Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? (2364 Views)

Ben Bruce And Obasanjo Pictured Together / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by dean2725: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2008
Obasanjo is no doubt the only president nigeria ever had that had the greatest opportunity to change our country for good , he was the longest serving and the luckiest former president of Nigeria.
   olusegun okikiola aremu obasanjo was military Head of State between 1976 and 1979 and the  civilian president for good,solid and uninterrupted 8yrs but the self proclaimed messiah failed us cry

recently he was in United Nations  headquater in New York. when i saw him, i was fuming and i felt like telling him to his face what i feel about him but i was unlucky to talk to him. angry

So if you are lucky to meet and talk to obasanjo, what would you tell him?
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by diggler(m): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2008
If i meet OBJ one on one (no bodyguards, no nothing)

I'll through extreme torture, get him to sign over his stash to moi.(which i'll use in developing the country)

I'll ask him how his good his daughter-in-law is in bed & get the chics numba from him

Also if he's eyeing Muyiwas hot foreign wife

Will want to know why of all the mofos in this country, he had to pick Yar'adua to succeed him (who isnt playin to the script no more)

omo ? plenty
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by GettysBurg: 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2008
I really wonder what you were fuming about.

OBJ was a blessing to Nigeria, i have never doubted that. And by almost every standard. The signs are there to see.

I will only ask him why he didn't go about the third term project properly. I was disappointed it failed. See what has happened to Nigeria less than 2 years after he left.

I'll ask him why he gave Yar adua to suceed him.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by BecomeRich: 12:40am On Dec 15, 2008
That nigeria1 guy can make you ask Obasanjo that question, live, ask him to do it. he get the connection
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2008
[size=13pt]haha! i can't say it all here if i'w be able to meet with that Guy Obasanjo.but i shall do some Crazy & Funny to make every Laugh. . . . . grin. Warri nor dey take last now, Ha! i tire O!!. i go question em so té him go Loose Control.[/size]
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by MrCrackles(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2008
Brainless and perverted monkey-looking individuals like OBJ only needs to be ignored or reduced to rubbles!
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by dean2725: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2008
GettysBurg:

OBJ was a blessing to Nigeria, i have never doubted that. And by almost every standard. The signs are there to see.

I will only ask him why he didn't go about the third term project properly. I was disappointed it failed. See what has happened to Nigeria less than 2 years after he left.

Obj is a blessing?, u got be kidding me
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by MrCrackles(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
GettysBurg:

OBJ was a blessing to Nigeria

OBJ's lapdog!
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Muza(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2008
GettysBurg:

Blessing my ass angry
are you trying to get us all angry angry
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Giayong(m): 4:42am On Dec 16, 2008
i am a Chinese.I still remember that when he was the president,we Chinese respected your country and admired you Nigerian people because you people have a powerful leader.And the relationship between China and Nigeria was good at that time.We could communicate so easily,visa was easy to got and extended.

Without any doubt, I think obasanjo had done great contribution to your country,especially in ecomony.

So,if I have the oppertunity to meet him,I will show my respect to him.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by bawomolo(m): 5:30am On Dec 16, 2008
Giayong:

i am a Chinese.I still remember that when he was the president,we Chinese respected your country and admired you Nigerian people because you people have a powerful leader.And the relationship between China and Nigeria was good at that time.We could communicate so easily,visa was easy to got and extended.

Without any doubt, I think obasanjo had done great contribution to your country,especially in ecomony.

So,if I have the oppertunity to meet him,I will show my respect to him.

knowing the media is censored in China, your dumbass may have an excuse for spewing this rubbish. cheesy
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Giayong(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2008
wooo,maybe I can learn what that man he is after carefully reading the replies.
I think I was definitely mislead by the media embarassed embarassed
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by dayokanu(m): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2008
OBJ is the worst animal to ever rule this country.

Giayong, Have you ever heard of someone who used $16b to purchase darkness, OBJ did that!!!1

Attornet General was killed and several politicians, He wiped out a whole villgae
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by OBVIOUS(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2008
Compared to other demonic devils Nigeria has called president (Abacha, Babangida, and co), Obasanjo made some positive changes. He selected very brilliant people to his cabinet and improved the GDP.

