Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance (9745 Views)

Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet / Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / Lagos Property Very Suitable 4 a Bank Branch, Private Residence or Office 4 Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by barakah(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm shopping for an ideal entrance door for my two bedroom apartment.
The area marked in red is a 4 feet door space which serves as the entrance to the living room of the building...See attached photo!

I have the option of buying a Turkey made door worth N120,000 or its China made alternative of same amount.
I could also opt for a locally made steel door for N40,000.

Both options however have their own little disadvantages ranging from durability,metal corrosion and maintenance.

What do you think experts in the house?

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by obua: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
We can supply you locally made and aesthetically pleasing doors for 80k. Material used is galvanised steel for both door panels and frame of 1 and 2mm thickness with nylon formaica cover. It used by many banks. Its very sturdy and better than foreign options for that price.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
obua:
We can supply you locally made and aesthetically pleasing doors for 80k. Material used is galvanised steel for both door panels and frame of 1 and 2mm thickness with nylon formaica cover. It used by many banks. Its very sturdy and better than foreign options for that price.

Why not post the sample pictures of what you have here..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
Why are front entry doors costing $700?

What am I missing?
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Here is a damn good door for $650 at Home Depot (I can find it $200 cheer inside of 5 minutes on the web). Not sure how much ChinoSXL will charge to ship to Lagos though.

Why can't this be manufactured cheaper in Nigeria?

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:
Here is a damn good door for $650 at Home Depot (I can find it $200 cheer inside of 5 minutes on the web). Not sure how much ChinoSXL will charge to ship to Lagos though.

What is the specifications and name or brand of this door at Home Depot.. Please post details and link, so I can go to my local Home Depot here and inspect. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by barakah(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:
Here is a damn good door for $650 at Home Depot.

Its still too expensive at $650.
What rate of exchange are you using?

Shipment cost will also make it hit the roof.

They can sure be fabricated here by local craftsmen but with rough edges here and there.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

What is the specifications and name or brand of this door at Home Depot.. Please post details and link, so I can go to my local Home Depot here and inspect. Thank you.

Hajji M.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Feather-River-Doors-Rochester-Patina-Fan-Lite-Unfinished-Smooth-Fiberglass-Entry-Door-with-Sidelite-473190-2A4/205202431?MERCH=RV-_-rv_nav_plp_rr-_-NA-_-205202431-_-N

** Please note that I simply used this as a reference on what I would use on my house, not a blank recommendation **
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Feather-River-Doors-Rochester-Patina-Fan-Lite-Unfinished-Smooth-Fiberglass-Entry-Door-with-Sidelite-473190-2A4/205202431?MERCH=RV-_-rv_nav_plp_rr-_-NA-_-205202431-_-N

** Please note that I simply used this as a reference on what I would use on my house, not a blank recommendation **

Thank you sir. I know this doors, they are fiberglass door and not Iron/Steel doors.. they are more for fancy but not for security...
I have seen them many times in Home Depot. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
barakah:

1) Its still too expensive at $650.

2) What rate of exchange are you using?

3) Shipment cost will also make it hit the roof.

4) They can sure be fabricated here by local craftsmen but with rough edges here and there.

1) Okay.

2) 180 to 185, it's 183 today on Ria (I told you guys about this before). See screenshot.

3) Depends. If you split a container with folks you might be surprised.

4) That's the bane of my issue with local artisans = final detail. I've never entered a house in Nigeria that I left feeling like shaking the hands of the builder.

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Thank you sir. I know this doors, they are fiberglass door and not Iron/Steel doors.. they are more for fancy but not for security...

Hajji M.

I disagree.

The door itself is not the weak point in security. It's the hinges and locks and hence why anti door kick products exists.

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
I think I'll see this installed din a house in Nigeria one day grin

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:

I disagree.
The door itself is not the weak point in security. It's the hinges and locks and hence why anti door kick products exists.

Is the door you showed made of Fiberglass too? The Defender did not say so.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Is the door you showed made of Fiberglass too? The Defender did not say so.

Hajji M.

Perhaps you should do a new search.

You don't like fiberglass doors, I get it. But they are just as protective as steel doors when technology is applied.

The same way fiberglass vehicles are getting as good a rating as a steel vehicle.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:

Perhaps you should do a new search.
You don't like fiberglass doors, I get it. But they are just as protective as steel doors when technology is applied.
The same way fiberglass vehicles are getting as good a rating as a steel vehicle.

Have you seen how shredded the fiberglass vehicles are after accidents compared to the older steel vehicles?
Well, each to its own. I personally will take steel doors over fiberglass doors anytime. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Have you seen how shredded the fiberglass vehicles are after accidents compared to the older steel vehicles?
Well, each to its own. I personally will take steel doors over fiberglass doors anytime. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Excellent, we all have to do what is best for ourselves.

OP, did ask for steel references but I just like to educate others on alternative products.

Good luck to all on our individual choices and decisions.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
CityNG:

Excellent, we all have to do what is best for ourselves.
OP, did ask for steel references but I just like to educate others on alternative products.
Good luck to all on our individual choices and decisions.

