Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience (18433 Views)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / How To Change Boring Default Andriod Emoji To IOS Emoji (cool) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by martineverest(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2015
U must be joking.....windows phones has d best picture quality
staymore:
The picture quality is another problem with Windows phone too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Lakeshizu(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2015
so why will u say windows is boring
I have my GTB app to send money to my loved ones
I have Twitter, vine, wechat and BBM to keep up with social happenings
I have my Manchester United app to keep with my team
I have Global TV, youtube, Channels Tv and vine app to watch movies and news on the go
I have Team viewer app ( i love this app), I control my Lpatop with my phone.
I have addidas Micoach to help stay fit.
I have Sweet crush, Sonic boom, Call off Duty 5, Asphalt 8, and Wordsby free post, I game till i kill my battery always.

4 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by laplace12(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2015
Baddestguyp:
u can be sure you'll still get tired of it.

this is why I love my android, virtually every 2-3 weeks, I re-customize my phone to make it look totally different.

How will you know when you've never used a windows phone?

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by laplace12(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2015
martincbarton:
And I'm considering buying one.

Windows phones are good. The people saying these have never used one.

3 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by laplace12(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2015
martincbarton:
And I'm considering buying one.

Windows phones are good. The people saying these have never used it.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Baddestguyp(m): 11:57am On Jan 15, 2015
laplace12:

How will you know when you've never used a windows phone?
and how do you know I haven't used one, a friend of mine does and his phone is boring

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by laplace12(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
Baddestguyp:
and how do you know I haven't used one, a friend of mine does and his phone is boring

I am still right, you've never used it. No one uses a windows phone and complains afterwards. Most of these complaints come from outsiders.

3 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by spacefreak: 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
The Op is totally misinformed. Comparing android to windows phone is like comparing apple to oranges. Windows phone has zero lag and always run as smooth as butter. On the app issue all major apps are available in the store including instagram vine bbm Whatsapp flipboard facebook wechat skype viber telegram and they are all official apps. The apps you need are in the store, emphasis on "need". In my experience windows phone has the best experience of a mobile os considering it runs terrific on a 512mb ram device. And yes it has several file managers in the store my best being metro file manager. Bluetooth sharing has also been available since windows phone 8. You have to use it to love it. I love my Lumia 730. Budget on steroids

3 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by dims95(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
Most of these people that are complaining don't know what they are saying. I use a windows phone and the next phone I plan on buying is still a windows phone. Windows combines functionality and entertainment perfectly.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Feraz(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
All these Android fans that won't let people rest. . . . undecided

Try a Windows Phone before coming here to talk about what you do not know. . . .
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
stupid excuses. have you heard of files explorer. check your windows app store. for those using a windows tab, it works just like a system, has a dektop and u can acces pretty any other file on it.
Samsantos9:
I was considering buying a windows tab, but cos of the last point I'm having a rethink.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
spacefreak:
The Op is totally misinformed. Comparing android to windows phone is like comparing apple to oranges. Windows phone has zero lag and always run as smooth as butter. On the app issue all major apps are available in the store including instagram vine bbm Whatsapp flipboard facebook wechat skype viber telegram and they are all official apps. The apps you need are in the store, emphasis on "need". In my experience windows phone has the best experience of a mobile os considering it runs terrific on a 512mb ram device. And yes it has several file managers in the store my best being metro file manager. Bluetooth sharing has also been available since windows phone 8. You have to use it to love it. I love my Lumia 730. Budget on steroids
pls i,m currently using lumia 720 and i want to upgrade to 730. pls tell ur lumia 730 user expirience.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by omodapson(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
The Op has probably not used a windows phone recently. I used to have that assumption until i switched to lumia 930 and my experience has never been the same . I now prefer my windows to my Note 3. The user interface is just too sweet and so easy to use.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by hydroking23(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
I've been using a Nokia Lumia 920 for almost two years now and I love it!

Excellent Camera and picture quality.