But aside from this, I'll torture him and his entire family until he returns ALL OF THE MONEY THAT HE HAS STOLEN BACK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by SegzyJoe(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2008
@mrcrackles and dayokanu,
I observed that both of you probably lives abroad, but it never cease to amaze me the level of ignorance that has become hallmark of some Nigerians living abroad, probably you people think by having opportunity to stay in London or US you can arrogate to yourselves the pre-eminence of knowledge or education.

And to your shame, Giayong a Chinese man chose to accord respect to the one you people will easily call all sort of names. Charity they say begins at home.

Recently I was researching how a number of development theories explained the developmental crises in the third world countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. That was about sixty years ago, and it is saddening to know that only Africa has remained in the same situation until now.

Why it is not my intention to bother you with my research work, but I will rather say that the greatest problem with Nigerians and Africa as a whole is that we never appreciate anything good from our country. OBJ is not perfect just like mrcrackles and dayokanu, even myself, but if you think OBJ has done nothing worthy of commendation then you people are cowards. I don't know why the two of you decided to stay abroad, but I know most did out of cowardice and as such you can afford to paint your leaders blue black just to justify the reason why you left Nigeria in the first place.

I live in Nigeria, I have lived in Lagos for greater part of my life and now in Abuja, I don't rely on distorted media information you people are being fed with over there, and I can tell you in a categorical manner that OBJ was the best president in recent memory with the exclusion of the first & second republic leadership. This is not to say he is perfect, infact he got it wrong on many occasion but OBJ was able to lay a good foundation for Nigeria and dare to do what others have refuse to even attempt. In fact OBJ is a very intelligent guy and he knows how to assemble people that delivevers.

Just as somebody has rightly pointed out, one thing I blamed him for is that 3rd third was not properly executed, he was hypocritical about it, in short there is nothing to be ashamed of in pursueing a 3rd term agenda. You can crucify me if you like, but I dare say that as a political scientist my knowledge of comparative politics tells me that there is no big deal about pursueing 3rd or even 4th term in office. Every advanced democracy we all craved for today passed through the same process, and for Nigeria to grow from the ruin of system failure, we need a leader with a gut like OBJ. All our national dailies are full of captions of lesson from Ghana, yet Rawling ruled Chana for many years to instil sanity and order from the primitive accummulation of comprador Burgiosies milking Africa dry of her resources and facilitating transfer of our wealth to Europe.

Check out the political histories of Europe and others, whenever a state is close to being label as a fail state, that country need a strong leadership, a dictator to bring sanity, unite and make it strong. Check out Germany, Italy, France, Russia and even Britain in this regard. Nigeria is almost a failed state if not one yet, or else how would you explain the sorry state of a country so promising yet in despair, so rich yet so poor, a seeming contradiction that defies logic and all known theories of development.

If only we will be sincere with ourselve, put away tribalism that is making us prey for the predators of the political elites, and we will see issues from objective point of view, we will realize that OBJ meant well for Nigeria.

Somebody said he used $16b to purchase darkness for Nigeria, if you ve your facts you will know that that figure is either plain politics or outright distortion, anyway, that is normal in Nigeria except that one would not expect any enlightened mind to beleive such misconception most especially when such figure has oscilliated from $6.5b, $10b and $16b. Though the NIPP project is still ongoing but this guy dare to do what others ran away from for 20 yrs. It is amazing that after all the politics the NIPP generated,it is still the only path Yar Adau govt can follow to give us light. In less than two yrs in office the current administration has approved close to $5b for the power sector and we re still waiting. The govt is standing still with some old crabs with nothing to offer to be swore in as cabinet ministers. Am sure that after Yar Adua govt, Nigeria will remember OBJ for his strong leadership, focus and hardwork.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2008
I WILL TELL HIM:
'BABA IYABO, WON LE B'AYAWO OMO YIN SUN. SE UN TEWA SE UN WADA?'
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by felifeli: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2008
Well I certainly will not be throwing my shoes at him (1) because he's not that bad (2) I wear expensive shoes smiley smiley
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Giayong(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
If anyone often heard something active and positive about OBJ,he will also accord the respect to him,like me.As I have mentioned above,I have never been to Nigeria,so what I can learn from Nigeria is just from media or internet. If you know Chinese,when you visit baidu.com,a Chinese website like google.com,and type 奥巴桑乔 尼日利亚总统,most of the news in Chinese are active to him,for example,the news in 2006 that he studied in the university,I don't know what you people think,but the news in China is active,why,Mr.Obasanjo was,is and will be a model when Chinese parents teach their children to live and to learn more.He had reformed the economic system in Nigeria.That's quite the same as China in 1978,when our previous leader,Mr Dengxiaoping demanded China to reform and open to the world. We also know the Obasanjo was a General in the army and the honor Doctor of Harvard University,USA.

