Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else (2338 Views)

Comics Only Introverts Will Understand / An Open Letter To Mr. Seun / There Are 4 Types Of Introverts: Which One Are YOU? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Giftedgreen: 9:41am On Jan 04, 2015
Hi, it’s us, Introverts. We just wanted to write a quick note to everyone to clear the air. We know that we can be hard to read, a little closed off and even irritable sometimes, but we do love you.

To help you deal with us, we have put together a list of things you should know.

1. Weekdays Are Me Days.

We swear it’s not because we don’t like you. And it’s also not because we just started watching Game of Thrones. (I mean, how did we actually live before?).

Socializing is for the weekends. We’re up for it then. We’re not up for it on Mondays. Of course we bend the rules for breakups, important meetings or special occasions. So basically, if it’s not your birthday, it can wait ’til Friday.

2. If You Call Me, Have A Reason

Business? We’ll answer. News? OK. Just to talk? Hahaha. Unless you fall into our “special human” category, we’re not answering your phone calls.

And frankly, even our special humans get screened (sorry, Mom). Once again, it’s not that we don’t like you. It’s because we simply do not have the energy to talk for the sake of talking.

Texting is our real friend. If you text us, then you have to tell us what you want to talk about, and we like that lots. Phone calls are for catching up and achieving goals. Anything else is considered a no-go.

3. People We Know Better Be There

Oh, kindergarten. So long ago, we were all shoved into a classroom and told to make friends. So, naturally, us Introverts know how to socialize just like everybody else. But don’t mistake this for being extroverted!

The difference is, we legitimately feel like passing out directly after talking to other humans. And this is probably why we ask the dreaded question, “Well… who is going?” We aren’t saying you’re not cool, we’re just preparing ourselves.

For what, you may ask? For talking to humans we do not know followed by leaving the party early. Sorry we’re not sorry.

4. We Are OK Without A Bajillion Friends

Clearly, it makes sense that if we are horribly rotten at meeting new people, then we probably won’t have a ton of friends. Pretty simple logic. And we’re totally OK with that.

However, the friends we do have are flipping fabulous. Take me, for example! If you are one of my dear friends, then one of two things happened:

1. You clawed your way in (bravo!)

2. We were confined together for a long period of time and forced to talk.

I’m not even kidding. That’s how I met all FIVE of my lovely friends. And I’m considered to be “outgoing” (I know, right? Five.)

Moral of the story? If you’re friends with one of us, we love you more than you know, and you’re flipping fabulous.

5. We’re Intense

Disclaimer: we seriously DO NOT know how to “bring it down,” or “lighten up.” When we are in a great conversation, it normally pertains to politics, religion, money, complicated relationships or anything else we “aren’t supposed to talk about.” These taboo subjects are our life source at cocktail parties, and we can’t help it.

Yes, your dog is too adorable and your outfit is beyond amazing, but what actually gets us going is your career buyer’s remorse or your relationship with your mother. Sorry in advance.

6. We Don’t Reach Out Well

Oh, the horror. Here’s the lowdown: We feel desperate or clingy when we ask someone to dinner, fake and slimy when we network and self-absorbed when filling in a distant friend on our lives.

That’s no excuse — we have to work on these things, but be patient with us. If these things come easier for you, help a little lost Introvert out! We’re cute, and what we lack in social aggression we make up for in poignant conversation.

7. We Like You

We really do. Well, not all of you, but a lot of you. We appreciate that Extroverts talk to us and text (not call) us and inform of us of what’s going on outside of our scary minds!

Even though we have become pretty comfortable in our introverted ways, we all at one point have been rather jealous of how you guys operate.

So, don’t think that we don’t like you just because we prefer to be alone! We aren’t hanging out with each other, either. For real.

To all of our extroverted friends out there — thanks, dudes. We know we’re in a handful. And love to the fellow Introverts out there!

ok, bye

http://giftedgreen.com/2014/blog/2015/01/04/an-open-letter-from-introverts-to-everyone-else/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 04, 2015
I'm seriously having problems with the call ish. cry
I just can't seem to pick calls at all. I want to change.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Ambrogio(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2015
^There's no need to change
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 04, 2015
im an introvert person
halelulyah.... smiley smiley
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2015
So much blessing for you his Sunday op. I can't even pick out which point explains my feelings best. All very valid points.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2015
Nice one Op, I am one hell of an introvert.
I thank God my friends understand and they are really patient with me.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2015
I live this life style ooo, just that sometimes I want to be out going
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 04, 2015
Am an extrovert but am guilty of the call ish...
Sometimes I just miss call intentionally, I mean a lot of calls

Girls are the biggest victim.

And I want to change seriously

P.S: am an extrovert with a little bit of an introvert character
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Seconded OP. Just that others consider my attitude as pride(not like I really care tho). Love being the quiet,gentle and introverted me - no apology.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2015
No one is totally introverted... There's always a mix of these characteristics.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:
Yeah right. The point is these characteristics are in varying degrees in different individuals. Some people are 99.9 introverted and just 0.1 extroverted wink
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by wizzymate(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2015
My friends have branded me inefficient for not answering calls or replying msgs on time. Always have reasons why i cant get things done for them.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 10:58am On Jan 04, 2015
Ichiato:

Yeah right. The point is these characteristics are in varying degrees in different individuals. Some people are 99.9 introverted and just 0.1 extroverted wink

Y'all sound like It's a very proud thing to be an introvert. The few I know crave extrovert qualities.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by proficienc(m): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2015
I can relate... it's not such a bad thing, the call ish sha tongue
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Vivly(f): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:
For some wierd reason I don't know, people are always quick to call themselves introverts online while the main reason they're indoors is known to them alone.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2015
Vivly:

For some wierd reason I don't know, people are always quick to call themselves introverts online while the main reason they're indoors is known to them alone.

