Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) (4621 Views)

Ramadan: With Which Soul Will You Meet The Guest? / What Happens To Our Body During Fasting! / Disease Of the Soul: Anger (Ghadhab) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by mskata(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
I decided to open this thread and ask this question because I came across a thread on the front page https://www.nairaland.com/2073475/shocked-cousin-bro-died-motor now in that thread the guy was talking about how his cousin who died a week ago is disturbing the immediate family, as in they hear knocking on their doors but when they go out to check they don't see anyone, but they believe he is the one. now as a Muslim I believe the dead remains dead and don't have power to interfere with the living because the soul of the dead is even facing judgement right from the grave. But the jinns have powers to do such using the face of the dead person and all that. So my question is what initially happens to the soul of the dead person before it is buried, let's say the body was left in the mortuary for a week a month or more?
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by kemiola89(f): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
Any issue relating to ghost scares me stiff but I would like to know too!
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by mskata(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
kemiola89:
Any issue relating to ghost scares me stiff but I would like to know too!

Same here o.....

But the whole ghost n jinn thing is getting me confused will really like to know which is which so scholars in the house please do the needful.

Thanks
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by Fkforyou(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2015
Tbaba1234 ,Albaqir
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by balash(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2015
A Dead Soul Is Dead, Anything Other than That Are The Work Of Jinn... I Stand Been Corrected Though..
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2015
Fkforyou:
Tbaba1234 ,Albaqir

By Allah, the most High, I read your post and ever since then I have been more than willing to reply appropriately. However, I am on vacation with my family far away from home where my library is located. Your questions are explained in detail in a book titled "Manazila akhira" by Sheik Hajj Abbas Qummi (1294H). This is a delicate study that has to do with spiritual knowledge and experience because the explanations to it is not DIRECTLY bore out from the holy Qur'an and hadith.

So please be a bit patient. This thread will be alive soon with responds and feedbacks. Its gonna be an interesting journey, in sha Allah.

Salam.
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by mskata(m): 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
AlBaqir:

By Allah, the most High, I read your post and ever since then I have been more than willing to reply appropriately. However, I am on vacation with my family far away from home where my library is located. Your questions are explained in detail in a book titled "Manazila akhira" by Sheik Hajj Abbas Qummi (1294H). This is a delicate study that has to do with spiritual knowledge and experience because the explanations to it is not DIRECTLY bore out from the holy Qur'an and hadith.

So please be a bit patient. This thread will be alive soon with responds and feedbacks. Its gonna be an interesting journey, in sha Allah.

Salam.

JAZAKALLAHUL KHAYR

patiently waiting............
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by maclatunji: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
mskata:

JAZAKALLAHUL KHAYR

Please read this http://www.islamicinformation.net/2008/05/souls-journey-after-death-in-islam.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 2:33am On Jan 17, 2015
mskata:

JAZAKALLAHUL KHAYR

First, what happens to the guy's family whereby they can hear knocks believing is there dead one, could be Jinn, in truth. Some of these Jinns are companions of shaitan with cunning ways to mislead man from the straight path. Such a thing, naturally, will create fear and panic. A person whose Iman is not strong might begin to seek things other than Allah running from one 'alfa to pastor to babalawo et el. Such a person falls to the pit of shaitan.

Second, it can equally be that person's spirit wandering about. This usually happens when the body has not been laid to rest in the Qabr. In sha Allah, this will be explain better soon.

Third, as per your question per se, "what happen to the soul after death before it buried?", I think its not proper to just go straight to the question without explaining certain fundamentals within the context of Ma'ad (Returning). So I intend to make it a more comprehensive contribution (comment) here hoping you will bear with me. I intend this:

* to avoid opening another thread
* to give a detailed info on what muslims should know pertaining to Resurrection.
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 2:38am On Jan 17, 2015
MA'AD - Returning
Ma'ad is one of the fundamental principles of Islamic faith and belief in it is incumbent upon all Muslims. Ma'ad is derived fromthe root word "Aud" which means to return. Hence, the returning of the spirit (Ruh) back to its body is called Ma'ad. After death every soul shall arise to see the reward or retribution of their deeds, as the case may be.

