Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? (633 Views)

Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments / My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? by ttmacoy: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Someone recently told me they were trying to get a loan from one of the top banks in Nigeria (think new generation) for a large sum, and the bank official they were dealing with who is quite senior asked for 5% of the loan amount for it to be approved.

Does this really happen? 5% of the loan amount which was nearly N100m for a project on top of the high interest rates.

I find it so hard to believe and want to know if anyone has experienced this before.
Re: Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
What you r experiencing is very normal, tell ur friend to negotiate with the banker he will accept 2percent.
Re: Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? by Orunto: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Very bad. How does Jona or his government contribute to this kind of corruption? This really is the parent of all corruptions and how can it be stopped?
Re: Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? by ttmacoy: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wow I know things happen in naija, but this just got me so stunned, and this guy is a patently very well paid.

Na wah

Bridgetown:
What you r experiencing is very normal, tell ur friend to negotiate with the banker he will accept 2percent.
Re: Is This True About Getring Loans In Nigeria? by AreaFada2: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2015
This has been happening for decades jor.

Many of those Agric loans back in the day were mostly so approved.

They even request higher percentages, like up to 50%, in those govt loans that they know won't be paid back.

They will even tell you how to avoid paying back the money.

It has "tey".

9ja corruption situation nor be here o.

We can blame govt as we like, but it's national problem somehow involving almost everyone/sector.
Willingly/knowingly or not.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone In Diesel Generators Import Business? / Make Money As People Buy Fuel / How To Make Money With Clickbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.