Oh Yes, my brother. The education is really good for the brain and I will surely look into it more, believe me.
I always appreciate any form of education and that is what brought many of us to this forum. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I beg to disagree to everything you said about fiber door and those locally made steel doors you praise here all the time. Sometime when you praise those locally made doors here I just shake my head in disbelief. I don't know how far you have gone with regard to checking out steel doors and fiberglass doors in the U.S. I am not talking about Home Depot or Lowes. There are companies that sell both steel doors, fiberglass doors and tough real wood doors in the U.S that you will bow when compared to those doors you praise here all the time. You don't have to break a bank account to buy them. Even I have seen many at Home Depot and Lowes, I have seen fiberglass made doors that are better than the so called steel doors made in Nigeria that you praise all the time.

I shake my head in disbelief sometimes with the finishing of the doors I see here that are made in Nigeria. Look at the glossy paint they use when painting the locally made door. Most of the doors I see here look like they have been dipped in some oil with the way they look. I am not saying our artisans in Nigeria are not trying but they are too much in a hurry to get things done to the extent that they ignore the finishing aspect of what they are doing.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
These doors have metal inserted in them. Compare to what we make in Nigeria.

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
FastShipping:

I beg to disagree to everything you said about fiber door and those locally made steel doors you praise here all the time. Sometime when you praise those locally made doors here I just shake my head in disbelief. I don't know how far you have gone with regard to checking out steel doors and fiberglass doors in the U.S. I am not talking about Home Depot or Lowes. There are companies that sell both steel doors, fiberglass doors and tough real wood doors in the U.S that you will bow when compared to those doors you praise here all the time. You don't have to break a bank account to buy them. Even I have seen many at Home Depot and Lowes, I have seen fiberglass made doors that are better than the so called steel doors made in Nigeria that you praise all the time.

I shake my head in disbelief sometimes with the finishing of the doors I see here that are made in Nigeria. Look at the glossy paint they use when painting the locally made door. Most of the doors I see here look like they have been dipped in some oil with the way they look. I am not saying our artisans in Nigeria are not trying but they are too much in a hurry to get things done to the extent that they ignore the finishing aspect of what they are doing.

And where in my threads have you seen my post praising the locally made doors??. Everyone knows that the finishing on local doors are not up to Par, that is why people opt for Turkey made doors. So, I don't know where you are getting this from. When I see a good locally made designed door, yes I do say I like the design.. but I never praise it because I don't know how strong its made.. just seeing a design does not show you everything.

I gave the guy my opinion of Fiberglass door and that is all... and those are my personal opinion. Did I even mention anything about locally made doors on my above replies? Please re-read. So I don't get your ravings.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

And where in my threads have you seen my post praising the locally made doors??. Everyone knows that the finishing on local doors are not up to Par, that is why people opt for Turkey made doors. So, I don't know where you are getting this from. When I see a good locally made designed door, yes I do say I like the design.. but I never praise it because I don't know how strong its made.. just seeing a design does not show you everything.

I gave the guy my opinion of Fiberglass door and that is all... and those are my personal opinion. Did I even mention anything about locally made doors on my above replies? Please re-read. So I don't get your ravings.
Hajji M.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Muyesky threads and some spyder threads with a lot of locally made doors. If you want me to dig them up, I don't mind but there is no point to dig them up. The local artisans are trying but they shouldn't be compared or praised for what they have to offer because they are not prepared to improve on what they know. Giving critique is good sometimes and won't be bad.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
FastShipping:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Muyesky threads and some spyder threads with a lot of locally made doors. If you want me to dig them up, I don't mind but there is no point to dig them up. The local artisans are trying but they shouldn't be compared or praised for what they have to offer because they are not prepared to improve on what they know.

As I have said before when I see a locally made door with good design, then I say so, and that is for locally made groups not imported.
Does that mean I am praising them over the imported doors like Turkey made doors with their good specifications, NO Sir?
So please, get it off your mind that I am praising the local door over the imported ones.
Regardless of what we think, people will buy what they can afford. Also remember security in USA cannot be compared to that of Nigeria.
Within the minutes you are breaking down a front door in USA, the police will be right there.. but in Nigeria do you think anyone will even call the police or if the police will even come until the whole crime has been done.. so we cannot compare the doors installed in USA to the one in Nigeria,
and that is also my personal opinion. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

As I have said before when I see a locally made door with good design, then I say so. Does that mean I am praising them over the imported doors like Turkey made doors with their good specifications? So get if t off your mind that I am praising one over the other.
Regardless of what we think, people will buy what they can afford. Also remember security in USA cannot be compared to that of Nigeria.
Within the minutes you are breaking down a front door in USA, the police will be right there.. but in Nigeria do you think anyone will even call the police or if the police will even come until the whole crime has been done.. so we cannot compare the doors installed in USA to the one in Nigeria,
and that is also my personal opinion. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Our local artisan need to start buying the imported doors, break them down and see what the foreign artisan doing differently. Let me tell you a story. A friend was building a house at Lekki. The friend is based in New Jersey. When the construction of the building was going on he wasn't there and everything went well. He paid a visit and it was time for interior design. He wanted a good kitchen and he told the contractor about what he wanted. They couldn't find who could provide the design of the kitchen of his choice. Then they found a company somewhere in Ikeja to do the design and they charged 800,000 Naira. He came back to New Jersey while the kitchen was being done. When they sent him the picture of the finishing, he couldn't believe his eyes for what he paid 800,000 Naira for. It was an horrible kitchen. He went to Nigeria recently and he ended up tearing the entire kitchen down and promised to get a kitchen shipped to Nigeria. The kitchen cabinet he is about to build at Home Depot will cost him only $3699.