Ma'ad consists of stages like: Death (Maut), Grave (Qabr), Intermediate stage (Barzakh), Resurrection (Qayamat) and Paradise (Jannat) or hell (Jahannam).

Ma'ad cannot be perceived by the five senses of man because of its limitation in the material world, but can be comprehend by reasoning alone. A soul captivated by the influences of matter cannot easily understand the hidden world and its realities. The knowledge of this unseen world is concealed from man and he can only understand it through the medium of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) and his vicegerents, the Imams of his ahl al-bayt, and other selected servants of Allah. What happens after death?

Is A Person's Body Effected After Death?
Many are of the opinion that after death man's body becomes an absolute nothing like a dry wood, hece, the question of reckoning in the grave does not arise. Such doubts are the outcome of sheer ignorance and lack of belief in the unseen (ghaib). Speech is the effect of the tongue and movements are impressions of a living body. But the spirit (Ruh) is motionless and is hence independent of movements, whilst dreaming a man's tongue or his lips do not move, and a person awake will bear witness to it. After awakening the person will narrate the discussions he had with people, he will also claim to have traveled far off cities, but his body in reality having laid motionless on the bed all throughout the night.

DEATH (MAUT)
Scholars differ regarding the explanation of death. Some call it a continuous phenomenon (Amri wujudi) not the end of life, while others opine that it is terminal one (Amri Adami), the end of life. But the generally excepted fact is that it is purely a bodily affair. Regarding death it is said that, "it is a continuous process and the vice versa to life." The Holy Qur'an says: "Blessed is He in whose Hand is the kingdom (of heavens and the earth), and He has power over all things, Who created death and life that He may try you, (to prove) which of you is best in deeds." {Surah al-Mulk:1-2}.

The above verse refers to the purpose of creation of life and death. Non-existence is not the essence of creation. If death had been an ending process, the word "Khaliq" (creation) would not have been used. Death in reality is the divorce of the spirit (Ruh) from the body. The spirit is a light which illuminate the dark body and its components derive benefit from it. Whereas death is the estranger of this light from the body, leaving it again in darkness. It is incumbent upon us to believe that death is a phenomenon solely governed by the will of and command of Almighty Allah only, and He maintained the relation of the spirit to the body from mother's womb till the end.
"Allah takes the spirit (Ruh) at the time of their death" {surah az-Zumar: 42}. Angel of death only acts in accordance to the command of Allah.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 2:42am On Jan 17, 2015
Separation Of The Spirit From The Body
It is narrated in the tradition of Mi'raj that a plank is placed in front of Angel of death on which names of all creatures are written. When Allah wills death of anyone of His creatures, the name on the plank disappears, and the Angel of death does the needful. It is possible that at one time death of more than one creature may be ordained. Just as many candles can be extinguished in a single puff, more than one spirit can be removed together. "Say (O prophet) the Angel of death who is given charge of you shall cause you to die" {surah as-Sajdah: 11}.

As Allah has created this world as a house of causes (Darul Asbab), He has also created a cause for death. Disease, murder, accident, etc are some of its causes. These act as reasons for the approach of death, if not there are instances of persons who recover even after serious illness, while some die in a blink of an eye. These causes also do not have an independent option, unless attested by the command and will of the Almighty.

Spirits of some men are removed with ease while some experience severe difficulty. It is narrated in the ahadith (traditions) that during death some people feel as if their body is being cut asunder by scissors, or are being grinded in a mill, while some feel as if smelling the fragrance of a rose. It is stated in the Qur'an: "Those whom the Angels cause to die in a good state, saying 'Peace be on you', enter the garden (of Paradise) for what you did." {surah an-Nahl: 32}.

