Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. (10069 Views)

BLANK. / The Sad Event That Made Uniben Freshers Orientation End Before Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 6:01am On Jan 04, 2015
Believe me, all old students were once new and asked a lot of funny questions on reaching campus. But, over time, the student acclimatizes and can't help but laugh at his earlier questions. Just enjoy the list.

1. WHERE IS AKIN DEKO AUDITORIUM?: This seems like a very normal question to ask but can be really funny since the fresher usually asks this question at the main gate without even having enough patience as to walk a little into the campus where he/she would locate it. Some will ask this question while standing next to the building or in front of 500LT.
2. WILL THEY CLEAR ME?
I am not the clearance officer and cannot tell you that. Come on! We asked this question especially for those who filled the correction forms. In fact, the only thing on the mind of an average fresher is to get cleared and this truly is the priority. The questions most popular under this category are 'I have 3 names on my WAEC Certificate and 2 names on the Kofa page, will they clear me?' ' The date of birth in my WAEC certificate is 199X and the one in Kofa is 199Y, will they clear me?'
3. WHEN IS MATRIC COMING UP?:
The average fresh student after being cleared is usually eager for the matriculation ceremony. He hopes and expects heaven and earth; fantasizing about how he will cruise on matric day. We all looked forward to the matriculation day per se but hey, don't be surprised if it gets postponed (laughs). That's like a culture here.
4. DO THEY RECORD ATTENDANCE?
I got drunk with laughter when a fellow fresher asked this question in my time. Not all will ask this question but believe me, I've heard it severally. Truly, lecturers do take attendance in subsequent levels and in practical sessions but in regular classes in 100 level? Almost ridiculous!
5. IS AKIN DEKO AUDITORIUM THE SAME AS THE MAIN AUDITORIUM?
Ah! I wouldn't blame the fresher on this one. The inscription usually says 'Akin Deko Main Auditorium'. Now a smart student would ask: If there's a main auditorium, where are the auxiliary ones? Again, with 'Akin Deko Auditorium' frequently interchange with 'Main Auditorium', it's easy to get confused.
6. WHAT IS EBELEBO?
I personally heard this term a lot and decided to find out what it meant. I was surprised to discover two meanings of the word. One is that it means 'almond' and the other meaning is what the new student will discover on his own. Ebelebo - the word is popular anyway.
7. IS IT TRUE THAT EKOSODIN IS A NO-GO AREA EVEN IN DAYTIME?
The new student probably hears horrible stories about Ekosodin before or immediately he resumes. He is filled with so much freight that he thinks Ekosodin is a place where people get assaulted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and at such too scared to cross the Ekosodin gates. In fact, the mention of that names chills his spines instantly. Oh! Oh dear! Only if you knew it's a normal village inhabited by thousands of students.
8. WHAT IS 'ELIGIBILITY'?
Should I tell you? Without it you cannot be a bonafide UniBen student. It's actually called 'eligibility slip'. However, student don't usually add the 'slip' at its end and this confuses new students.

There's actually ten of these questions.

www.unibenforum.com

2 Likes

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Redoil: 6:37am On Jan 04, 2015
9. Where is basement
where all 100 level students are recieving lectures?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Redoil: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2015
10. Where is ekosodin that is always recording killings?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Redoil: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2015
11. Where is orchard were different kind of friut is been planted?

1 Like

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by fr3do(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2015
Redoil:
9. Where is basement

grin
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by yorex2011: 8:10am On Jan 04, 2015
Where is hall 4 law basement?

7 Likes

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2015
Who are these arrow boys?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Dreyl(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2015
Where are the goat heads
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2015
Dreyl:
Where are the goat heads
can u like avoid this thread if u are not among us?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2015
yorex2011:
Guy yo funny o. And the bus drivers don't help matter at all. Lol
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Unibenstudent:
Who are these arrow boys?
Our one and only Hall 3 brethren. I hail o.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2015
Redoil:
9. Where is basement
Guilty of this. Lol.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by BabaAlabi: 10:36am On Jan 04, 2015
Is it true that Hall 2 girls sh1t inside nylon bag?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Trippledots(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2015
lol...greatest uniben. alma mata of life. smiley

aros to heros!

who knows wether cyril don gradge abeg
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

aros to heros!

seems you 've graduated bro. You are still very Welcome to unibenforum.com
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by PietroRico(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2015
yorex2011:
grin
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Feraz(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

aros to heros!

He has.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Trippledots(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Exoticstan:
seems you 've graduated bro. You are still very Welcome to unibenforum.com

sure bro. 2011(+1)....ok. what level and dept. are you?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Trippledots(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Feraz:
He has.

hehh! wonderful..... that guy sha.(lol) his memories make me laugh, then wonder.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

sure bro. 2011(+1)....ok. what level and dept. are you?
200L and in optometry. My journey is a long one right?

Check my signature too bro.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Trippledots(m): 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
Exoticstan:
200L and in optometry. My journey is a long one right?

Check my signature too bro.

lol...e long o. but you are not late either. great heights were not attained by sudden flight. my own odyssey started way back '06. bu now its history to me. aiit i can see ur siggy.

all the best.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Exoticstan(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

lol...e long o. but you are not late either. great heights were not attained by sudden flight. my own odyssey started way back '06. bu now its history to me. aiit i can see ur siggy.

all the best.
Thank you. Nice words. I still would want to know what post-graduation life looks like.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by davide470(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
•What is 'Porter'

•Outside Basement, they will be asking: Please where is Outside Basement.

#TeamMedicalHostel Buttery and #Mama Delta Buka.
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Yinkatolu: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
What is hotplate?
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by mtor: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
yorex2011:
One location grin grin
This one can be confusing
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by emirate0(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

aros to heros!

Yes o. Cyril is a graduate
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by emirate0(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Where is the love gutter ?grin
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by kelechiMarie(f): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Abeg wey ebelebo tree?,
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Jamean(f): 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
Loool... I also asked what is porter, June 12 and why is the buka so many (students nor dey gree cook ?)

Jan 30 that year...I wanted to walk round school and get familiar with the place. I didn't know there's a route from hostel to faculty..nai I begin follow education main road grin Trek of life.

When I got to the back of faculty of Arts (sweating), I was still asking where is Twin LT and it was right in view. Lol. The guy I asked just burst into laughter - fresher o!

Well, he ended up taking me on a tour round, as far as Capitol, blocks of flats and professor's quarters (my leg swell sha).

2 Likes

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Jamean:
Loool... I also asked what is porter and June 12 o!

Jan 30 that year...I wanted to walk round school and get familiar with the place. I didn't know there's a route from hostel to faculty..nai I begin follow education main road grin Trek of life.

When I got to the back of faculty of Arts (sweating), I was still asking where is Twin LT and it was right in view. Lol. The guy I asked just burst into laughter - fresher o!

Well, he ended up taking me on a tour round, as far as Capitol, blocks of flats and professor's quarters (my leg swell sha).

good for u
Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by harev16: 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
Trippledots:

aros to heros!

Lol... Yeah I think so... But he still shows up occasionally

1 Like

Re: 8 Funny Questions Uniben Freshers Usually Ask. by Jamean(f): 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lol...for where, good for him if he has.

Trippledots:

aros to heros!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana Releases Second Semester Result / 6 Truths About Difficult Project Supervisors & What You Can Do / Serap Drags Fg To Un Over ‘failure To End ASUU Strike’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.