Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,058 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:00 PM

The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. (457 Views)

Shettima Blasts BBOG:U Never Visited Chibok,ur Protest Is Politically Motivated' / Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North / South South Is Not Part Of Biafra- Ubong .E. Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. by Elose11(m): 6:49am On Jan 04, 2015
Politics is a game. Therefore fair play should be one of its cardinal principle. Tolerance of the antics of opponent is another great principle. I grew up believing that the northern politician were more mature in their approach to politicking than its southern counterpart. Recent events have provided evidence to prove otherwise. Whereas the southern politician is more accommodating and tolerant of each other's political affiliation, the northerners, especially the Hausa/ Fulani politician is more parochial in approach. Mobilization along regional, ethnic and religious line has become the hallmark of politicking in the northern part of the country than the south.
That PDP politicians are afraid to campaign for president Jonathan in the north for fear for their life is the height of intolerant for opposing political views. I passed through Ogbia the president's home town from Brass the other day, and I saw posters of Buhari in some street corners. Nobody tore them or prevented any one from pasting them. But in cosmopolitan Kano, you don't dare paste GEJ's poster.
The other day we were told that some drivers refused to convey PDP and GEJ branded vehicles to Kano for fear for their lives. Some northern governors are daily threatened verbally and through text messages for supporting GEJ. Including some Islamic clerics, like Gumi.
Amaechi, Timi Frank and co daily rain abuses on GEJ while campaigning for Buhari without physical retaliation from GEJ ethnic group. In fact, Amaechi is even Buhari campaign DG.
Why are the Hausas playing politics of bitterness? Must they gain power by force?
Is this politics? Is this a preparation for war that is imminent if GEJ wins the 2015 election?
Re: The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. by DesChyko: 7:05am On Jan 04, 2015
Majority of them lack the necessary education to see beyond their nose, hence the negative crowd mentality that governs them.
The result is that they are being used as puppets. Moreover, I'm led to believe that the predominance of the indigenously violent Islamic religion there has a part to play in the volatile reactions of their youth.

If GEJ wins or not, I'll buy an underground bunker with a 6feet surface concrete slab in preparation. I no fit shout.
Re: The South Is Politically Matured Than The North. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2015
Of course Yes, The south is more matured not just politically but educationally, The north only knows how to play politics of bitterness, violence is their food. I just hope the the cows don't go around killing and maiming innocent citizens next month.

(1) (Reply)

Asking Buhari To Rule Nigeria Is Like Asking Rapist To Watch Over A Virgin” -FFK / Obasanjo Defect To APC? / We Are Gone -- Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.