NOTE: It is not necessary that the spirits of all believers (Mu'minin) be removed easily. Even a believer who has done good deeds in his lifetime experiences difficulty during death. This acts as the punishment for sins he committed for which he is atoned for in this very world. While for a non-believer this difficulty is an extra punishment of Allah followed by the ones to come in the Hereafter. Qur'an: "But how will it be when the Angels cause them to die smitting their backs." {sura al-Muhammad: 27}.

It is also possible that a non-believer may not experience difficulty during death, this acts as reward for the good deeds he has committed which is compensated in this very world, leaving their scrolls of death of any reward.

In reality, death is an unfortunate event for a non-believer even though he dies in comfort, while it is a blessing and felicity for a believer even though he experiences difficulty during it.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by Empiree: 3:01am On Jan 17, 2015
How was your vacation @ AlBaqir ?
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 3:44am On Jan 17, 2015
Relating To The Removal Of The Spirit And Its Hardships (Sakarat)
"And the stupor of death will come in truth, that is what you were trying of. Escape." {Surah Qaf: 19}
This stage is full of difficulties and troubles. On one hand, a man feels pain, his tongue turns motionless, his bodily components cease to function, while on the other hand weeping and wailing of relatives, grief of their separation, orphaning of children, and the sorrow of leaving behind hardly earned wealth and enormous property for others to feast upon. The dying man remembers his sins and regrets, but alas, the time (to repent) has passed and accounts closed.
Imam 'Ali (as) says: "He (the dying person) regrets over his wealth which he gathered bearing hardships, and now he is being separated from it, leaving it to be feasted upon by his inheritors. His hard earned wealth is left for the use of others.".

The dying person feels scared, for he is about to enter an unknown and unexplored world and is all the more freighted when he witnesses those things which are totally new to him. The Holy Qur'an says "Certainly you were heedless of it, but now we have removed from you your veil, so your sight today is sharp." {surah Qaf: 22}

He feels the presence of Angels around him and wonders what about what is in store for him...

The dying man is confused, because on one hand Satan with his companions tries hard to spoil his faith (Iman), and on the other hand the thought of the arrival of the Angel of death makes him all the more puzzled.

The holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) is reported to have said that apart from the non-believers, there are some among his Ummah who will also experience a great torment before death; here, Angel of death is said to bring along with him a club of fire to remove his spirit and the flames of hell scream at these dying people: (1) An oppressive (Zalim) ruler, (2) Those who unjustly usurp the rights of orphans, and (3) The bearer of false witness."

Man due to difficulty or ease during death also sees the effects of his good or bad deeds which he committed. There are also some who turn apostates during death due to some of their bad deeds. "Then evil was the end of those who did evil, because they rejected the communications of Allah and used to mock them" {surah Rum: w0}

It has also been narrated that during death (sakarat) or afterwards, the following persons should not be near the dying man: a woman in menses (Haiz) or Istahaza (irregular period), and a polluted (Junub) person, because the blessed Angels go away and the dying man falls in trouble.{Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as)}.

Those Deeds Whose Performance Eases Death
1. "If a person wishes that his last moments should be easy, he should maintain cordial relations with his kith and kin, and be kind to his parents. Whoever does so, death will be eased, and he will never fall prey to misfortunes in his lifetime" {Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as)}

2. Imam Jafar sadiq also said:[color=006600]"Do you wish that you may face death while on the Right path? And do you wish that your spirit (Ruh) may be removed from your body while you be performing good deeds? Then hold Allah's orders dear to yourself and obey them, and do not waste the bounties offered by Him by being disobedient to Him, and do not take undue advantage of His mercy, nor become arrogant. Honor those who follow Us and respect those who love us."[/color]

3. Performing Salat on time (awwal al-wakht). Recitation of surah Yasin, surah as-Saffat, sura az-Zilzal etc. Fasting on the month of Rajab esp. 24th day and the last day.

* These are few Amaal (deeds) among many recommended deeds from the books of ahadith.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 3:46am On Jan 17, 2015
FROM DEATH TILL GRAVE
After the spirit (Ruh) is separated from the body, it lingers on the top for sometime.