Seamless access to my office files.

Live tiles allows for easy access to my apps with updates as well

Cortana is amazing with directions, scheduling and recommendations

Did I mention NFC tap to share files and pay for items since my debt card is linked to my phone. A feature that Apple totally copied from Microsoft.

Those bashing WP don't know what they are talking about. And when w10 is released we will see even more development.

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by tunetokheyno(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Don't call my name when your eyeballs pop out o

For someone who's name is Uchiha Itachi! you're pretty antsy about the eyeballs...
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by imperiouxx(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
aze:
Lack of Reliable System Wide File Manager
One of the Major Problem is There is no System Wide File Manager. We donot have any App also for this, For Access of Files in your Mobile you have to connect it to the System.

Add Yours

Pix of some window phones below:

Haba! Proofread an old article before posting, window 8 phones have file manager and many more cool stuffs. And there is no platform without fake apps.

Also, many of your points are questionable.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by spacefreak: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nokialumia720:
pls i,m currently using lumia 720 and i want to upgrade to 730. pls tell ur lumia 730 user expirience.

Its terrific. It came with windows phone 8.1 and has cyan preloaded. The selfie app is awesome that's if you are into taking selfies. The phone is beautiful and really feels good to hold. Are there specifics you worried about? Maybe I would be able to help more directly.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by G3tech(m): 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Windows 8.1 comes with a file manager

BTW, Windows tabs actually use the pc version of Windows OS, not mobile
Can windows tab run all applications that run on pc version of windows os? I'm most concerned about using windows tab to run programming languages eg VB.NET for writing programs. Thanks.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Anuoluwap(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
A big lie. @op Concerning one user interface, you can actually have another user interface by editing your 'kids corner'
Secondly, most of your points affects windows before 8.0, 8.1 cause I have two file mangers that I'm using and they're very good though one is beta than d other. About apps I believe apps will increase with time. And do you even know that where your android and other IOS are possibly battling with virus, windows phone can neva be contacted with any virus and if you av an already infected memory card, it will scan it. What else? Oh I forgot, where other ios are struggling with the way data is being deducted and credits on phones being wiped out even after turning of data off and having data subscription, let me tell you that you need not stress yourself on windows phone cause my money is secure whenever I have subscription and it doesn't consume data like other ios cause there are tips to use which are very effective and reliable.

1 Like

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by threadstone(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
These android boys would never just let us be. the excitement about customization and apps die down the older and more occupied u get. That is when you get to know that a real good phone is not about babyish launchers, roms, and games apps but just those apps that assist you in acheiving your goal staying connected and using all the apps you need. every major developer has its app listed on their store. well because theres no youtube app, so what? Last i heard windows dont lag even with 512mb ram which your super android cant stand. your apps are not so spectacular like ios and the 1.4 million apps in your store has a greater percentage of fake apps than any other operating system.

Pride comes before a fall. Symbian OS once thought no other OS could take its place.

#TeamIOS

2 Likes

Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
spacefreak:

Its terrific. It came with windows phone 8.1 and has cyan preloaded. The selfie app is awesome that's if you are into taking selfies. The phone is beautiful and really feels good to hold. Are there specifics you worried about? Maybe I would be able to help more directly.
thanks, what about the bar3 backup and the picture quality. How is the screen resolution.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by legacyint: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
muhsain299:
is there a app for transferring applications for WP....a app like xender
nice question this is where i really hates windows phone. apps cannot be transfer from one phone to d otherg,yet the windows store set 100mb as d download limit on mobile network,unless u connect to a wifi,abeg windows phone sucks,make i no mention d borin UI o,dat one na anoda matter on its own.team DROID.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by miketayo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
have been using windows phones for 3 years without any issue. doesnt lag like android devices. the major apps r present so i dont see wat d problem is. If u say its boring, with ll u say abt d IOS but then again aside from IPhone IOS windows phone is d best.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by caniva(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
spacefreak:

Please don't stress yourself disclosing the goodness we are enjoying on Windows Phones. I love WP like kilode! and am even planing on going for LUMIA 1210 with over 40-megapixel camera. Currently I use Lumia 820. It's my 5th WP in lest than 2-years.

