Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

On The Issue Of lifepartners - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On The Issue Of lifepartners (1425 Views)

How Can One Handle The Issue Of Trust? / How To Enjoy Your Marriage without the Issue Of Unfaithfullness / The Issue Of Online Harassment In Nigeria--- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Issue Of lifepartners by MissTutu(f): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
In your opinion(s),are lifepartners made or born?
Made in this sense-do we pick someone we are interested in and that is interested in us,court them and live life with them,training eachother to live happily and find jor and peace together?
Or,are they born?is there a higher authority or power that has already assigned our lifepartners to us?and all we need to do is pray,find them and everything will be perfect?
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by TheRealCoolHunK: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
That word "mate" though. Makes me feel like an animal.
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
To the average Nigerian woman, every man who can conveniently spoil her with gifts and drive her around in his factory-fitted AC SUV, is a 'potential' life-partner. cool

Ain't no such thing as higher authority or power that assigns whom we spend the rest of our lives with.

4 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by MissTutu(f): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Uhmmmm
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by BluePearls(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
TheRealCoolHunK:
That word "mate" though. Makes me feel like an animal.

I'm sure you can find better words to substitute 'mate' , like partner. smiley
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by tpia1000: 12:36am On Jan 04, 2015
MissTutu:
is there a higher authority or power that has already assigned our lifepartners to us?and all we need to do is pray,find them and everything will be perfect?

higher authority depends on who you consider as determining your personal preferences (religious leaders, etc), eg if you prefer to be match made or things like that.

nothing necessarily wrong with it provided you are not snatching somebody's man or wishing evil in order to get a man.

that's witchcraft.

May God help us (His people)
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by MissTutu(f): 5:03am On Jan 04, 2015
@ crackhaus,datd for an average nigerian woman,wat's ur take on the reasonable above average nigerian woman??thnxx

@tpia1000..okae,so we cn say lifepartners ar born?i wont b snatchn him if he's rili d bone of my bone..abi?

Bluepearls,tanchu.

TheRealCoolHunk,ive removed d word mate.bless ya
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by Ewuro4: 6:21am On Jan 04, 2015
No dear, there's no such thing as being 'born or made life partners'. Partners make mistakes and aren't near perfect too. No readymade brangelina. You make it happen.

Your LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. No miracles. It's all in your hands. Simples smiley

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by LordReed(m): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2015
MissTutu:
In your opinion(s),are lifepartners made or born?
Made in this sense-do we pick someone we are interested in and that is interested in us,court them and live life with them,training eachother to live happily and find jor and peace together?
Or,are they born?is there a higher authority or power that has already assigned our lifepartners to us?and all we need to do is pray,find them and everything will be perfect?

What you are given is choice. You choose who you want to be with. What everyone should seek is wisdom and discernment in making a good choice for life partner. It is not a decision you make in a rush or in the heat of passion.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2015
1. Life partners are both made and born, however, this is dependent on point 2 below.

2. There is a higher power that influences this matter of life partners, it's called value. For men, a woman of value, basically, is one who can mother them, and whatever children they may have. For women basically, value is gauged by the ability or potential of the man to guarantee comfort and material safety.

When these criteria are met or appear to be met, life partners are made and/or born.

2 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 04, 2015
MissTutu:
@ crackhaus,datd for an average nigerian woman,wat's ur take on the reasonable above average nigerian woman??thnxx

@tpia1000..okae,so we cn say lifepartners ar born?i wont b snatchn him if he's rili d bone of my bone..abi?

Bluepearls,tanchu.

TheRealCoolHunk,ive removed d word mate.bless ya
Please ma, try to type in proper English, don't tell me your service provider charges you per character.

2 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by MissTutu(f): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
So there is no issue of if i can't find the ONE originally CREATED to be my husband i won't make it maritally?
Okay sire,noted.(timbuktou)
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by jmoore(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
You make your own destiny by your choices. No one was created specially for you.
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
MissTutu:
So there is no issue of if i can't find the ONE originally CREATED to be my husband i won't make it maritally?
Okay sire,noted.(timbuktou)
Nah, no such thing as pre-destined partner. Look around and pick the man who you think best suits your tastes and preferences whose needs you also have no problem fulfilling.
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by 100Cents: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
jmoore:
You make your own destiny by your choices. No one was created specially for you.

Gbam !

Just same way. Were some people created to be rich ? NO.

You create your dreams and pursue them to materialize .
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by MissTutu(f): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ookay.......
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
crackhaus:
To the average Nigerian woman, every man who can conveniently spoil her with gifts and drive her around in his factory-fitted AC SUV, is a 'potential' life-partner. cool

Ain't no such thing as higher authority or power that assigns whom we spend the rest of our lives with.
Thank God for the bolded. undecided
Re: On The Issue Of lifepartners by crackhaus: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
VickyyB:

Thank God for the bolded. undecided
I'm having an epiphany right now, more like a divine manifestation from the almighty - a vision wherein I see you thinking yourself as not belonging to the group of average Nigerian girls. undecided

(1) (Reply)

His Ex-wife And His Friends / Photo: Man Who Trekked For GEJ Shows Off His Beautiful Wife And Son / 7 Evil Consequences Of Having A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.