The spirit of the dead remains present and witnesses the bath given to his body. It is also narrated that when the bath is being performed, the dead person feels as if he is being thrown from height, and the rough hands of the person performing the bath seems to be smiting him. Hence, it is necessary that bath should be performed with gentle hands.

The spirit hears voices of the people who have come to attend his funeral. Hence it should be borne in mind that one should avoid talking during funeral.

It is also narrated that after the dead body is buried, the spirit returns and maintains relation with the body.

THE GRAVE (al-Qabr)
One of the fearsome stages of the hereafter is the grave, which calls out daily: "I am the abode of loneliness, I am the house of terror, I am the home of worms."

Terror of the Grave
It is quoted in "Man La Yahzaruhul Faqih", that when a dead body is brought for burial, it should not be buried immediately. For there is no doubt that the terror of the grave horrifies the dead person, and he seeks refuge from Allah's wrath. The dead body should be laid to rest for sometime far from the grave, so that it prepares itself, and gets accustomed to it. Allamah Majlisi while commenting on the above, says that even though the spirit is separated from the body, it is still maintains relation with it, and remains somewhat attached to it.

The darkness and loneliness, questioning by 'Munkir and Nakeer', squeezing in the grave, and the chasetisement in hell are some of the frightful stages. Hence it is necessary for man to take lessons from a dead man's state, and reflect upon it, because one day he himself will have to pass through these stages.

Following are related from the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household):

1. "The first night is the most fearful and difficult for the dead person, hence give Sadaqa for his safety."

2. Perform two unit Rakat: In the 1st Rakat after Surah al-Hamd recite recites twice surah at-Tawheed, and in the 2nd Rakat after surah al-Hamd recites Ten times surah al-Takasur. After finishing recite the following dua:
"Allahuma salli ala Muhammadin wa a'ahli Muhammad wab'hash thawabaha ilah qabr dhalika - l mayiti...

O Allah; (please) bless Muhammad and his household and send the reward of it to the grave of the dead...so-and-so.

(Here mention the name of the dead)

3. Or 2 Rakat as above, after Surah al-Hamd in the first rakat, Ayat Kursi once. And in the second rakat, after surah al-Hamd, 10times surah al-Qadr should be recited. After that the above-mentioned dua should be recited.

To be continue in sha Allah...

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 4:04am On Jan 17, 2015
Empiree:
How was your vacation @ AlBaqir ?

Alhamdulillah my brother. Hope you and your loved ones are fine too. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AgentXxx(m): 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
jazakumullahu khaeran..@albaqir waiting patiently for your update..
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by Fkforyou(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Salam....thank you very much for the insight.
My question is if one dies, the spirit will be re united with the body right? Then does it means that the person would spend the whole time in the grave under the ground? will he be able to hear what is going on around him like peoples movement? will he feel the weather conditions like during raining season will he be wet and cold?
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 7:50am On Jan 19, 2015
Narrowness And Squeeze In The Grave
Amirul Mu'mineen 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) says: "O the servants of Allah! The state in the grave of a person whose sins are not forgiven is more horrifying than death itself. Fear its (grave's) narrowness, its squeezing, its imprisonment, and its loneliness, of terror and worms. Grave is like a garden of paradise for a good doer, while it is like a dungeon of hell for the evil doer..."

Do People Who Are Drowned or Are Hanged Have To Face The Squeeze In The Grave?
Sheik kulaini narrates from Yunus who says once Imam Ali ar-Rida (as) was asked whether a person who is hanged also faces squeezing. NB: In the olden days it was a custom that when a person was hanged, his body was not brought down from the gallows, but was kept hanging there e.g the case of Zaid ibn Ali ibn Hussain, he lay in that manner for three years.

Imam Rida (as) answered, "Yes, they too shall face it, because Allah (who has power over all things) orders the wind to squeeze him as the earth does."

Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) says "Verily the Lord of the earth and wind is One and the same, He commands the wind to squeeze the dead man, and this squeezing is more painful than the squeezing by the earth."

In the same manner, those who are drowned or are killed and eaten up by the beasts have to face the squeezing.

Questioning In The Grave
One of the principal factors of Islamic belief in which it is obligatory, is the questioning in the grave by Munkir and Nakeer.

Allamah Majlisi relates in "Bihar al-Anwar (Oceans of light)" that it is a proven fact from reliable ahadith that the questioning and the squeezing in the grave is for the physical body, as also for the spirit. In the grave one is questioned regarding one's beliefs (Aqaid) and deeds (A'maal). The questions are put to every believer as well as a non-believer. Only infants, the mentally retarded, and the people of lesser intellect are exempted from it. The period of 'Barzakh' offers them neither reward nor retribution.

Talqeen - Admonition
The dead man feels uneasy in answering these questions because of the fearful environment and needs help at that moment, hence Talqeen is recited at the following two places so that he is reminded of his beliefs (Aqaid):

1. When the body is laid in the grave. It is better to place one's right hand on the right shoulder of the dead body, and left hand on the left shoulder, and shake slightly when the name of the dead man is recited in the Talqeen.

2. When the grave is closed. It is recommended (Sunnat) that a near relative of the dead man should sit near the head of the grave after people leave, and should recite the Talqeen in a loud voice.

Question may be ask as to what is the benefit of reciting the 'Talqeen', when the spirit has already left the body. The answer to this question is that (as related in Traditions), the spirit (Ruh) of the dead man remains present at that moment, and hears and observes more clearly than us. It also understands all languages. Limitation is the outcome of this materialistic world.
Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) says, that when a believer is laid to rest in his grave, Salat (prayer) remains on his right side, Zakat on his left side, and acts of goodness and kindness (towards others) gives shelter on his head, and patience (shown at the time of distress) remains near him. When 'Munkir and Nakeer' come to question him, patience requests Salat, Zakat and goodness to surround him from all sides and give him refuge, and says that whenever troubles and calamities befell this man, I was always there with him.
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 7:52am On Jan 19, 2015
INTERMEDIATE PERIOD (BARZAKH)
One of the dreaded stages of the Hereafter is 'Barzakh'. Barzakh literally means a curtain or a separator which lies between two things and does not allow them to meet each other. For example, sweet water and bitter water both flow side by side, but Almighty Allah has set between them a barrier so they do not intermingle {Surah ar-Rahman: 19 - 20}.

But 'Barzakh' in this context means that Allah has placed a curtain between this world and the hereafter. Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) says, "By Allah! I fear a lot for your state in Barzakh". The narrator asked Imam as to what is Barzakh? Imam Sadiq (as) replied that, It is a period starting from death till Qiyamat.
"And before them is a Barzakh until the day they are raised" {Surah Mu'min: 100}

The Period Of Barzakh And The Body
Barzakh is also called a corporeal or a non-material world (Alami Misali) because some what it seems like this world, but its nature and matter is totally different. After we die the other world seems quite vast when compared to this world, and this world can be compared to the womb of the mother. In the same manner, the body of a human in Barzakh will be the likeness of the one in this world. It means that in Barzakh the physical components of a man will be the same as in this world, but will be independent of matter. In fact it will be more pleasant and lighter (Lateef) than air, and will be transparent.{Imam Jafar Sadiq}.

If one looks at one's dead father in a dream, he will surely say that his appearance and bodily components were the same as when he was alive. But the reality is that his body and matter lie buried in the grave.

Bodily parts do not become exhausted or weak...and a believer rejoices in eternal youth, while a non-believer suffers the impediments of old age, which act as Allah's chastisement.

Philosophers and thinkers compare this body (in Barzakh) to the image in a mirror, but with two differences: (1) The corporeal body (Badani Misali) is firm and free, and independent of the mirror, and (2) It is intelligent, wise and understands as against the image in the mirror.