Of course,I know so clearly nobody is perfect,you are not perfect,I am not perfect,Mr Obasanjo is not perfect,why?if we are perfect,we are not human being but GOD!.Just like our first leader,Chair Maozedong,who started great proletarian cultural revolution in 1966 and over in 1976, millions of Chinese were killed.Today,many Chinese support him,and the others don't like him.But why Chinese government still commemorate him?Not only he led Chinese to beat Japanese invasion,found China PR,but he also made China to an industrialized country, this is the basic that China have become the World Factory today.And let's talk back to OBJ again.Do you know?We Chinese have not heard the news about Nigeria too often until the year 2000.Why?Because both of our countries have more economical cooperation since then,more and more Chinese businessman visited Lagos,kano or Abuja.Just like SegzyJoe said,OBJ had make a good foundation to Nigeria.

However I also believe OBJ had done something wrong,what are they?You Nigerian know more than me.

Anyway he's not the god,he is a human being.

In short,OBJ is not perfect at all and even made some mistakes, but see what he and his government had done to Nigeria, I think he is still worthy of respect.

B.T.W. English,as my second language,which is quite different from my mother language Chinese in garmmar,I am afraid that I can't use it correctly.Should any mistakes I have made,please forgive me,thanks in advance!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
Giayong:

If anyone often heard something active and positive about OBJ,he will also accord the respect to him,like me.As I have mentioned above,I have never been to Nigeria,so what I can learn from Nigeria is just from media or internet. If you know Chinese,when you visit baidu.com,a Chinese website like google.com,and type 奥巴桑乔 尼日利亚总统,most of the news in Chinese are active to him,for example,the news in 2006 that he studied in the university,I don't know what you people think,but the news in China is active,why,Mr.Obasanjo was,is and will be a model when Chinese parents teach their children to live and to learn more.He had reformed the economic system in Nigeria.That's quite the same as China in 1978,when our previous leader,Mr Dengxiaoping demanded China to reform and open to the world. We also know the Obasanjo was a General in the army and the honor Doctor of Harvard University,USA.

Of course,I know so clearly nobody is perfect,you are not perfect,I am not perfect,Mr Obasanjo is not perfect,why?if we are perfect,we are not human being but GOD!.Just like our first leader,Chair Maozedong,who started great proletarian cultural revolution in 1966 and over in 1976, millions of Chinese were killed.Today,many Chinese support him,and the others don't like him.But why Chinese government still commemorate him?Not only he led Chinese to beat Japanese invasion,found China PR,but he also made China to an industrialized country, this is the basic that China have become the World Factory today.And let's talk back to OBJ again.Do you know?We Chinese have never heard Nigeria too often until the year 2000.Why?Because both of our countries have more economical cooperation since then,more and more Chinese businessman visited Lagos,kano or Abuja.Just like SegzyJoe said,OBJ had make a good foundation to Nigeria.

However I also believe OBJ had done something wrong,what is it?You Nigerian know more than me.

Anyway he's not the god,he is a human being.

In short,OBJ is not perfect at all and even made some mistakes, but see what he and his government had done to Nigeria, I think he is still worthy of respect.