I wonder oh. Anybody you meet online claims to be introverted like It's a great attribute or a praiseworthy achievement.

Some people who are just lonely will also come and claim introvert because no one calls, visits or asks about them.

Please, does ignoring certain calls (apparently, there are some unavoidable calls) translate to being introverted?
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Vivly(f): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

I wonder oh. Anybody you meet online claims to be introverted like It's a great attribute or a praiseworthy achievement.

Some people who are just lonely will also come and claim introvert because no one calls, visits or asks about them.

Please, does ignoring certain calls (apparently, there are some unavoidable calls) translate to being introverted?

LMAO!!! You get my point!
You owe someone money, the person calls and you ignore therefore you become an introvert.

Friday night, no money to flex, you sit at home and call yourself an introvert.

Big party in town, your swag no reach, you sit at home and call yourself an introvert.
Like Kilode?

Even the real introverts barely say it, you'll just find out on your own.
Nowadays, tell someone to introduce him or herself and the person starts with I'm an introvert and then out of stupidity adds 'and I like making new friends'. How does the two even relate?
I fear I no run.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

Y'all sound like It's a very proud thing to be an introvert. The few I know crave extrovert qualities.
I think that very proud sound actually comes from the way extroverts treat their introverted counterparts. Many extraverts treat introverts like they have a problem or theirs something wrong with them. That's just their way of saying "hey, we are fine and we love living this way, not every body has to be extroverts". As for your friends, for me its either they don't know any better or they are shy and not really introverts. They are two different things you know wink
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2015
Vivly:

You owe someone money, the person calls and you ignore therefore you become an introvert.
Friday night, no money to flex, you but at home and call yourself an introvert.
Big party in town, your swag no reach, you sit at home and call yourself an introvert.
Like Kilode?
Nowadays, tell someone to introduce him or herself and the person starts with I'm an introvert and then out of stupidity Will add 'I like making new friends'. How does the two relate?
I fear I no run.

I no fit shout. Hahaha
The one wey dey pain me na people dey use the word like say na one kind achievement.
You'll be chatting with someone and you ask why she doesn't say much (for chat oh) she go tell you say she be introvert. kai I wan mad lol
Them wan carry force bridge the difference between being boring and being introverted.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2015
Ichiato:

I think that very proud sound actually comes from the way extroverts treat their introverted counterparts. Many extraverts treat introverts like they have a problem or theirs something wrong with them. That's just their way of saying "hey, we are fine and we love living this way, not every body has to be extroverts". As for your friends, for me its either they don't know any better or they are shy and not really introverts. They are two different things you know wink

Isn't that a sad life?
These things listed up there.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

Isn't that a sad life?
These things listed up there.
You see my point ? undecided
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2015
Ichiato:

You see my point ? undecided

lol you say people see it as pride but I see them as being lonely and sad.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by LillyAnne(f): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2015
Vivly:

Friday night, no money to flex, you sit at home and call yourself an introvert.

Like Kilode?

Nowadays, tell someone to introduce him or herself and the person starts with I'm an introvert and then out of stupidity adds 'and I like making new friends'. How does the two even relate?
I fear I no run.
Dannylux:

Dannylux:

I no fit shout. Hahaha
The one wey dey pain me na people dey use the word like say na one kind achievement.
You'll be chatting with someone and you ask why she doesn't say much (for chat oh) she go tell you say she be introvert. kai I wan mad lol
Them wan carry force bridge the difference between being boring and being introverted.
You both, are crazy! grin grin grin grin

BTW, I'm an introvert undecided
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Vivly(f): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2015
LillyAnne:

If I hear sey you be introvert. cheesy
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

lol you say people see it as pride but I see them as being lonely and sad.
You see yourself? Is loneliness something you see or something you feel ? Or na you dey help them feel their loneliness undecided
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2015
LillyAnne:

lol Miss. NFCS

If I didn't know you it would have been different.

"Ekwutos" grin
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Dannylux: 11:54am On Jan 04, 2015
Ichiato:

You see yourself? Is loneliness something you see or something you feel ? Or na you dey help them feel their loneliness undecided

Are there no physical attributes of a lonely person? We shouldn't debate this.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

Are there no physical attributes of a lonely person? We shouldn't debate this.
You are right we shouldn't argue here. Read a thing or two about introverts then you will know better.
I see an opportunity to socialize but I say NO, I prefer to be alone reading my book or playing with my laptop and you're telling me am lonely. Please say something else.
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by Vivly(f): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ichiato:

You are right we shouldn't argue here. Read a thing or two about introverts then you will know better.
I see an opportunity to socialize but I say NO, I prefer to be alone reading my book or playing with my laptop and you're telling me am lonely. Please say something else.
Something else
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by LillyAnne(f): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
Vivly:

If I hear sey you be introvert. cheesy
Vivly:
Something else
I swear, you're Cray! grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by LillyAnne(f): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
Dannylux:

lol Miss. NFCS

If I didn't know you it would have been different.

"Ekwutos" grin
You ehn! grin
Re: An Open Letter From Introverts To Everyone Else by bidexolumanish(m): 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
for real,been an introvert is nt damn easy,thinkin all day for solution or a way out,d only tym i get bored is wen my brothers packs in housefull of friends(oh no)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Palm Oil Business In Rivers State / Baba Ijebu / Is It Photoshop? Or Can A Negro, Have This Eye Colour Naturally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.