That is our people for you. I told my friend that our artisans are good at doing things but finishing is where they are bad. I have never been impressed with a single locally made door here. Let it be wooden or steel. They are just not up to it for me.

2 Likes

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
FastShipping:

Our local artisan need to start buying the imported doors, break them down and see what the foreign artisan doing differently. Let me tell you a story. A friend was building a house at Lekki. The friend is based in New Jersey. When the construction of the building was going on he wasn't there and everything went well. He paid a visit and it was time for interior design. He wanted a good kitchen and he told the contractor about what he wanted. They couldn't find who could provide the design of the kitchen of his choice. Then they found a company somewhere in Ikeja to do the design and they charged 800,000 Naira. He came back to New Jersey while the kitchen was being done. When they sent him the picture of the finishing, he couldn't believe his eyes for what he paid 800,000 Naira for. It was an horrible kitchen. He went to Nigeria recently and he ended up tearing the entire kitchen down and promised to get a kitchen shipped to Nigeria. The kitchen cabinet he is about to build at Home Depot will cost him only $3699.

That is our people for you. I told my friend that our artisans are good at doing things but finishing is where they are bad. I have never been impressed with a single locally made door here. Let it be wooden or steel. They are just not up to it for me.

@FastShipping, I and you have agreed on that on several occasions... And I do believe there are good artisans who can make those Kitchen cabinets for him in Nigeria but you just need to find the good one. And especially when you are in diaspora, you have seen several good things that you want to emulate and when the artisans do this type of shady work that does not meet your expectations, we will surely get upset. Imagine wasting N800K,
and believe me some of them just want the money not the work; get rich quick mentality. They see those designs only in the catalog and they think they do it but until they actually do it, you will see the difference.. YES. I agreed with you, our artisans need to do more, but we can not wait for them, so we have to get the alternatives.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
mufutau55:

@FastShipping, I and you have agreed on that on several occasions... And I do believe there are good artisans who can make those Kitchen cabinets for him in Nigeria but you just need to find the good one. And especially when you are in diaspora, you have seen several good things that you want to emulate and when the artisans do this type of shady work that does not meet your expectations, we will surely get upset. Imagine wasting N800K,
and believe me some of them just want the money not the work; get rich quick mentality. They see those designs only in the catalog and they think they do it but until they actually do it, you will see the difference.. YES. I agreed with you, our artisans need to do more, but we can not wait for them, so we have to get the alternatives.

Hajji M.

The picture of the kitchen they made for him looks horrible. How can someone make kitchen cabinet and the space for refrigerator and gas cooker came out about 10 inches wider than they supposed to be? They came out not straight and scratches here and there on the cabinets.

I will request for the pictures and post here today if I can.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by mufutau55(m): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
FastShipping:

The picture of the kitchen they made for him looks horrible. How can someone make kitchen cabinet and the space for refrigerator and gas cooker came out about 10 inches wider than they supposed to be? They came out not straight and scratches here and there on the cabinets.

I will request for the pictures and post here today if I can.

Those pictures when posted will be an education for some of us. If you do a search for US Cabinet makers on youtube, you will be some work of excellence with machine and computer guided cuts.. with no complaints when it's done.. our people think using electric saw is good enough to make a straight cut and tries to patch things when it's done wrongly. Thanks for the info, all of us can learn from this N800k loss mistake.

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by seglad2(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
call +2348066191741 for solid imported doors

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by FastShipping: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
seglad2:
call +2348066191741 for solid imported doors

For anyone to take you seriously, you need to attach prices to your doors.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by seglad2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
4ft Armored #178,000
4ft bullet proof double doors #350,000, 4ft Turkey #120,000. 3ft steel 50mm #16,500. Bye grin
FastShipping:

For anyone to take you seriously, you need to attach prices to your doors.

Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
What kind of life is it to cage oneself behind an imaginary fortress?
Security is security regardless if it's Nigeria or USA. Some areas in the US are worse for crime than in Nigeria.

True there are some bad areas in US too, but armed robbers don't go in groups like they do in Nigeria and hold all the resident in the neighborhood hostages, right?

Hajji M.
Re: In Search Of Suitable 4 Feet Steel Doors For My Entrance by Spirit1(m): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

The price is not $650. They pay tax in the U.S. sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Properties: Lease, Sale, Let / How To Obtain Governor’s Consent (in A Nutshell) / 3 Bedroom Bungalow Floor Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.