B.T.W. English,as my second language,which is quite different from my mother language Chinese in garmmar,I am afraid that I can't use it correctly.Should any mistakes I have made,please forgive me,thanks in advance!
This is far better than many people with English being their first language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Giayong(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
Jarus:

This is far better than many people with English being their first language.
really?thank you so much for your kindly words! smiley

2 Likes

Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by banom(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2008
I will ask him to kiss my ass
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by GettysBurg: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
Thank God for intelligent, and objetive Nigerians like Segzyjoe and Giayong (i wish you re Nigerian). Would have made all the difference if we had only 20% of Nigerians like You. (Remember Pareto's Principle?)

As always, we always need other peoples to SEE and TELL us what good we have.

You know, i have always imagined that if not for Foreigners, Crude Oil would only have been a  useless, ugly oily mess to us nigerians.

People like MrCrackles  and Dean2725 need to be more objective, less biased, and find better ways to observe and measure performance.

Later, for more of the facts.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Hardballer(m): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2008
ask him to hook a brotha up
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
[size=13pt]Can somebody please tell me where is OBJ now. . .[/size]
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
@poster
i will tell him to piss off.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by back2back(f): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
Giayong, Have you ever heard of someone who used $16b to purchase darkness, OBJ did that!!!1

Gbosa!!! Gbosa!!!! Gbosa!!!
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by chidichris(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
if i meet obasanjo face to face, i will simply start with a smile.
i will start by thanking him as the best president nigeria has ever seen according to claims here as well as the best gift nigerians have ever had in the name of yar adua. i will thank him for all his effeorts in making nigeria a great country making my refference point to the gsm.
i will surelly thank him for all his efforts while in office and afterwards.

while all these were going on in the physical, i will be coursing him and his generations in my heart for all the sufferings he has caused nigerians both home and abroad. i will not fail to call him a dog in my heart for sleeping with his daughter inlaw.
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by pcicero(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2009
chidichris:

if i meet obasanjo face to face, i will simply start with a smile.
i will start by thanking him as the best president nigeria has ever seen according to claims here as well as the best gift nigerians have ever had in the name of yar adua. i will thank him for all his effeorts in making nigeria a great country making my refference point to the gsm.
i will surelly thank him for all his efforts while in office and afterwards.

while all these were going on in the physical, i will be coursing him and his generations in my heart for all the sufferings he has caused nigerians both home and abroad. i will not fail to call him a dog in my heart for sleeping with his daughter inlaw.

I love that
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by brooklyn99: 2:55am On Dec 03, 2009
I'd say to him "Sir, I'm not trying to disrespect you or nothing, but WHY THE EFF ARE U SO bleeping UGLY?GEEZZ, GET A MASK ALREADY". then i'll run away before his bodyguards use me as a punching bag. grin
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by server34(m): 7:37am On Dec 03, 2009
"BAdddest Guy, . wassup? I am loyal to ur command Sir. Abeg u fit come replace this Yaradua guy? Just tell him to step down. U know say o le nu for him side. Meanwhile, anything for the boys at the moment?"
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by walata44(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2009
Thank God for intelligent, and objetive Nigerians like Segzyjoe and Giayong (i wish you re Nigerian). Would have made all the difference if we had only 20% of Nigerians like You. (Remember Pareto's Principle?)

As always, we always need other peoples to SEE and TELL us what good we have.

You know, i have always imagined that if not for Foreigners, Crude Oil would only have been a useless, ugly oily mess to us nigerians.

People like MrCrackles and Dean2725 need to be more objective, less biased, and find better ways to observe and measure performance.

Later, for more of the facts.

Don't be fool with that Chinese guy talk. Is either one of those contractor that wanted to construct railline to no where in Nigeria, he must have got his advance payment and where is the rail line today?
Re: You And Obasanjo One On One: What Would You Tell Him? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2009
[size=13pt]Bu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . . . . . . grin grin[/size]
tpacalipse:

@poster
     i will tell him to piss off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andy Uba Meets Peter Obi And Congratulates Him.---> See Video / Shara Reporters Vs Governor Fashola (video) / James Ibori's Wife, Theresa, Sentenced To 5 Years In Uk Court!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.