In the state of Barzakh the intellect of the corporeal body is very strong. The pleasures which we derive in this world are nothing as compared to those in that stage. The reality lies there whereas here is the likeness of it.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2015
Fkforyou:
Salam....thank you very much for the insight.
My question is if one dies, the spirit will be re united with the body right? Then does it means that the person would spend the whole time in the grave under the ground? will he be able to hear what is going on around him like peoples movement? will he feel the weather conditions like during raining season will he be wet and cold?

Your questions are answered under the heading 'Barzakh (intermediate stage)' discussed above^

Further discussions to continue in sha Allah...
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2015
THE EFFECT OF THE SPIRIT (RUH) ON THE BODY AND ITS RELATION WITH THE GRAVE
The spirit receives reward or punishment (as the case may be) in the grave. But due to its long relation with the body, the body also feels pain and is effected.

In one hadith, Imam Ja'far Sadiq (as) says verily the Spirit (Ruh) of the believer is in "Wadi-us-salaam", but it surely keeps an eye on what is happening in the grave. It also looks at the people who have come to visit his grave. Imam Ja'far Sadiq (as) compares the spirit to the sun...Even though the sun is not on the earth but is on the sky, the entire earth is illuminated by its light, in the same manner the spirit is in "Wadi-us-salam" but it keeps contact with the body.

Graves have been exhume and the body of many years have been found intact - fresh as if its just being laid. This is an indication that somehow spirit do not leave the body

On the other hand, when the spirits of the non-believers are being punished, their bodies are also effected.

To be continue in sha Allah....

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by mskata(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2015
AlBaqir:

further discussions to continue in sha Allah...

JAZAKHALLAHUL KHAYR, closely following.......
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
mskata:

JAZAKHALLAHUL KHAYR, closely following.......

Wa iyyakum dear brother. Like I said once, this is an interesting topic and I'm afraid we haven't start yet. In sha Allah, the next comments shall be real life examples of various shuyukhs, pertaining to the subject matters. In sha Allah, I will not hesitate to narrate my personal experiences. All these examples to follow are to confirm the submissions and theories above. Then, we will talk about Resurrection, Paradise and Hell. Last will be recommended Du'a in ahadith for living, dying and dead.

Wa salam alaykum.
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by zeeziz(f): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Salam,thank u for sharing this knowledge I learnt so many things wc I regret not knowing earlier may Allah(swt) reward u for this,when shld we be expecting the continuation? I'm really intrested in knowing more so as to guide me in preparing for my own time.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
zeeziz:
Salam,thank u for sharing this knowledge I learnt so many things wc I regret not knowing earlier may Allah(swt) reward u for this,when shld we be expecting the continuation? I'm really intrested in knowing more so as to guide me in preparing for my own time.

In sha Allah, the update will come soon. Wa alaykum salam.

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
THE VALLEY OF PEACE (WADI-US-SALAM)
A question may arise in the minds of people as to where does such a vast event of Barzakhtake place. A human's intellect is beyond its understanding. In Ahadith (traditions), this universe is compared to the mother's womb, and the state of Barzakh to the expansive world outside it. If a child in the mother's womb is informed about a vast and expansive world outside it, it will be difficult for it to grasp it. In the same manner human intellect cannot understand the state of the expansive Barzakh. As is said in the Holy Qur'an: "So no soul knows what is hidden for them of that which will refresh the eyes."{Sajdah: 17}

It is related in ahadith that whenever a believer (Mo'min) dies anywhere in the east or the west, his spirit is taken to the Valley of Peace (Wadius-Salam).

The Valley Of Punishment (Wadi-e-Barhoot)
This is the dwelling place of the evil spirits (Ruh) who are made to stay there during Barzakh and taste severe chastisement.