I wish OP never come up with this kind of topic, cos they just disclose to us how emptied they are when it comes to TECH that compensate and satisfy customers' hard earned money.

Ee'yah! did u even tell them WPs Screen don't SCRATCH no matter what?
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by miketayo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
legacyint:
nice question this is where i really hates windows phone. apps cannot be transfer from one phone to d otherg,yet the windows store set 100mb as d download limit on mobile network,unless u connect to a wifi,abeg windows phone sucks,make i no mention d borin UI o,dat one na anoda matter on its own.team DROID.

so those r ur major problems? transferring app isnt a big deal, and the UI depends on ur taste. trust me android has got more problems than this.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
This is an interesting topic. People have different reasons for using smart phones, mostly for socializing and education. Also people consider the application that the phone has, some care if its a 2 sim phone, if it has front and back camera e.t.c.

my first experience with smartphone was with an HTC Android phone which I enjoyed except for the battery issue and Mb but luckily I can use blackberry subscription on airtel.
when I wanted to change phone I decided to be adventurous and opted for a windows phone and
hmmmmmm

the experience has been mixed
what I don't at first didn't like about windows is the store, many popular apps are missing.

and

what I see as competition between Microsoft and google.u can't find an original Gmail and Google plus apps in the store, you can only access your google in the browser and even that has limits especially when using Google plus, since I use Google plus a lot, I didn't like my windows phone at first.

also its difficult to buy from the store from Nigeria ( I may be wrong on this point .. If I am somebody pleas enlighten me but that was what happened when I tried buying from the store)

BUT

I don't regret buying the window phone. It has everything I wanted in a phone.
and since its almost a norm now in Nigeria to have 2 smartphones I will simply buy an andriod phone as a second phone.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by caniva(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2015

miketayo:

so those r ur major problems? transferring app isnt a big deal, and the UI depends on ur taste. trust me android has got more problems than this.

As regards download limit: Pls don't get it twisted. You can download without WIFI. It has a settings. Can't tell you guys, cos If you don't know this, it means you're not conversant with WPs.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by staymore: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
martineverest:
U must be joking.....windows phones has d best picture quality
I know what am saying, what am using here is a Nokia Windows8.1, it has 5mp camera, compare a Techno or Blackberry of same 5mp to confirm.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by martineverest(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
The camera quality of lumia is incomparable,even iphones cant beat itl
staymore:

I know what am saying, what am using here is a Nokia Windows8.1, it has 5mp camera, compare a Techno or Blackberry of same 5mp to confirm.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by martineverest(m): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Yeah it does....buy windows tab with winddows 8.1 not windows 8rt......all window tablets with win=ows 8.1 perferm same function with pc.
G3tech:

Can windows tab run all applications that run on pc version of windows os? I'm most concerned about using windows tab to run programming languages eg VB.NET for writing programs. Thanks.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by Collinz2(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
Android phones are for geeky people but windows phones are not for geeky phones thats why android users hate windows. 90% of xda forum work are based on android.
Re: Why Windows Phone Can Be A Boring Experience by LikeTheWind(m): 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
Promhize:
I wanted to send a word document from a friend's Windows phone to Android, so I decided to rename it to .jpg, so the phone thinks it's an image Windows phone couldn't do it.

Amongst other things Windows phone is crap, only their cameras are good, but then again it makes the phone bulky and heavy.

Don't mislead people there is windows 8RT that runs many tabs like Microsoft surface RT, Nokia tab 2550 that aren't the desktop OS and cannot run the most basic desktop apps

I thought windows phone is an OS, how come the OS makes the phones heavy and bulky?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things You Are Doing Wrong On Your Android / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / Tecno Camon CX VS Tecno Camon C9 Specifications Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.