Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV (2444 Views)

US To Press Nigeria To Devalue Naira - Reuters / Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV by pendy79: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
kaboninc:

You and WhiteTechnology...you have patience and time to reply those who have sworn never to learn but remain ignorant even if it will cost their life.

I pray I also develop such patience because some humans are actually parasites.

Its obvious that the OP is ignorant (am sure deliberately) of what's currently happening within his own community. Is it not ironic for someone who's clueless to call another clueless?

I do not like insulting anybody but for some people, you just can't overcome the temptation of insulting them...like the OP.

Is it that they never cared to look at the reason why the naira had to be devalued? Are they not aware of the crumbling prices of crude oil? Are they not aware of our import-dependent economy and how this administration is working very hard to tilt the status quo through various programmes in the agriculture, manufacturing, oil and gas sectors? Still are they not aware that our major revenue is from this same crude oil?

Are they not aware of the massive infrastructures been designed and developed all to spur economic activities, generate employment opportunities, stimulate growth? The rails are been designed and developed, roads are being reconstructed, airports are being modernised, deep sea ports are being constructed, gas pipelines are been laid to transport gas (flared gas) to power plants? Are they not aware that focus today is in the SMEs because they are the catalyst for economic growth?

Do people just decide to be ignorant?

How do you fight corruption? By celebrating it on TV, handcuff the thief and parade him, then he'll use the stolen wealth to secure a bail while the lawyers drag the case till he's dead in his old age? Or he secures a judgement that will allow him forfeit 'part' of the stolen wealth?

If this is how we want it, then I'll go and steal too knowing fully well that I'll get the same treatment. However, what if I STRENGTHEN these institutions? What if I initiate policies to block these loop holes? What if I say, for example, all civil servant must be captured in a biometric system so that I can eliminate ghost workers?

Corruption is just like a virus in a computer world. You spend so much resources (time, money, etc) to clean a system. But with an anti-virus, you prevent a virus from attacking your system!

The best schooled professor in your village will not compare with my dog.

It is stupidity and cluelessness to counter words from the horsesman. Did my post says something different from what the CBN said at his confirmation and what he did few weeks later.

If you lack education and intelligence , ask and I won't deny you or your entire lineage.
Re: I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV by kaboninc(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
pendy79:

The best schooled professor in your village will not compare with my dog.

It is stupidity and cluelessness to counter words from the horsesman. Did my post says something different from what the CBN said at his confirmation and what he did few weeks later.

If you lack education and intelligence , ask and I won't deny you or your entire lineage.

Its obvious you read with one eye closed, one part of your brain locked and your understanding distorted!

If you have common senses, you'll know that as at the time Emiefile was making that statement, crude oil was trading well about a 100 USD per barrel. That time wasn't near Christmas which usually comes with strong demand pressure and subsequent pressure on demand for dollars.

If you are indeed well with your senses, you'll also know that during that time, naira was trading very high to the dollar mainly because of SPECULATIVE trades on FX as there was so much demand for the USD.

Still if you're observant and not ignorant (which in all indications, you have proved to be), you'll observe that the CBN came up with guidelines on the purchase of FX both from within the bank (CBN) and the deposit money banks. I'll stop here...clue.less you!

If you need to know, just use Google. Its very cheap because I'll charge you for your st.puditty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV by Charlesnerd: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
@ kaboninc

You are at the political section of nairaland. Economic facts and figures have no material value here, so dont be discouraged when people peddle falsehood.

The CBN's decision to devalue the naira was a very sound economic decision,though hard.He actually had no choice, the naira was already devalued at the interbank and parallel market so it was simply a question of when the CBN was going to make the formal announcement.

I dont know if people are ignorant of happenings in the economy or simply being mischievous ? I think I'd go with the former.
Re: I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV by kaboninc(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Charlesnerd:
@ kaboninc

You are at the political section of nairaland. Economic facts and figures have no material value here, so dont be discouraged when people peddle falsehood.

The CBN's decision to devalue the naira was a very sound economic decision,though hard.He actually had no choice, the naira was already devalued at the interbank and parallel market so it was simply a question of when the CBN was going to make the formal announcement.

I dont know if people are ignorant of happenings in the economy or simply being mischievous ? I think I'd go with the former.

Seriously, its very annoying when people speak like this. I just want an objective and open discussion and not sentiments and ignorance. Am aware of the kind of personalities one can find here.

I pray ignorance leaves us.
Re: I Won't Devalue Naira Cause It Will Hurt Helpless Consumers And Citizens-CBN GOV by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
kaboninc:

Seriously, its very annoying when people speak like this. I just want an objective and open discussion and not sentiments and ignorance. Am aware of the kind of personalities one can find here.

I pray ignorance leaves us.

Charlesnerd:
@ kaboninc

God bless you both

Actually most APC guys on NL lack basic understanding of economics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As PDP Presidential Campaign Moves North, Buhari's Health Status Queried. / Nigerians Demand To See The President's Assets Declaration Form! / Breaking News!!! Governor Aregbesola Wins At Election Tribunal »

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.