THOSE A'MAL (Deeds) WHICH PROVE HELPFUL FOR THE PEOPLE IN BARZAKH
Allamah Qutubud deen Rawandi quotes from "Lubbe Labaab" that it is related, that on the night of every Friday, the spirits (Ruh) of the dead ones come to the doors of their houses and call out: "O my children! O my relatives! Favour me by performing such acts which may prove helpful to me, and may also become the cause of Allah's blessings to be bestowed on you.

Give us a place in your hearts, do not forget us, have mercy on our wretched state. Surely we are in a state of imprisonment, loneliness, and anxiety. So do not hold your hands from giving alms (sadaqa) on our behalf, and pray for our forgiveness. It is possible that Allah may hear your prayers and bestow His mercy upon us, do so before you too may become like us. Alas! Some day we were also strong and healthy as you are now. O' servants of Allah! Listen to our words, and pay heed to them...
"

It is narrated from "Jame'ul Akhbaar" that one of the companions of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) heard him saying that, "send gifts to your dead." I asked him as to what gifts could be send to the people who are dead? He replied, "It is to give alms (sadaqa) on their behalf or pray for their forgiveness."

In the same book it has been narrated from the Holy prophet (peace be upon him and his household) that he said that, "Whatever alms (sadaqa) is given on behalf of the deceased person, the blessed Angels adorn it on an illuminated tray and take it to the head of the grave and say: Peace be on you, O' inhabitant of the grave! This gift has been sent to you by your relatives.

The deceased person takes the tray into his grave, as a result of which the entire grave gets illuminated, and the grave expands in length."

He (the Holy Prophet) continued, "Those who favor their departed relatives by giving alms on their behalf, its reward is as big as the mountain of Uhud in the sight of Allah. On the day of Qiyamat, Allah will give the person shelter under His Throne (Arsh), when there will be no other shelter except this. Hence this sadaqa proves useful for the living person as well as the dead one."

Allamah Majlisi narrates in "Zadul Ma'ad" says that do not forget your dead, for they have no power to perform good deeds, and they totally rely on their children, brothers, and relatives. They eagerly await the favors. Particularly pray for them in the Midnight prayers, and after every obligatory prayers. And never forget to pray for your parents more than anyone else whenever you visit the sacred places, and perform good deeds on their behalf.

It is also narrated that there have been such children who were disowned by their parents during their lifetime, but were later forgiven because they performed good deeds on their behalf after their death. The best deed to be performed on behalf of one's parents or relatives, is to pay their debts (Huququn Naas), and to perform worship acts on their behalf. One should also perform the pilgrimage (Hajj) for them which they left in their lifetime...
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by Rilwayne001: 11:20am On Mar 23, 2015
Happy birthday to you brother Albaqir, May ALLAH (swt) bless your new age smiley wink smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Happy birthday to you brother Albaqir, May ALLAH (swt) bless your new age smiley wink smiley

Amin thuma amin. Thanks a lot my dear brother. I really appreciate that. May Allah bless you too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
RESURRECTION (QIYAMAT)
Regarding Qiyamat, Allah says in the Qur'an, "It will be momentous in the heavens and the earth, It will not come on you but of a sudden."{Surah al-A'raf: 187}

It is related that there is no Angel in the heavens or the earth, skies or mountains, seas or deserts who do not fear Fridays. Because they think that Qiyamat may come on that very day. It is also narrated that whenever the Holy Prophet would talk about Qiyamat, there would be sternness in his voice, and his cheeks would turn red.

THE TRUMPET OF ISRAFEEL
When Almighty Allah will intend to bring forth Qiyamat, He will order Israfeel to blow the trumpet (Soor). The trumpet is large and illuminated, and has one mouth piece and two tubes, one pointing towards the earth and other towards the sky.

