take up like three,or four of such,and evening classes too,at the end of the month,you can be going home with 70k+

talking from experience.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Hollawaley(m): 7:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Find ways to start yours

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mcbussy(m): 7:27am On Jan 03, 2015
yomi007k:

Yes it is because I can have 10 of that and it will make 80k.
Dey dere dey whine, u neva jam.

Yes,go and have 10 of it...cos u are a machine. U should know that there's no school dat would even pay u and expect u to just breeze in and out.

Another point of correction,I am not d op,I'm not d one whining, and its most likely I'm doing far far better than u. U don't know me. wink

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Daintilicious(f): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2015
And you wonder why students are queuing for private centre for WAEC after schooling in the so-called private school

8k teacher = 8k teaching, low moral

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kramer: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2015
Dude you can always negotiate for a higher salary as long as you show them your worth. 8k is the least offer
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 03, 2015
GEJ till of una get sense! grin

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by sammondonpoint(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2015
funny enough when I was applying for teaching Job, the three different Schools I saw offered the same amount, I don't bother resuming because I know they are part of unfortunate Schools we are talking about. The funniest thing is that two out these schools are secondary schools, Even the proprietor told me am gonna be teaching Mathematics and Further Maths from SS1 to SS3 with N8000 per month... grin grin grin.... I told him he should not worry that I will resume the next day.....

Closing the school gate....I took to my heels cheesy cheesy

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by babs01(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2015
na 8k dey suprise u, u neva see 2.5k before?
btw, I tot they said minimum wage is 20k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by jonescyras(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2015
Op be like.......

Yeh!...8,000 naira?...that is the amount I spend on data plan every month!......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mercykayy(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2015
Can't help but laugh out loud. #8000 after wasting your saliva? How do they except students to be brilliant? ... But wait,is the offer for a school cert holder?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by An2elect2(f): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2015
embarassed embarassed I thought mathematics is a noble course everywhere?

OP pls don't misinform us abeg cos that's not the case in most places.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by pekeyim: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2015
I actually didn't know what to comment,
But u can be teaching twice a month that pay,
Where was the job advertised in the first place?
Make I apply sharp sharp.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by JigsawKillah(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2015
Get self employed Oga
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by gbaskiboy: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2015
the most painful thing is you will nt be paid immidiately d month ends. What a shame!

6 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Jostico: 8:26am On Jan 03, 2015
bro people day pack shit a month 5k.......
Na God hand we dey.....
Olorun dari jimi
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by An2elect2(f): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2015
jonescyras:
Mercykayy:
pekeyim:
Uvv

I don catch una. Ignoramuses.grin

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by haibe(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2015
What do u expect from a country where income distribution is far from being equal? A country where the rich gets richer at the detriment of others being poor. At least they have proved that stealing isn't corruption so it is expected.

The blame shouldn't go to the employer but to the government, at least the employer didn't force no one to take up the offer. All i know is that 2015 will be a great year for me and my country, we need a change and I strongly believe GMB will be a positive change agent.

GMB TILL ..................

11 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by jammyunn(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2015
That's how low education is now valued in Nigeria. And they expect the teacher to be effective?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by desmondDessi(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2015
hmmm......they need a JAMBITE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Rufai Posted Job Vacancies On His Facebook Page / Lagos State Government Recruitment For Graduates 2017 / Russian Oil Firms Plan 10,000 Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.