Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Ps3 Not Playing Disks - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps3 Not Playing Disks (1946 Views)

Help:my Games Are Not Playing. / Help! Football Manager Not Playing On My PC / Help!! Pes 13 And 15 Not Playing On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps3 Not Playing Disks by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 03, 2015
My ps3 has stop playing disks, pls what should i do
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by cao(f): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
yhomz093:
My ps3 has stop playing disks, pls what should i do
Now this one I'm a pro at, if it's the issue I think it is. Does it not play any disc (BR, DVDs & CDs)? Or does it only refuse to play BRs (PS3 games & BR films)? And does it make the ejection noise when you put the disc in?

If it's the BR one with the ejection noise, then I can give you my usual non-evasive fixes.
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
cao:

Now this one I'm a pro at, if it's the issue I think it is. Does it not play any disc (BR, DVDs & CDs)? Or does it only refuse to play BRs (PS3 games & BR films)? And does it make the ejection noise when you put the disc in?

If it's the BR one with the ejection noise, then I can give you my usual non-evasive fixes.
it doesn't make any noise... I haven't tested DVD's bt I've tested all my game cds and it's not reading it
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by cao(f): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
yhomz093:
it doesn't make any noise... I haven't tested DVD's bt I've tested all my game cds and it's not reading it
Check with DVDs & CDs, this is to see if the problem only happens with BRs. If it's only occurs with the BRs, then it's either a hardware problem (then you'd need to replace the BR lens) or a software problem (usually a corrupt boot file).
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
cao:

Check with DVDs & CDs, this is to see if the problem only happens with BRs. If it's only occurs with the BRs, then it's either a hardware problem (then you'd need to replace the BR lens) or a software problem (usually a corrupt boot file).
what if it doesn't play DVD's and cds too does it mean I'll have to change the lens?
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by cao(f): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
yhomz093:
what if it doesn't play DVD's and cds too does it mean I'll have to change the lens?
Yup.
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
cao:

Yup.
like how much does it cost and where can I change it?
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by ololo12: 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
It shouldn't be more than 10-15k
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by cao(f): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
yhomz093:
like how much does it cost and where can I change it?
Not a clue, but the thing is if it's a software problem, then you would have wasted all your money for naught. If it's the corrupt boot file, then enter the safe mode and select Restore File System. Be sure you choose this option, it won't delete your saves, files, playlists etc. This link will show you how to enter safe mode.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

I just realised I never asked which model of PS3 you're using.

One of the other ways I use is to clean my BR lens with a BR lens cleaner. And another is to play a downloaded game (a demo also works), then inserting the BR into the PS3 and then pressing the PS button - the disc icon will then pop up in the necessary area (under video for films, under games for games). One other thing I've also found is, if I leave my disc in the PS3 and then it shuts down, I've to sort out the nonsense all over again.

If it's the hardware problem, I know I should have the link saved somewhere.
Re: Ps3 Not Playing Disks by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
cao:

Not a clue, but the thing is if it's a software problem, then you would have wasted all your money for naught. If it's the corrupt boot file, then enter the safe mode and select Restore File System. Be sure you choose this option, it won't delete your saves, files, playlists etc. This link will show you how to enter safe mode.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

I just realised I never asked which model of PS3 you're using.

One of the other ways I use is to clean my BR lens with a BR lens cleaner. And another is to play a downloaded game (a demo also works), then inserting the BR into the PS3 and then pressing the PS button - the disc icon will then pop up in the necessary area (under video for films, under games for games). One other thing I've also found is, if I leave my disc in the PS3 and then it shuts down, I've to sort out the nonsense all over again.

If it's the hardware problem, I know I should have the link saved somewhere.
nothing is working, i guess i have to change the lens

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Ps Vita / God Of War III / First God Of War III Review: Perfect Score, Best Game Ever Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.