When the voice will come out from that side which is towards the earth all living beings on it shall die, and when the voice will come out from that side which is towards the sky all living being in it shall also die. Then Allah will say to Israfeel "Die" and he too shall die. Allah has described the end of the world in many verses (Ayah) of the Qur'an:
"When the great event comes to pass, there is no belying its coming to pass - Abasing (one party), exalting (the other), When the earth shall be shaking with a (severe) shaking, And the mountains shall be made to crumble with (an awful) crumbling, so that they shall be scattered dust." {surah al-Waqiah: 1 - 6}

"On the day when the earth shall be changed into a different earth, and the heavens (as well), and they shall come forth before Allah, the One, the supreme." {surah Ibrahim:48}

"When the heavens becomes cleft asunder, And when the stars become dispersed, And when the seas are made to flow forth, And when the graves are laid open, Every soul shall know what it has sent before and held back." {surah al-Infitar: 1 - 5}

See also, surah al-Qiyamat: 7 - 8; surah at-Takwir: 1 - 3; surah Yaseen: 50 etc.

It is reported the "voice of Allah" will be heard {"Where are those men who walked arrogantly over the earth, where are the kings and the emperors who prided upon their empires, where are the people who claimed to be Gods, where are your so-called kingdoms. Whose kingdom is it today"?}

No one will have the courage to answer. Then He Himself will say {"Verily Allah's, the Dominant (al-Qahhar), the Compelling (al-Jabbar)."}
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
RESURRECTION (QIYAMAT)
The entire universe will remain destroyed till Allah wishes.

Thereafter it will rain consequently and all physical matter will gather together and collect. Israfeel will be the first one to come to life again. Allah will then command him to blow the trumpet again, he shall do so and all dead will arise. A voice will then come "O souls driven forth from the bodies! And the scattered flesh! And the rotten bones! And the dispersed hairs, come and join together, come forth to account (for your deeds)".

The earth will be commanded by Allah to vomit all that lies buried in it. "And the earth brings forth her burdens." {Surah az-Zilzal: 2}

All the matter buried in the earth will come out and join. And the people will arise and stand together. But each one will have a distinct state and different voices. The virtuous will be uttering Allah's praises "Praise be to Allah who has fulfilled what He promised." While the sinners will be lamenting while coming out of their graves "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place."{Surah al-Yaseen: 52}

It is related in a tradition that one foot will be on the earth while the other in the grave, and they will be standing in wonder so much so that thirty thousand years will pass away. This will be the first part of the punishments of Qiyamat.
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
AlBaqir:
RESURRECTION (QIYAMAT)
The entire universe will remain destroyed till Allah wishes.

Thereafter it will rain consequently and all physical matter will gather together and collect. Israfeel will be the first one to come to life again. Allah will then command him to blow the trumpet again, he shall do so and all dead will arise. A voice will then come "O souls driven forth from the bodies! And the scattered flesh! And the rotten bones! And the dispersed hairs, come and join together, come forth to account (for your deeds)".

The earth will be commanded by Allah to vomit all that lies buried in it. "And the earth brings forth her burdens." {Surah az-Zilzal: 2}

All the matter buried in the earth will come out and join. And the people will arise and stand together. But each one will have a distinct state and different voices. The virtuous will be uttering Allah's praises "Praise be to Allah who has fulfilled what He promised." While the sinners will be lamenting while coming out of their graves "O woe to us! Who has raised us up from our sleeping place."{Surah al-Yaseen: 52}

It is related in a tradition that one foot will be on the earth while the other in the grave, and they will be standing in wonder so much so that thirty thousand years will pass away. This will be the first part of the punishments of Qiyamat.
Its been a while u posted,I really enjoyed ur post,so enlightening and revealing. Jazakallahu khairan
Re: What Happens To The Soul Of A Dead Person (at The Initial Stage) by AlBaqir(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2015
rainyday:
Its been a while u posted,I really enjoyed ur post,so enlightening and revealing. Jazakallahu khairan

Ma sha Allah! Thanks for that word of encouragement. However, I decided to put a stop when I realized further post will be a derail from the main topic "what happened to the soul of a dead person (at initial stage)". So talking about Resurrection, Judgement, Hell and paradise will derail further the topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion And Education In Nigeria / Ramadan: A Quranic Narrative, A Gift For The Muslim. / Islamic Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.